Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac in Sports

So, we know that the World Cup is just coming, and the new song was released. Obviously, is not a good song, so I just searched for the old songs, and I discovered that one song of FM, Blow by Blow (then released in Time), was included in the "soundtrack"? of the World Cup USA '94.

Lot of us know that The Chain is one of the most representative songs in Formula One, because is the theme of the BBC broadcast. (And that's why I included this thread here...)

So, do you know about another FM song that was included in any other sport through the band's history?
Regards!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course, USC football. You know what. I don't have to say it.

Michele
Old 04-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Of course, USC football. You know what. I don't have to say it.

Michele
Of course!!! Wow, I forgot that!!
Thanks Michele!
Old 04-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Metro UK, April 19, 2014

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/19/why-ru...-lies-4702826/

Why rumours about Southampton’s stars are not such sweet little lies

Saturday 19 Apr 2014 8:24 am

There has been plenty of speculation regarding the future of Southampton’s array of talented players.

While the focus should be on this afternoon’s away trip to Aston Villa, the nature of the ending to this season has seen more attention paid to ‘rumours’.

Most of it is of course ‘second hand news’, but people aren’t too worried about that and they ‘don’t stop’ re-posting the stories on forums and social networking outlets.

Personally as a Saints fan of over 20 years I’ve learnt not to worry too much until it actually happens.

People overreact when it comes to their football club, and with the early release of season ticket prices (a four per cent increase on last year), I’ve even seen people suggest that they are ‘never going back again’ if the much rumoured 2-3 ‘key players’ are sold. An interesting outlook, personally I support Southampton Football Club, not particular players.

‘The Chain’ of hearsay and speculation naturally is a case of two plus two equalling five, but the anxiety surrounding Saints ever since the ‘difficult financial situation’ (that didn’t actually appear that difficult on paper) was announced has increased ten-fold.

The pessimist in me would suggest that the use of those particular words was an invite to potential buyers to come and have look, but that doesn’t mean that our ‘dreams’ are about to be shattered.

It is my personal opinion (just an opinion mind you) that Saints will be in for a testing summer and we are likely to see outgoings, but that isn’t the disaster it might seem. We have the best academy in the country and players can be replaced. The lack of new contract for the manager is a bigger issue in my opinion, and sealing that could well be the catalyst for keeping the majority of the stars.

Right now, nobody is going anywhere and Saints have the opportunity to get some much warranted revenge on Aston Villa, yet another team we outplayed yet lost to in a classic case of smash and grab Villa look like they could be dragged right into the relegation battle if they lose on Saturday and Saints must be up to the challenge.

Let’s face it, last week’s result at home to Cardiff was an abomination. End of season or no end of season, Saints must do better and if they aren’t prepared to, then the superstars can ‘go their own way’ anyway.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was a 1970's photo of Stevie sitting on a race car.Did FM sponsor that racing outfit.Also she was photographed with the driver.I thinks these photos were takin here in Connecticut.

Does anybody remember this or have the photos.I'm having a memory lapse of this also god knows where I have my copies of the photos.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These are not FM, but Stevie has taken part in sporting event entertainment. In 2005, Stevie attended the Melbourne Cup and had a horse named after her and, in 2007, she performed "Stand Back" during the Super Bowl XLI preshow.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Harrison Mooney 5/9/2014 Yahoo Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...200843889.html

Puck Treasures: Pittsburgh Penguins Fleetwood Mac sweater isn't just rumours

Suppose that you were a diehard Pittsburgh Penguins fan AND a diehard fan of Fleetwood Mac, the Black-Eyed Peas of pop. What a nightmare that would be! Every day you'd wake up and look at your assortment of Fleetwood Mac shirts and Pittsburgh Penguins shirts and you'd think, "Damn, if only there was some way to combine these shirts, tell the world that I am a Pittsburgh Penguins fan who also loves Fleetwood Mac, with just one piece of clothing. Alas, if there is, it's a Mystery to Me. Oh well."

Well have I got news for you, hypothetical person. There totally is. Now, you can go your own way with this Original Vintage Fleetwood Marc Pittsburgh Penguins Tour Jersey Shirt.

That's right. This is a real thing. It's not a Mirage. It's not just Rumours. It's real, it's rayon, and it can be yours for just $700. That's a steal. It's marked down from $1000. Why? Because it's hard to find. Just like Heroes Are Hard to Find.

If you're a diehard fan, your first thought might be that this had something to do with 1973's Penguin. But you'd be dead wrong. It's from a different Time.

This one-of-a-kind sweater is from Fleetwood Mac's big 1975 tour, shortly after the release of Fleetwood Mac, the album that said goodbye to Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and introduced the new lineup with Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and Stevie Nicks on vocals. They swung through Pennsylvania right around the time the Penguins were starting their 1975-76 season, playing Pittsburgh's Civic Arena in October 15, 1975, just a few days after the Penguins' home-opener.

As the band and the team danced around one another like a Tango in the Night, this baby was made. Then Fleetwood Mac turned the building into a Kiln House with their hot, West Coast pop/rock, then the Penguins returned to Then Play On in Future Games.

The 1975-76 Penguins were an offensive powerhouse. Their Mr. Wonderful was Pierre Larouche, who scored 53 goals and 111 points. Unfortunately, their offense masked a mediocre defensive team, and in the first round of the playoffs, the Toronto Maple Leafs got Behind The Mask, scoring 10 goals. Worse, the Leafs' defensive shell was as hard as a Tusk, the Penguins offense dried up like leaves fallen from Bare Trees, and the Toronto won in a landslide.

Anyway. That's a detour whose sole purpose was to complete my mission of naming all 17 Fleetwood Mac albums in this post. Now I only have one left.

But enough about me. This is about you and the Fleetwood Mac/Pittsburgh Penguins sweater you need to buy. Say You Will.

s/t to Dave Wilson.