The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish this tour's schedule were more akin to the 2007 Under The Skin tour since there's no way I'll be able to see him on this upcoming one. I also wish the Amazon exclusive version of End Of Time were on this just so it could be on a disc for posterity's sake.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Ah yes! I am hoping for this as well. I'd be right there in line with you to buy these potential deluxe recordings. And LIVE footage included would be very welcome too! Excellent point.
I am in total agreement with you, do you think he will do this at some point since he's not apart of Fmac anymore, since they were stupid to fire him. Still makes no sense at all.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-31-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I am in total agreement with you, do you think he will do this at some point since he's not apart of Fmac anymore, since they were stupid to fire him. Still makes no sense at all.
Hey Sue!

I think there is a lot to expect from Lindsey at this point. I'm sure he will continue working in earnest on his solo career, especially now that he is free from the dead weight of FM. I'd bet that he will work more with other artists in the capacity of recording, producing, and playing with them.

Funny, I can tell by you sig line that you are(were) predominantly a Stevie fan, as was I. Yet the general consensus amongst most FM fans, even the ones like us, is that Lindsey getting fired was stupid!

I'm looking forward to the guitar god known as Lindsey Buckingham to blow us away! I'm sure we can expect a lot of good things to come from him. This anthology set is looking very interesting to me. I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Hey Sue!

I think there is a lot to expect from Lindsey at this point. I'm sure he will continue working in earnest on his solo career, especially now that he is free from the dead weight of FM. I'd bet that he will work more with other artists in the capacity of recording, producing, and playing with them.

Funny, I can tell by you sig line that you are(were) predominantly a Stevie fan, as was I. Yet the general consensus amongst most FM fans, even the ones like us, is that Lindsey getting fired was stupid!

I'm looking forward to the guitar god known as Lindsey Buckingham to blow us away! I'm sure we can expect a lot of good things to come from him. This anthology set is looking very interesting to me. I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.
I agree with you that he will be very very busy. I was a big Stevie fan when I had started here (in 05) and Mac starting about 1988 (the last time Lindsey left though it was 87) but my opinions have changed through the yrs as well as I am sure many other long time fans. It was such a stupid move on there part. I haven't seen them live since 03 the SYW tour and Lindsey was amazing really , he did much better than Stevie that night. I haven't seen Stevie either since 08. The high cost of ticket prices and well the Greatest hits machine thing just gets old. I still have bought the deluxe editions of the Mac and Stevie stuff though I think there's much more that can still be released . I always feel as fans we get the short end of the stick. When we should be there 'bread and butter' so to speak. It is what it is. I probably need to get rid of some of my 'collections' just not sure what route to take and all. Plus the time involved. Other than keeping what I really like some of it just isn't the big deal it once was ya know. Anyway, I do hope he has continued success. I so look forward to this release. It would be cool if he'd do a guitar instrumental lp like Peter Frampton did. I so love Frampton. I won't see Mac on this tour. Wish I could see Lindsey but doesn't look like I will be able to go that night he's here. I will have to read all the posts here. Maybe he'll release another live cd/dvd that would be cool too for this tour. The possibilities are endless for him. Well, great talking with you and we'll talk again for sure!! Take care!! I wrote those song captions along time ago guess I need to change them up some. Stevie gets on my nerves now some, part of me will always love certain periods but not everything thats for sure. Guess some won't like that statement but to each his /her own. Just how I feel now.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am travelling from Tokyo to see Lindsey front row in Birmingham in November!

Meanwhile, I don't think I'd go see the current lineup of Stevie Mac even if they came to Japan. (But I don't begrudge younger fans who haven't seen them before and think this might be their last chance.)
Old 09-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
No complaints here about the limited contribution from Law & Order.
Hey! Hey! HEY!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I might be the only one, but I love Law and Order. It's my favorite record from Lindsey. Maybe it was the year it came out or something, but it brings back fond memories for me.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now that makes me feel bad as I'm not going
and am only a few hours away.

Enjoy the show!
Old 09-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:

Meanwhile, I don't think I'd go see the current lineup of Stevie Mac even if they came to Japan. (But I don't begrudge younger fans who haven't seen them before and think this might be their last chance.)
wow that's AMAZING! i hope you have a m&g and get to tell him that!

i didn't even realize you are in Japan. i do know several people travelling in from Australia and Europe to see this LB solo tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Now that makes me feel bad as I'm not going
and am only a few hours away.

Enjoy the show!
as it should. any show within 6 hour drive is a fair consideration for me.

i did drive 8.5 hrs one way for BuckVie tour last summer, and that's a bit much. but below 6 hrs? easy decision for me, especially if close to the weekend.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as it should. any show within 6 hour drive is a fair consideration for me.

i did drive 8.5 hrs one way for BuckVie tour last summer, and that's a bit much. but below 6 hrs? easy decision for me, especially if close to the weekend.
I was hoping to drive, but I'll be flying 3k miles for this one.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I might be the only one, but I love Law and Order. It's my favorite record from Lindsey. Maybe it was the year it came out or something, but it brings back fond memories for me.
Good album! I like most of it. Johnny Stew is a favorite, for sure.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
It's a great album. I guess I'd rank it second or third.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm simply happy, Happy, HAPPY!!!! with the new announcement!! -Of course I'm talking about the Anthology, because I can't travel to see him on tour...-
It's rare to see there's only ONE song from Law & Order. Where's Bwana?? It Was I??
And I think it's unusual to see Turn It On and Doing What I Can in the collection. I think This Is The Time and Wrong were more logical choices.
But anyway, I'm really excited to hear the songs!!! Old and new ones, I'm going to buy the 3 CDs. But, I have an LP player now, so I don't know what's the best option...
Old 09-23-2018, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I'm simply happy, Happy, HAPPY!!!! with the new announcement!! -Of course I'm talking about the Anthology, because I can't travel to see him on tour...-
It's rare to see there's only ONE song from Law & Order. Where's Bwana?? It Was I??
And I think it's unusual to see Turn It On and Doing What I Can in the collection. I think This Is The Time and Wrong were more logical choices.
But anyway, I'm really excited to hear the songs!!! Old and new ones, I'm going to buy the 3 CDs. But, I have an LP player now, so I don't know what's the best option...
Agreed.