The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's everywhere except in the studio.

What's with that? Leno, country awards etc... IIMO she loves the cash from the tour and all the attention she's getting as an "icon" or "legend". Don't think she's interested in sitting in a studio making music anymore. Sucks. Get your a*s in the studio and stop wallowing in the fame. Sorry had to rant.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What's with that? Leno, country awards etc... IIMO she loves the cash from the tour and all the attention she's getting as an "icon" or "legend". Don't think she's interested in sitting in a studio making music anymore. Sucks. Get your a*s in the studio and stop wallowing in the fame. Sorry had to rant.
Leno retired where have you been? And yes BMI is honoring Stevie as a BMI ICON and yes Stevie has every right to enjoy her current status......

An excerpt from the press release...
"BMI Icons are selected because of their unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers. As a BMI Icon, Stevie Nicks will join elite ranks that include Paul Simon, Carole King, David Foster, John Fogerty, Kris Kristofferson, the Jacksons, Crosby, Stills & Nash, the Bee Gees, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Brian Wilson, Carlos Santana, Dolly Parton, and others".

"Stevie Nicks is an extraordinary songwriter and pedigree artist of stunning genius and unwavering grace, on and off the stage. She has defined an era of pop and rock culture around the world with her brilliance and unforgettable magnificence," said Barbara Cane, BMI Vice President & General Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, Los Angeles.

And you might be right in saying that you "Don't think she's interested in sitting in a studio making music anymore". I think Stevie is very interested in making new music possibly just not with FM...If Stevie doesn't want to record with FM that's her decision and if FM is not happy with that then maybe they should do something about it...

You may not be happy with Stevie and you are entitled to say so but she is doing an incredible job promoting herself as well as Fleetwood Mac right now...
Old 04-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

If. .... If theyare recording since she doesn't play an instrument right now they would be laying down instrumental tracks and have absolutely no use for her whatsoever
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
If. .... If theyare recording since she doesn't play an instrument right now they would be laying down instrumental tracks and have absolutely no use for her whatsoever
Do we even know if they are still at the Village/recording?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
they just started laying instrumentals? aren't they in the [expensive] studio for the second month already?

plus i don't get this kind of argument anyway. wasn't SN saying loud and clear that she wants to have a say and she wants to be in the studio from the start and that for her that not being the case was a large part of what was wrong with their last record? and the other large part being no Christine McVie? so i'm not sure where "what would she do in the studio?" is coming from. either she wants to be involved or she doesn't, if the new album is being made.

for all we know she might be hugely involved and just doing these few one-offs in between.

or she doesn't want to have anything to do with the new album. if that's the case the remaining band members should just put the new album out without her. or if she wants to just sing and not contribute any songs, they can (and maybe already are) do that.

they don't have infinite amount of time.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

plus i don't get this kind of argument anyway. wasn't SN saying loud and clear that she wants to have a say and she wants to be in the studio from the start and that for her that not being the case was a large part of what was wrong with their last record? and the other large part being no Christine McVie? so i'm not sure where "what would she do in the studio?" is coming from. either she wants to be involved or she doesn't, if the new album is be
She says a lot of things
Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Leno retired where have you been? And yes BMI is honoring Stevie as a BMI ICON and yes Stevie has every right to enjoy her current status......

An excerpt from the press release...
"BMI Icons are selected because of their unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers. As a BMI Icon, Stevie Nicks will join elite ranks that include Paul Simon, Carole King, David Foster, John Fogerty, Kris Kristofferson, the Jacksons, Crosby, Stills & Nash, the Bee Gees, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Brian Wilson, Carlos Santana, Dolly Parton, and others".

"Stevie Nicks is an extraordinary songwriter and pedigree artist of stunning genius and unwavering grace, on and off the stage. She has defined an era of pop and rock culture around the world with her brilliance and unforgettable magnificence," said Barbara Cane, BMI Vice President & General Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, Los Angeles.

And you might be right in saying that you "Don't think she's interested in sitting in a studio making music anymore". I think Stevie is very interested in making new music possibly just not with FM...If Stevie doesn't want to record with FM that's her decision and if FM is not happy with that then maybe they should do something about it...

You may not be happy with Stevie and you are entitled to say so but she is doing an incredible job promoting herself as well as Fleetwood Mac right now...
Excellent post. She's 65 years old. She deserves to get to do whatever makes HER happy. Yes, we all would like new music, but we have to accept that it might not happen anytime soon. I love that she and the Mac are getting all of this exposure.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Excellent post. She's 65 years old. She deserves to get to do whatever makes HER happy. Yes, we all would like new music, but we have to accept that it might not happen anytime soon. I love that she and the Mac are getting all of this exposure.
Stevie does, sure, and that may be what she feels is best for her personally and she has every right to do what she wants. but this is FM forum. doesn't necessarily mean that's what's best for the band. if she doesn't want to make new music with the band, i hope she told them that, that she's out.

