User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not sure what you mean, but I didn't like her Dance tune either.
Ik mean that she hasn't written anything exciting since that time. I don't like TITN. Because of aweful songs of all three. Stevie's are the worst, Lindsey has big love and the titletrack and the rest is rubbish, Christine had a decent mediocre song called Isn't it midnight, and some good ironinghousemotherpop. No depth, no substance, just diddies.

And then ofcourse she wrote the sole song that almost made me burn my fleetwood mac collection, called little lies.

Last edited by shackin'up; 01-24-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Why do people waste time complaining about negativity? It's a discussion board, is it not?
Thank you!! I would hate this board if we all agreed. How boring.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think that if Christine is bringing the "FM", then Lindsey will feel freed up to push boundaries. When it was just Stevie this last time, he tried to be more conventional with his songs (and I like Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy and think they are more interesting than, say, Did You Miss Me) for two reasons:

1. Stevie doesn't like the weird stuff and he was trying to cajole her into an album, so he was on his good behavior.

2. FM needed to maintain their "pop" cred.

Now, Christine is back. She can do the mainstream and he can play around. In fact, he doesn't have to do anything mass appealing with his own music, as long as Stevie and Christine's songs fill that bill.

Michele
i agree with all that, and especially with your SA/MF vs DYMM comparison. great point!! i just can't see how people who are asking for pushing boundaries can ever see DYMM as better than those 2 EP songs (needless to say, i can't stand DYMM. not as bad as Trouble, but why Lindsey, why?).

i am also very much with you on both your points 1 & 2, and why he was going for FM-y songs, as he was describing them.

but i don't see why would he now waste his time to replace those with new, edgier stuff, that average FM fan would just spit on anyway?? just look at various SYW threads and average opinions about his edgy stuff on SYW. he tried it with Mac once (Tusk), twice (SYW), and he seems to be tired of it. he can do edgy stuff solo, those same fans loving it and asking for it with the Mac will buy his solo albums anyway.

plus, i want to hear whatever they recorded last year. i want to have it. i don't want it being thrown in the trash and replaced. i want to hear everything and anything he has recorded, and have the opportunity to decide on my own whether i like it or not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find them so boring. But then they're better than the EP.
you find BTLH boring????? blasphemy!! it's gorgeous and ethereal, with some beautiful guitar work.

how come we get along so well, again?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you find BTLH boring????? blasphemy!! it's gorgeous and ethereal, with some beautiful guitar work.

how come we get along so well, again?
And you don't care for, "Trouble"!! so meh!! lol
We get on because we can disagree about music. FMac music. Which is fun to discuss.
Other people take it so personal, but we don't.

Plus you reminded me never to listen to anything Stevie quotes about Lindsey.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-24-2014 at 08:36 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think this is great news! And fascinating too.....

When LB and SN joined FM, it only took them - what was it... 3 or 4 months to do the 1975 album? They had songs ready to go and they were all excited to work together....

Now.... We've have essentially had the Buckingham Nicks band for awhile... And LB and SN are all on a lovefest and working well together....
and Christine is the one walking in this time with songs - sort of a little role reversal.... And They are all excited to work together again....

I'm hoping that we get a fantastic album and that FM can come full circle with this line-up....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Quite a bit of negativity in this thread in general. Why keep predicting that new music is going to be awful?

I too am very happy that they are working on any music, as someone else said - its a gift!
I was wondering about this, too! Not only in this thread but in the one wondering whether or not we want a new Mac album. The fact that such a question could be asked and not be rhetorical is bizarre to me.

I am elated that all five are back together and optimistic about the prospect of new music and I have faith the new music will be great.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you!! I would hate this board if we all agreed. How boring.
There is interesting and there is bizarre. I am just stunned there are some "fans" out there who think a new album is a bad idea.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1118533]you find BTLH boring????? blasphemy!! it's gorgeous and ethereal, with some beautiful guitar work.

Thank you elle, you took the words right out of my heart. I love Bleed to Love Her.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=James Kirk;1118551]
Quote:

Thank you elle, you took the words right out of my heart. I love Bleed to Love Her.
Lindsey is a gifted producer and harmony/backup singer.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find that an interesting comment too because BTLH was one of the most "classic" sounding Fleetwood Mac songs on Say You Will, with even Christine McVie singing on it! My only criticism of the studio version is that it runs too long at the end. I would have preferred the cold stop ending like on The Dance.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I find that an interesting comment too because BTLH was one of the most "classic" sounding Fleetwood Mac songs on Say You Will, with even Christine McVie singing on it! My only criticism of the studio version is that it runs too long at the end. I would have preferred the cold stop ending like on The Dance.
it's definitely not as out there as Come or Red Rover or Murrow. but it is also a "classic" LB, especially what he's been doing in his more recent work. maybe one can fit it into what people here seem to describe as his classic sound but with an interesting/edgy twist in it.

i have no idea anymore how either the studio version (i guess it's the same as on the original GOS?) or the dance version sounds since i heard so many live versions since. it's a gorgeous song in every re-incarnation.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Such a wide range of opinions so far in this thread....

I'm super excited and thrilled about Christine's return and the Mac possibly recording in March. I want a balanced album, 3-4 songs each, a Lindsey-Christine duet/collab, and another collab perhaps a Christine/Stevie one.

Something like this....

1. Lindsey
2. Christine
3. Stevie
4. Christine
5. Lindsey/Christine
6. Stevie
7. Lindsey
8. Christine
9. Lindsey
10. Stevie
11. Christine
12. Stevie/Christine
13. Lindsey
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Ledgie

Default If history is any indication

I love that everyone is jumping all over something Mick said in passing to a so-called journalist from the world-renowned Maui News, of all things. (Jon Woodhouse, please pardon my slight sarcasm.) Over the last 35 years, I've read and heard so many speculative things about this band that never did come true, regarding recording, tours and collaborations with other artists. However, with Christine's return, I'm hopeful and optimistic. I'm hopeful that the five of them will somehow get together in a meaningful way in the studio, and I'm optimistic that they will produce some good material. Maybe the fact that they are older and have been through so much will give them some perspective that this may be their last chance to achieve something as a band in the "classic" lineup. Maybe John's illness has awakened something in them. On the other hand, I'm not going to hold my breath, I'll be checking this forum on occasion, I'll hold a little smile in the back of my mind, thinking that the five of them will be the best people they can be and do the best that they can.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Ledgie

My sequence:

1. Lindsey/Christine/Stevie (sparkling pop gem)
2. Stevie (mid-tempo rocker)
3. Lindsey (acoustic)
4. Christine (ballad w/L&S background vocals)
5. Lindsey (uptempo rocker, full-on harmonies)
6. Stevie/Lindsey (ballad with full harmonies)
7. Christine/Lindsey/Stevie (harmonies a la "Honey Hi")
8. Lindsey/Christine (uptempo)
9. Stevie (uptempo)
10. Christine (ballad or mid-tempo)
11. Lindsey (something rocking)
12. Stevie (something spooky)

Last edited by blemelin; 01-24-2014 at 11:21 PM..