User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I think she knows focused fans will LOVE the new songs no matter what. But when she blames fans in general, I think she does blame the focused ones. I think she's under the impression that we steal. When it comes to her internet complaints, I think she does mean us. When people around her took her music and we all got copies of it, it was only the focused fans who got the fruits of that theft. Stevie knows that. She knew we already knew Secret Love. I don't think she thinks the Dreams lovers on the streets knew Secret Love years before it was released. So, when she said that fans stole her music, I think she did mean us, focused fans, not casual fans.

And I think she may feel that focused fans get this stuff and disseminate it to the casual world, which is why the music business is going bankrupt, in her mind.

Michele
You may be right, in a sense. But Stevie talked about that at Sunset Sessions in 2011 after a fan asked her how she felt about demos being out there to "steal". ( I know- ballsy, huh?! lol) Stevie answered that part of it was her OWN fault for allowing people to take tapes if they asked. She said she didn't really think much about it at the time. In fact, she mentioned her Mom finding old demo tapes of hers at a garage sale!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Now Stevie is full of sh*t when she says she didn't have any material recorded? Um Stevie...'You Can't Fix This?' She contradicted EVERYTHING she said in the FM tour press by going out and recording a new song (that effing rocks) with the Foo Fighters. If I were Lindsey, I'd be like wtfff!
Stevie never said she didn't have material, though. That was Lindsey who said that Stevie didn't bring anything new to the FM table (which was true - she showed up wtih Without You, and that was it). But it wasn't because she didn't have anything to bring (although he seemed to imply that that might be the case).

We've known Stevie had at least some new material for a while - during screenings of the IYD doc she was talking about writing songs after her mother's death and giving them over to Dave Stewart. In my mind, it was never a question of whether Stevie had anything to contribute (even if she didn't have anything NEW, she certainly has tons of older songs that were never recorded)... the issue was whether she WANTED to contribute anything. And it seems that she really didn't.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Pre and post FM

Seems to me that since Lindsey has known Stevie since before she was STEVIE NICKS!, that working with him is difficult because he sees her the way he saw her singing California Dreams at that party. She is not STEVIE NICKS! to him, but to others like Dave Stewart, Dave Grohl (what's with the name Dave? LOL) and all the others who've worked with her lately, they see her as STEVIE NICKS! The newbies see her in a totally different light and treat her as such. I know I am stating the obvious, but thought I'd put in my 2 cents anyway. LOL

I agree with Michele, that she should just come out and say that she's not interested in recording more with FM at the moment....she'd like to get the tour up and running. Stevie is flakey (think we all know that) and flip flops a lot. She should run for President.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hell, just let the three guys release the music they've made under a different name if Stevie doesn't want to do at least a 5 song cd/download. I'll buy the album with or without Stevie. Sorry Stevie fans, but why let some possibly very good music go to waste?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Seems to me that since Lindsey has known Stevie since before she was STEVIE NICKS!, that working with him is difficult because he sees her the way he saw her singing California Dreams at that party. She is not STEVIE NICKS! to him, but to others like Dave Stewart, Dave Grohl (what's with the name Dave? LOL) and all the others who've worked with her lately, they see her as STEVIE NICKS! The newbies see her in a totally different light and treat her as such. I know I am stating the obvious, but thought I'd put in my 2 cents anyway. LOL

I agree with Michele, that she should just come out and say that she's not interested in recording more with FM at the moment....she'd like to get the tour up and running. Stevie is flakey (think we all know that) and flip flops a lot. She should run for President.

on behalf of Daves Grohl (43) and Stewart (61), I'd like to thank you for calling them newbies.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
on behalf of Daves Grohl (43) and Stewart (61), I'd like to thank you for calling them newbies.
Well, I meant new to working with STEVIE NICKS! Hee!!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always stay through out the whole show .I just hold the wee.LOL to after.
I see some people do their business during World Turning since its a long tune and people don't want to see Mick in the spot lite.

Thats very rude on that.

True FM fans like us will sit there probably pissing in our pants while enjoying or favorite band.LOL...............

