The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Who are these morons that keep telling her the public doesn't want a full album?!? Of course we do!!! Give us a great album and IT WILL SELL!!!! Just ask the Eagles.....their last one sold, what, 4-5 million???
Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Yes, Why not? Mick and John are there, and if she doesn't want to be part of it, technically they can put it out as FM. Or do LB and SN legally own the name together with Mick and John?
Yes, I'm sure they could do it. After all, she is still there on 3 songs, so technically: FM.

I'm thinking that even though John and Mick own the name, for legal purposes that "Fleetwood Mac" is defined as a certain group of people for a duration of time that expires.

Michele
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Who are these morons that keep telling her the public doesn't want a full album?!? Of course we do!!! Give us a great album and IT WILL SELL!!!! Just ask the Eagles.....their last one sold, what, 4-5 million???
It's her that is doing that. SYW only went gold. To Stevie, that is a failure. Didn't the Eagles give away their album with concert tickets?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Exactly. If SYW had sold millions I'm sure she'd find it in her heart to love it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I'm sure they could do it. After all, she is still there on 3 songs, so technically: FM.

I'm thinking that even though John and Mick own the name, for legal purposes that "Fleetwood Mac" is defined as a certain group of people for a duration of time that expires.

Michele
I don't know about this. Various bands have different arrangements for that kind of thing – for example, Pink Floyd created different companies to deal with different eras / group lineups.

I think the name ownership is in Mick and John's possession but there will be an agreement between parties (including Peter Green, Christine, Bob Welch's estate etc) as to how revenue is divided up according to artist involvement.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It's her that is doing that. SYW only went gold. To Stevie, that is a failure. Didn't the Eagles give away their album with concert tickets?
Whatever. They recorded an album together. It's basicly outrageous that someone who rarely recorded with this band can do this. Mick John and Lindsey had recorded all basic tracks for SYW without her, She wasn't there during TITN, and she wasn't there for the recording of 8 new potential FM tracks in 2012. She invested 4 days. Basicly talking, not recording, as she tells us. I understand that LB is a Total ass in the studio, but if she wants to have some influence on the output, she has to be there.

When you have an album, you can Give it away with tickets. If you don't have an album, you cannot.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^Exactly. If SYW had sold millions I'm sure she'd find it in her heart to love it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever. They recorded an album together. It's basicly outrageous that someone who rarely recorded with this band can do this. Mick John and Lindsey had recorded all basic tracks for SYW without her, She wasn't there during TITN, and she wasn't there for the recording of 8 new potential FM tracks in 2012. She invested 4 days. Basicly talking, not recording, as she tells us. I understand that LB is a Total ass in the studio, but if she wants to have some influence on the output, she has to be there.
when you put it that way, hm... she didn't seem to really put much effort in FM albums since the 80s.
Quote:
When you have an album, you can Give it away with tickets. If you don't have an album, you cannot.
get that album out guys, asap!

or at least get out those 3 new tracks... Lindsey said in this same interview they'll put them out online before the tour starts. there's not much time anymore so they better get on it. do you think they are considering offering some of it as a free download or just amazon/itunes route?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie's calling the shots. You're not getting an album because she doesn't feel it will sale. It's all her. She is calling the shots. She has songs for her next solo project as I understand it. She recorded more songs with Dave. She wants to get back to that.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I don't know about this. Various bands have different arrangements for that kind of thing – for example, Pink Floyd created different companies to deal with different eras / group lineups.
Fleetwood Mac does have a different corporation to include each era of the band, but that's not what I'm talking about. When they signed contracts to tour as Fleetwood Mac, the term and components of "Fleetwood Mac" were defined. Mick and John may own the name, but they aren't free to tour as FM with just any set of people they want. Not until whatever contracts are currently in effect expire. For at least the duration of this tour, FM has to be made up of a specific set of people.

The way Mick was talking, I think he left himself an out and that for contingency purposes, Christine is part of that definition, just in case they want to work her in. But Mick can't go out on stage with Martina McBride and John and call it "Fleetwood Mac." Maybe next year he can, but not now. The people they've contracted with for this tour have protected themselves and their investment.

Michele
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie's calling the shots. You're not getting an album because she doesn't feel it will sale. It's all her. She is calling the shots. She has songs for her next solo project as I understand it. She recorded more songs with Dave. She wants to get back to that.
i think you both are saying the same thing. she's calling the shots and she is behaving like she doesn't want new FM album.

new album won't sell millions anyway, with or without her, so the others should just give it up and put an album out without her, possibly with Christine if she would like to participate.

unless they have some legal clause that if Stevie (or any one of them) says they can't put an album under FM name out without their ok.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood Mac does have a different corporation to include each era of the band, but that's not what I'm talking about. When they signed contracts to tour as Fleetwood Mac, the term and components of "Fleetwood Mac" were defined. Mick and John may own the name, but they aren't free to tour as FM with just any set of people they want. Not until whatever contracts are currently in effect expire. For at least the duration of this tour, FM has to be made up of a specific set of people.

The way Mick was talking, I think he left himself an out and that for contingency purposes, Christine is part of that definition, just in case they want to work her in. But Mick can't go out on stage with Martina McBride and John and call it "Fleetwood Mac." Maybe next year he can, but not now. The people they've contracted with for this tour have protected themselves and their investment.

Michele
Do you have access to their legal files?! Where did you discover that?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think you both are saying the same thing. she's calling the shots and she is behaving like she doesn't want new FM album.

new album won't sell millions anyway, with or without her, so the others should just give it up and put an album out without her, possibly with Christine if she would like to participate.

unless they have some legal clause that if Stevie (or any one of them) says they can't put an album under FM name out without their ok.
If Christine were on board, Stevie would do a new Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Do you have access to their legal files?! Where did you discover that?
I've seen promoter, engagement and tour contracts. The billing and band members are clearly defined as are the basis for termination or modification of those definitions. You first establish you have legal title to the name and then you can contract it out for a specified period of time.

I don't need access to their legal files to know that each era of the band has its own corporate entity. Corporate records are recorded with the Secretary of State.

Michele
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Christine were on board, Stevie would do a new Fleetwood Mac album.
This is a guarantee in fact.Even with Lindsey producing.