The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, if a FM LP is scratched, I hope Lindsey is taking his material and doing a solo album too!!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

However, Stevie is not the type of artist to "go in and get everything done in 2 weeks" kind of gal. She takes just as much time with studio material as FM does. Knowing the history of how these 5 work, I cannot see her putting out another solo album this fast. This all sounds fishy to me!

If there's any benefit, at least we know she's working on NEW SONGS!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We know how long it takes to get an album out from these guys. Maybe this is just the beginning of recording since they have some down time. I bet The Mac will record and Stevie will too, but they won't come out for a year or so.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Slow down...

Before everyone gets into a tizzy, let's step back, take a breath, and think this through.
1. Although I tend to believe him, Mick is notorius for getting things a little muddled. Stevie doesn't record solo albums this fast, and it's possible she's laying down some basic tracks to work on AFTER the tour (I doubt this).
2. Just because she's recording in Nashville, doesn't mean it is a Country album. Nashville has a diverse music scene. It's more likely that Stevie had planned on going into the studio after the last Mac to record an album (a studio, or her house, in LA). Christine re-joining the Mac put a damper on that. Dave Stewaart simply suggested that he had a studio and crew in Nashville that he knew could fast track recording an album. Stevie has so much faith in Dave that she jumps at the chance to do an album before she ggoes back to the Mac.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Also, I just had a feeling this whole time that Stevie wasn't jumping up and down about Chris returning. Now don't take this the wrong way. I don't think it has anything to do with Chris, but EVERYTHING to do with her having to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. Ever since Say You Will, I feel like Stevie see's Fleetwood mac as kind of a chore. Yes, she seems happy, but not as happy when she's on her own. She likes to be her own boss and do things her way. Even on this last FM leg, she seemed distant. Just like Lindsey, I think that she likes to go in, do her 1 year duty with FM, then go back to Stevieland.

I mean, how long has she been rambling about Chris to the press. YEARS AFTER YEARS! It hasn't ended. And now, she's finally back and its like "oh yeah, welcome back Chris."

I think they're all thrilled that she's back, but I bet Stevie and Lindsey are itching to go back to their own camps.
I agree with all of this. Also, like someone else here said, just because it's in Nashville doesn't mean it's going to be a country album.
My speculation of how this went down: Stevie realized this FM thing will last the next 2 years. She remembered how quickly Dave gets albums done (he did one of his own when he flew to Nashville for a couple weeks during the time IYD was in process of being done.) She decided to quickly take advantage of that and called Dave, and he obliged.
Fleetwood Mac takes a long time to get albums out. Did they ever admit or say there would be a brand new, full album released before the tour started? I don't believe so. "New music" I know they mentioned briefly, so maybe another EP of sorts I was thinking. ( And even that seems far-reaching.)
As far as Stevie full-blown touring behind this, there won't be time. But I bet she'll do a few shows at smaller venues behind it. In fact, Mick was doing a few shows with his little band here in San Diego in June I believe.

As for myself, I couldn't be happier about this!!

Last edited by jkmaletic; 04-27-2014 at 08:07 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This is exactly how I feel. I was surprised how muted Stevie's response to Christine's return was, and I really feel that it's going to be Stevie's turn, this time, to put an end to things. We had Lindsey doing it in 87, Chris in 97 and I suspect now Stevie.

I was excited that there might be a new Fleetwood Mac album, but now I'm not sure about what will happen. I don't care about Stevie solo work; it doesn't interest me at all. I'm quite sad that Christine's renewed enthusiasm for making music with the band has coincided with Stevie's disengagement.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This is exactly how I feel. I was surprised how muted Stevie's response to Christine's return was, and I really feel that it's going to be Stevie's turn, this time, to put an end to things. We had Lindsey doing it in 87, Chris in 97 and I suspect now Stevie.

I was excited that there might be a new Fleetwood Mac album, but now I'm not sure about what will happen. I don't care about Stevie solo work; it doesn't interest me at all. I'm quite sad that Christine's renewed enthusiasm for making music with the band has coincided with Stevie's disengagement.
Well, no, I don't think it would ever get to the point of Stevie leaving completely. She's no dummy. It's Fleetwood Mac that has renewed her fame decade after decade (The Dance, Glee, American Horror Story). I could never see her doing that.

Also, I think its super cool that Christine is down there hanging out and jamming with them!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what Christine's involvement is here? Maybe some harmony work?

Last edited by jkmaletic; 04-27-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

At least everyone's reacting calmly to the news... Really though, if we've learned anything over the last couple of years it is that they are almost incapable of releasing new music in a timely manner or properly promoting it. EP is still not a physical release and they couldn't get 4 songs out to the public before touring started despite them being recorded and ready to go. Did anyone think the album would actually come out this year...? It could, anything is possible after all, but that seems very unlikely given their history.

