The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's songs were a lot stronger than Stevie's on Say You Will. (Sorry folks but he thumped her in the songwriting department on that album.)

I'm glad she is working on songs with Dave. Her lyrics are less flakey and the songs are stronger. Plus, there is more variety. It seems as though she was just imitating herself before IYD. With that said, I want Lindsey to be involved in the production. I want the album to sound like Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Lindsey's songs were a lot stronger than Stevie's on Say You Will. (Sorry folks but he thumped her in the songwriting department on that album.)

I'm glad she is working on songs with Dave. Her lyrics are less flakey and the songs are stronger. Plus, there is more variety. It seems as though she was just imitating herself before IYD. With that said, I want Lindsey to be involved in the production. I want the album to sound like Fleetwood Mac.
How can John, Christine, Mick and Stevie NOT sound like Fleetwood Mac???
Old 04-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
how insulting. Dave is enormously respected in the business and has worked with dozens/100s of artists on a continuous basis since the 1970s. You have no idea what anything he might produce would sound.

/getting off Dave fan soapbox
Exactly!!! What is everyone going to do if Christine likes working with Dave and he ends up being involved with her songs or even writes a few FM songs with her???
Old 04-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
how insulting. Dave is enormously respected in the business and has worked with dozens/100s of artists on a continuous basis since the 1970s. You have no idea what anything he might produce would sound.

you must have not been reading any posts on this board if you think people saying they don't like DS's producing style is insulting... i cannot even imagine how you must feel about the amount of *insulting* that goes on here directed towards different FM members, especially LB, MF, and SN.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Exactly!!! What is everyone going to do if Christine likes working with Dave and he ends up being involved with her songs or even writes a few FM songs with her???
complain... lol
Old 04-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No one will ever go back to solo. That's just the way it is. It's just going to be FM from now on.

Michele
i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Yes, and That's the reason why I don't hold my breath for this project. The flat and faceless mediocre result of IYD doesn't make my blood rush. Now, the EP didn't either, but I hold Lindsey responsable for the fact that he just recorded those 'commercial popstyle' songs to seduce Stevie back into the studio for an FM album. He even used Froome to give her the security of not being in ayatolla's only hand. This is not going to be a FM album, but the next compromise of a compromise that won't have a real face.
yup! and they'll get next 5 years of touring out of it, and LB will go around preaching his spiel how this album proves they are not only a nostalgia act. whatever, man.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
complain... lol
but of course!

Old 04-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But I know what songs he HAS produced sound like and I know which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Dave is great with some artists who bring an edge, but when they don't, I think he subtracts from them rather than enhances.

I don't care if he is respected in the business or not. I used to have those albums he did with Rhona Mitra and I detested them. I also dislike a lot of his Tom Petty stuff, it's about half and half. I thought he would be good with Stevie, but don't think he would be any good with Christine. I think the results would be horrid.

But the fact is, Dave will not be producing any of Christine's songs. He may produce some songs that she sings on and I hope all of his fans enjoy it.

Michele
Old 04-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If they're bad people will berate them. Just as they have always done with bad songs.

Michele
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone anonymously posted the following on fleetwoodmacnews.com back in February; I wonder how reliable (if at all), this information is?

SN has submitted a new song called ''Hit And Run'' and MF loves it, very rocking, lots of different ways the title is used in the song- about love affairs, being on stage, recording, having to leave someone or something, hooks galore and rather s straightforward lyrical thread throughout the song.
I hope we get to hear it. Soon! "Hit And Run''- 2/8/2014

I can verify the song, "Hit and Run" and also another track called "Whenever You're Ready."

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...ood-mac_9.html
Old 04-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Someone anonymously posted the following on fleetwoodmacnews.com back in February; I wonder how reliable (if at all), this information is?

SN has submitted a new song called ''Hit And Run'' and MF loves it, very rocking, lots of different ways the title is used in the song- about love affairs, being on stage, recording, having to leave someone or something, hooks galore and rather s straightforward lyrical thread throughout the song.
I hope we get to hear it. Soon! "Hit And Run''- 2/8/2014

I can verify the song, "Hit and Run" and also another track called "Whenever You're Ready."

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...ood-mac_9.html
look at the names of these songs and then think about it.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
look at the names of these songs and then think about it.
Indeed! But I'm doing my best to remain optimistic that songs are in the works (either new, or from the vault).
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I know what songs he HAS produced sound like and I know which ones I like and which ones I don't.

Dave is great with some artists who bring an edge, but when they don't, I think he subtracts from them rather than enhances.

I don't care if he is respected in the business or not. I used to have those albums he did with Rhona Mitra and I detested them. I also dislike a lot of his Tom Petty stuff, it's about half and half. I thought he would be good with Stevie, but don't think he would be any good with Christine. I think the results would be horrid.

But the fact is, Dave will not be producing any of Christine's songs. He may produce some songs that she sings on and I hope all of his fans enjoy it.

Michele
I didn't even like what he did with Stevie. I have nothing against the guy, but it seems from the IYD doc that the reason Stevie thinks he's so great is that he never tried to criticize her in any way, shape, or form... And that includes constructive criticism. However, I think she needs constructive criticism to do her best work. If he won't give it to her, I don't want him producing a Mac album.... not even some of it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-20-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If Dave *IS* involved, it's nothing that's not been talked about before between members of the band...

From 2009:

How far along are you in planning a new Fleetwood Mac album?
We aren't far along in any specific sense. My mantra is to work on my dynamic with Stevie. She was a little uncomfortable when we got on the road last time, for whatever reason. Part of it was that she missed Christine, part of it was that I was getting 50 percent of the face time onstage and she wasn't used to having a guy get all that space. I think it threw her context out a little. So this time around I am very much wanting to make everyone as comfortable as possible and have that be the most important thing. But we have discussed, when this tour is done, going into the studio. The only specific we know is that we are leaning toward finding an outside producer. I think it would help to have an overviewer. It was pretty hard taking the reins last time. Not so much with the music but with the band politics.

Have any producers in mind?
We had a short list, but I have no idea. We've talked about everyone from Daniel Lanois to Dave Stewart to Rick Rubin. That pretty much runs the gamut of approaches. We have to meet with a few people and see how it feels.

Still amused by Dave actually calling in to talk to Lindsey (when he did his Rockline interview) about the SnL/Dave and Annie parallel back in 2008, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I didn't even like what he did with Stevie. I have nothing against the guy, but it seems from the IYD doc that the reason Stevie thinks he's so great is that he never tried to criticize her in any way, shape, or form... And that includes constructive criticism. However, I think she needs constructive criticism to do her best work. If he won't give it to her, I don't want him producing a Mac album.... not even some of it.
I have to agree, although I do enjoy a few tracks off IYD.