SN getting an exposure does not necessarily mean FM is. unless you are going from the premise that FM is her band, not the band of 5 people who are all equally important, with 3 songwriters among them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they just started laying instrumentals? aren't they in the [expensive] studio for the second month already?

plus i don't get this kind of argument anyway. wasn't SN saying loud and clear that she wants to have a say and she wants to be in the studio from the start and that for her that not being the case was a large part of what was wrong with their last record? and the other large part being no Christine McVie? so i'm not sure where "what would she do in the studio?" is coming from. either she wants to be involved or she doesn't, if the new album is being made.

for all we know she might be hugely involved and just doing these few one-offs in between.

or she doesn't want to have anything to do with the new album. if that's the case the remaining band members should just put the new album out without her. or if she wants to just sing and not contribute any songs, they can (and maybe already are) do that.

they don't have infinite amount of time.
It's not really expensive when you have hundreds of millions of dollars between you (lol). Yes I agree if Stevie wants to be a part of the next record then she should be in the studio and no doubt there would be at least something she could contribute even at this early stage.

Would be a shame if they put out an album without her though. I've been watching all these recent performances she has done online and her voice sounds fantastic, much better than it did in the latter stages of the Live 2013 Tour. That spoof she did with Jimmy Fallon was awesome, I know it was meant to be funny, but I think she nailed the vocals too.

On the other hand, we had a quartet album from Buckingham Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (and three tours), so a Buckingham Perfect-Fleetwood Mac album would be interesting and nothing to sniff at I'm sure.

Off topic: I've been thinking Christine didn't miss very much in her sixteen years out of the band. Thoughts? She missed what, one album and two greatest hits tours? Yeah sure she missed out a few million dollars dosh but money isn't everything. Do we really think if she had stayed that there would have been three Fleetwood Mac albums with tours behind them?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie does, sure, and that may be what she feels is best for her personally and she has every right to do what she wants. but this is FM forum. doesn't necessarily mean that's what's best for the band. if she doesn't want to make new music with the band, i hope she told them that, that she's out.

SN getting an exposure does not necessarily mean FM is. unless you are going from the premise that FM is her band, not the band of 5 people who are all equally important, with 3 songwriters among them.
Nope, I'm not implying that it's "her" band at all, and yes, I do think that the exposure that she is getting does help the band. After all, she talked about Christine's return on the red carpet at the ACM's. I'm simply saying that she is doing what she wants to do, as she should, and that we MIGHT not get new music anytime soon.... I agree that hopefully everyone in the band is clear on which direction they are going as a group and that no one is causing drama. Life is too short to fight and bicker all the time. Also, I do realize that this is the FM forum, however, the thread title referenced Stevie by name. That is why I gave my opinion on Stevie in particular. I'm not trying to offend anyone, this is just my opinion and I'm sure it differs from the opinion of others. That's the beauty of having a public forum like this, where we can all discuss and debate the band and the music that we love. Have a great night!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Off topic: I've been thinking Christine didn't miss very much in her sixteen years out of the band. Thoughts? She missed what, one album and two greatest hits tours? Yeah sure she missed out a few million dollars dosh but money isn't everything. Do we really think if she had stayed that there would have been three Fleetwood Mac albums with tours behind them?
well, if they wanted an album with all 5, and if SN is against recording with them now, when CM is in (and again, we don't know what's really going on, SN might be actually in, and spending most of her time in studio with the rest of the band), then no they wouldn't in the last 10 years either. SN seemed pretty clear she didn't want to record with LB/FM after SYW, that she didn't like LB's work there.

LB talked about making another FM album right after SYW in DR doc. then he wanted to record a new FM album in 2010. then in 2012. now in 2014. the trend seems clear.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 PM

She was extremely upset that Lindsey was holding Christine's hand much longer than hers. She ran out of the studio and the other members have been trying to get her back since. She was last seen trying to get Don Henley back.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
plus i don't get this kind of argument anyway. wasn't SN saying loud and clear that she wants to have a say
She's not going to get a say in the direction of/production of Christine's songs, now is she? And, by all accounts, that's what they're working on.

Just this week, Rolling Stone quoted Christine as saying that they're still working on constructing "proper tracks" from her "rough" demos.

So, if they're not working on Stevie's songs, and if they're not yet to the stage of needing Stevie's backing vocals, then there really isn't a reason for Stevie to be sitting in the studio twiddling her thumbs.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
She's not going to get a say in the direction of/production of Christine's songs, now is she? And, by all accounts, that's what they're working on.

Just this week, Rolling Stone quoted Christine as saying that they're still working on constructing "proper tracks" from her "rough" demos.

So, if they're not working on Stevie's songs, and if they're not yet to the stage of needing Stevie's backing vocals, then there really isn't a reason for Stevie to be sitting in the studio twiddling her thumbs.
yes that quote really upsets me, for some reason. because 6 months ago, Christine was saying that she had 3 almost finished songs, and a few more in rough demo phase. so either they are going backwards on her songs, or it almost seems like an excuse for something else going on.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She was extremely upset that Lindsey was holding Christine's hand much longer than hers. She ran out of the studio and the other members have been trying to get her back since. She was last seen trying to get Don Henley back.
you do know i love you, right?