User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Lindsey signed my Buckingham Nicks album. I didn't notice until
I'd gotten it home that he'd drawn a mustache on Stevie. That rascal.
Did it have goat breath drawn in there, too? lol
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 AM

Default BuckVie Concert Reviews

http://www.newsobserver.com/entertai...158138709.html

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie make even a rainy night in Raleigh fun
BY LEAH MOORE
lmoore@newsobserver.com

A large crowd braved the rain Saturday night to see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, two-fifths of the revered rock band Fleetwood Mac, in a memorable show at Raleigh’s Red Hat Amphitheater.

The concert was a bit delayed due to thunderstorms, but it was worth the wait to see Buckingham’s unique guitar fingerpicking style and hear his harmonies with McVie. The sound was lush and layered, and if you closed your eyes, you were almost at a Fleetwood Mac show.

Buckingham and McVie opened with four songs they played without accompaniment – ”Trouble,” “Never Going Back Again,” “Wish You Were Here” and “Shut Us Down.” These were slow without a backing band.

Buckingham thanked the crowd for coming despite the weather, and then they launched – with the band – into “Sleeping Round the Corner” from their new album, an early highlight of the show.

Other favorites from the night were “You Make Loving Fun”; “Too Far Gone,” which really showed off drummer Jimmy Paxson, who has worked with Stevie Nicks; “I’m So Afraid,” which featured unbelievable guitar playing from Buckingham; and the classic “Go Your Own Way.”

The Fleetwood Mac songs the duo played were greeted with such enthusiasm from the crowd that it might have been a good move to play more of those. But the desire for their new work to stand on its own is certainly understandable, and largely, it did, although they are not the classics.

Buckingham, who did the majority of the talking during the evening, said when he and McVie came back together after her break from Fleetwood Mac, their songwriting chemistry was better than ever before.

“One of the other things that was a surprise and that was just a wonderful occurrence was that she started sending me song ideas, rough song ideas,” Buckingham said. “One thing led to another, and we realized we had an album on our hands. It was something no one saw coming and I guess we sort of sat around wondering what took us so long to figure that one out,” he said.

The Wallflowers, led by frontman Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan’s son, opened the show.

Lindsey Buckingham, left, and Christine McVie.
Lindsey Buckingham, left, and Christine McVie. John Russo
Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good to see some more videos. Thanks for all the reviews.

It's a shame Chris doesn't play much anymore.

They do look like they're interacting more in SATC, that's good to see. Chris looks like she is enjoying herself. She sounds great on GOP.

So many vocal backing tracks.

Last edited by ViscountViktor; 06-26-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While Chris will always be my favorite, THIS is why I love him, too. He can't stand OGB, and it's obvious!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
While Chris will always be my favorite, THIS is why I love him, too. He can't stand OGB, and it's obvious!
I don't know if he can't stand her. I think there are A LOT of unresolved issues between them and this is an example of it. He couldn't help doing it.
They're like children. It's amusing and pathetic at the same time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't know if he can't stand her. I think there are A LOT of unresolved issues between them and this is an example of it. He couldn't help doing it.
They're like children. It's amusing and pathetic at the same time.
It makes me want to hug him!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It makes me want to hug him!
It makes me want to hug and kiss him and smack her in the head.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It makes me want to hug and kiss him and smack her in the head.
I've always said he's a spoiled brat, and I still stand by those words. However, we have a common ground, on which to unite.

And you might have to push me out of the way first, on both counts.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The Fleetwood Mac songs the duo played were greeted with such enthusiasm from the crowd that it might have been a good move to play more of those. But the desire for their new work to stand on its own is certainly understandable, and largely, it did, although they are not the classics.
They may want to add "Hold Me" and "Wish You Were Here" on the next FM tour.

Quote:
Buckingham, who did the majority of the talking during the evening, said when he and McVie came back together after her break from Fleetwood Mac, their songwriting chemistry was better than ever before.

“One of the other things that was a surprise and that was just a wonderful occurrence was that she started sending me song ideas, rough song ideas,” Buckingham said. “One thing led to another, and we realized we had an album on our hands. It was something no one saw coming and I guess we sort of sat around wondering what took us so long to figure that one out,” he said.

Even though I'd love for this statement to be true, because it would mean that in fact something circular happened , I very much doubt it was the case. They tried with a FM album first.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:04 PM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
photo???
Old 06-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
photo???
It was a pencil thin mustache.

Stevie's Mustache...
Parts of that story aren't exactly true.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the Atlanta show, I saw someone dressed up as Stevie. You know- black dress, top hat etc. She was somewhere in the pit, too. I wonder if Lindsey or Christine saw her. I thought it was pretty tacky.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
At the Atlanta show, I saw someone dressed up as Stevie. You know- black dress, top hat etc. She was somewhere in the pit, too. I wonder if Lindsey or Christine saw her. I thought it was pretty tacky.
You're joking, right?

How can someone in their right minds go to a BuckVie concert dressed as Stevie? Seriously, some fans....
Old 06-26-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You're joking, right?

How can someone in their right minds go to a BuckVie concert dressed as Stevie? Seriously, some fans....
They've never been the brightest bunch.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They've never been the brightest bunch.
I think fans are a reflection of the artist. jmo.