Stevie doing a solo album should be a relief for the anti-Dave Stewart contingent. If it's a country album I won't be too excited, but that isn't necessarily the case. Just glad she's getting back into that mode for whatever purposes. She wouldn't leave the band behind. Anymore that's her cash cow. She may be a little crazy, but she's not an idiot. Didn't Mick say something about it being done quickly, that "we're" hoping for that? Obviously they are counting on her being in the studio with FM so let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey has been championing a FM album for years. I don't think he has any preference at all to do a solo album over FM album right now. He even said the last solo album was unexpected and born of necessity due to Stevie's unwillingness to record a FM album. I think he's scratched the solo itch for now.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Dave did the "in and out in 2 weeks" style recording experience for one of his recent albums. I remember him talking about it. So I don't think it's impossible that e convinced Stevie how much of a fun and freeing process that would be.

My guess is that Chris possibly laid down a backing vocal or some keys on one of the tracks. Michelle Branch could have done a guest vocal too. It's not unusual for Stevie to throw in a friend as a backup singer, and it goes along with the nature of the 2 quick group effort recording thing.

What doesn't make sense to me is the timing. Unless Stevie is planning to your for like June and July or something solo to promote this... Or waiting until after FM is through (which will probably be 2015). It just seems bizarre either way.

Also, somewhat shocked Stevie has enough new material for a whole album. Wonder if she has been writing with Dave.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Ledgie

I don't this she is recording a country album she is just using Dave's setup at Blackbird to make this record as efficiently as possible. She probably sees this as her only opportunity to do another solo album (and possibly to work with Dave) before signing on to a two to three year commitment with FM. I think a FM album is still in the works but was pushed back until next year to give Stevie this window of time to do her own thing before she rejoins FM full time (with some solo dates here and there between legs of FM tours).
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Well, Dave did the "in and out in 2 weeks" style recording experience for one of his recent albums. I remember him talking about it. So I don't think it's impossible that e convinced Stevie how much of a fun and freeing process that would be.

My guess is that Chris possibly laid down a backing vocal or some keys on one of the tracks. Michelle Branch could have done a guest vocal too. It's not unusual for Stevie to throw in a friend as a backup singer, and it goes along with the nature of the 2 quick group effort recording thing.

What doesn't make sense to me is the timing. Unless Stevie is planning to your for like June and July or something solo to promote this... Or waiting until after FM is through (which will probably be 2015). It just seems bizarre either way.

Also, somewhat shocked Stevie has enough new material for a whole album. Wonder if she has been writing with Dave.
I don't want to stir the pot here since we still don't know what the situation is regarding FM and what they will be doing in the future but it's possible Stevie want's no part of Mick's 3 year plan...She may have told them that she'll do the fall tour and after that she's taking time off from FM...
Old 04-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I detest country music with an unhealthy passion, and I badly want a new Mac studio album. I really hope this development turns out not to be true.
I always felt Stevie was perfectly suited to sing country music. The first time I heard some of her demos back in 1981 I was ready for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
We know how long it takes to get an album out from these guys. I bet The Mac will record and Stevie will too, but they won't come out for a year or so.
I tend to agree with this but maybe she feels it is time to do something different. Age has a way of making one feel there is less time to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
Before everyone gets into a tizzy, let's step back, take a breath, and think this through.
Just because she's recording in Nashville, doesn't mean it is a Country album. Nashville has a diverse music scene.
Agreed. In the 1980's she recorded Whole Lotta Trouble in Memphis. I think One More Big time Rock And Roll Star might have been recorded there also, but my memory isn't too clear on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
At least everyone's reacting calmly to the news... Really though, if we've learned anything over the last couple of years it is that they are almost incapable of releasing new music in a timely manner or properly promoting it. It could, anything is possible after all, but that seems very unlikely given their history.
The Other Side Of The Mirror took me completely by surprise. I have always been on top of news reports about Stevie's career. FM toured in Europe in 1988 and released a greatest hits album for Christmas, 1988.In May, 1989 it was a friend of mine, a casual Stevie fan who first heard Rooms on Fire on the radio and asked me if I had heard the new SN song. I said there was no new SN song. And she said there was. I figured she had just heard some SN song on the radio that was never a single. But she insisted. So I called the radio station and the DJ confirmed it. An hour later he played it for me and I have that memory of being in my first apartment looking out the window on a beautiful Spring evening at the full moon and hearing ROF for the first time.
I was completely in the dark about that album. What a wonderful surprise that was for me. I know most disagree but I love that album.

Also the song Twisted was recorded and released within a 3 week time period so it could appear on the movie soundtrack.So we never know what this group of people are capable of pulling out of a hat.

Last edited by vivfox; 04-27-2014 at 10:03 AM..