The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So, In Regard To This New EP......

.....is it just a digital release, like Lindsey's live album, or will there be a "hard" copy as well?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's just digital, at least that's what they have alluded to.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
.....is it just a digital release, like Lindsey's live album, or will there be a "hard" copy as well?
I hope there is a "hard copy" available. I'm way behind on the technology stuff. Don't own any of the new gadgets. Just want to put some new Mac in my CD player, too much to ask for I guess.
Lately there has been a few artist putting out stuff on Itunes that I'd really like. Fortunetly the stuff usually finds it's way onto youtube so I can have a listen.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read that it was going to be 3 songs so Miss Fantasy, Sad Angel and Without You. I think it was on Ultimate Classic Rock. They also said that Mick separated from Lynn. He wants joint custody.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey said on Monday night the EP would be available "online" so that probably means digitally.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're making a BIG mistake if they just do digital...I don't download, so I will be passing. I think there are a lot of others who may feel the same way.
If they were wise, they would press up a few hundred copies and sell them on their website. If they want a TRUE representation of whether or not the fans really want new music or not, they need to cover all their bases!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SN called it "our mini baby record" in Columbus. i don't think it will be a "record" but i suspect that would mean not just digital. who knows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I think they're making a BIG mistake if they just do digital...I don't download, so I will be passing. I think there are a lot of others who may feel the same way.
If they were wise, they would press up a few hundred copies and sell them on their website. If they want a TRUE representation of whether or not the fans really want new music or not, they need to cover all their bases!
well, maybe kids who are not "true fans" but are going to these mac shows alongside their parents will download ... my teenager loved Sad Angel and said we should dl it when it becomes available. he never even considered any other type of release.

i'm really puzzled by all this aversion to downloading tbh. were you all against CDs when they first came out too?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, maybe kids who are not "true fans" but are going to these mac shows alongside their parents will download ... my teenager loved Sad Angel and said we should dl it when it becomes available. he never even considered any other type of release.

i'm really puzzled by all this aversion to downloading tbh. were you all against CDs when they first came out too?
No. But downloading compressed files is simply loss of quality. And that stinks. 320 kb mp3 is nowhere near cd quality.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

For me, it's not an aversion to the technology but I want to have highest quality available. If there were giving me the option to download 24bit/192kHz (higher than CD quality) versions then I would. Since they're giving me the option of downloading an mp3 I'm not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No. But downloading compressed files is simply loss of quality. And that stinks. 320 kb mp3 is nowhere near cd quality.

I'm hoping for a CD release of the EP. If nothing else it'll look nice tucked in beside all my other Mac CDs
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, I just don't bother with i-pods or putting music on my computer....I like the sound of a record or CD playing on the stereo, be it at home or in the car. I also love the whole presentation of artwork, lyrics, liner notes, etc.

Let the younger crowd download, but don't forget the older fans who have stuck with the band close to 40 years. Chances are (most of) the kids will move on to someone/something else...we oldsters will continue to stick around!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hard copy please .No cheap file from ICRAP.I wont buy it.Sorry guys .I'll love to support FM but not with crappy Icrap files or any other crappy digital files.I just wait to it shows up on Youtube .Sorry Stevie.

I will buy it if its a .WAV of Flac but not crappy mp3's.

It probably cost them almost nothing to print it in China so it would no loss if it does not sell good.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-10-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hard copy please .No cheap file from ICRAP.I wont buy it.Sorry guys .I'll love to support FM but not with crappy Icrap files or any other crappy digital files.I just wait to it shows up on Youtube .Sorry Stevie.
iTunes does not sell MP3s. They sell AAC files, which are a proprietary Apple file type. You know those YouTube uploads are usually far worse quality than what you'd get from iTunes. Just saying.

Either way, I'd prefer a physical release as well, but only because I'd want it in my collection. I buy music in many formats, but for some artists I prefer hard copies.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
iTunes does not sell MP3s. They sell AAC files, which are a proprietary Apple file type.
Same sh1t, different name.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Same sh1t, different name.
really? i thought apple ones are actually more compressed / worse sounding... considering we are dissecting in details here

i can never claim that i can hear subtle differences that someone like Peestie could, for example. i can hear differences between different formats sometimes, but not always... maybe b/c the best sound system i have for listening this stuff is in my car

i don't have a record player (or it's somewhere in the shed), and i have crappy CD player. CDs sound much better in my car. if i want CDs for my car (as opposed to listening through my phone over car speakers), i make them. over computer speakers of course everything will sound horrible, even i can hear that.