Also It annoys me when the crowd starts to file out before the encores.They want to be first to leave the parking lot.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Also It annoys me when the crowd starts to file out before the encores.They want to be first to leave the parking lot.
Yeah, but they're not the die-hards. I've been just as guilty with bands I like, but not necessarily love.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
What KILLED me about the whole album thing was how stealthily and carefully Lindsey, John, and Mick went about setting up the whole thing.
Of course, an ambush probably didn't help their cause. I mean it kind of puts you more on the defensive.

But she's on 3 songs and they should try to do what they can with those and not wait for something that's never going to happen. Unless Taylor Swift comes and sings on one of the songs, no one is ever going to LOVE them. So, Stevie has set up a goal that will never happen and if the others want an album, they need to find another way to make it work.

Michele
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, an ambush probably didn't help their cause. I mean it kind of puts you more on the defensive.

But she's on 3 songs and they should try to do what they can with those and not wait for something that's never going to happen. Unless Taylor Swift comes and sings on one of the songs, no one is ever going to LOVE them. So, Stevie has set up a goal that will never happen and if the others want an album, they need to find another way to make it work.

Michele
In one of the early interviews it was Lindsey who said himself that the recording of his tracks with Froome and later with Mick and John, was a strategic risk he took. He said something like it maybe was too much of an overwhelming strategy for her. I bet that's the reason why he's mild towards her opinions about new recording. They wanted her in, one way or the other, and I bet that Lindsey totally focussed on recording a typical FM brand set of songs. He's ready to do one more big commercial popalbum, without all the artistic needs and leftfield freakiness he always aims for, in the hope that she would bite. She's nibbling on the bait by singing on Two songs, and agreeing on WY being a FM song in stead of BN.

I respect that, but secretly, I hope she bails out, and Lindsey Finishes the album with great commercial succes.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

I respect that, but secretly, I hope she bails out, and Lindsey Finishes the album with great commercial succes.
Finishes it as an FM album?

Michele
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Finishes it as an FM album?

Michele
Yes, Why not? Mick and John are there, and if she doesn't want to be part of it, technically they can put it out as FM. Or do LB and SN legally own the name together with Mick and John?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I saw her Q&A after the IYD doc screening out here she pretty much said she would not do another Fleetwood Mac album ..I know she is changeable but this time I really believe her .This would only change if Christine was in for another album IMHO.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, she's changeable. Because how is she never ever ever never leaving her band but refuse to do another album if that's what the others want? Majority rules.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the truth is she doesn't want to work with him even with an outside producer, then she should just say so.

If you come over to my house and I offer you apple pie, if you say, "No, I don't like apple pie," then I will not pester you about pie again.

However, if you say, "Oh, no it looks delicious, but I just ate," then I'm going to wait for an hour until your appetite dissipates and then I'm going to ask you again if you want apphttp://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1078302le pie. When you give me excuses, I'm going to try to resolve your objectons and it's not because I don't respect your wishes, it's because you made me think that under certain circumstances, you WILL want pie. When you just tell me you're not interested in my pie, I guess I'll finally leave you alone.
Absolutely, in fact I don't even really get staying with the band just for the touring, seems kinda crazy to me.

If I can do a bit of armchair analyzing, she always seemed like a conflicted personality, part of her is very "nice" and accommodating and part of her is very independent and confrontational. It doesn't do any good to be accommodating if she's only going to get resentful about it later. I think she doesn't want to be the one who "ruins" Fleetwood Mac and I think the idea of leaving the band, at least once upon a time, kind of tore her up. But it ends up leaving everyone in limbo since everyone's fates are tied up in each other's. Lindsey backed out of the band when he had to, Christine did too, so if Stevie feels she has to then she should just bite the bullet and do it.

Since she won't, either it's some sort of "I don't want to say no so don't ask the question" thing or she's really holding on to see if Christine will be around.

Backing up on what I said about Lindsey - she does seem like she actually likes to work with him, when it's just the two of them, on a song here or there. So is her problem working with the three other guys all together? Is that why it matters to her so much that Christine be there, so she isn't outnumbered? Or is it that she doesn't want to give her new songs to the band? After all she wasn't happy with the way her songs turned out on SYW IIRC.