The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick already tried replacing Stevie in the early 90s. How'd that one work for him? If he really wanted Fleetwood Mac to go on without her he would have replaced Stevie after the Dance instead of waiting 5 years for SYW. Let's face it, there is no Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh, they ofcourse will tour again. Fleetwood Mac....is not Fleetwood Mac.....unless there is some kind of fight. That tension and those egos, personalities.........are all of the reasons we love to see them on stage. If they were all just in love and peace with each other........we wouldn't be so interested. That is part of what makes them one of the VERY BEST live bands...still around. And, If I have to wait until 2013.......than I am cool with that.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No one was saying anything bad about Lindsey in this thread. Now if you someone came in defending Mick, maybe I could understand. But what's more ridiculous than excessive bashing is excessive defensiveness, especially when it is unfounded.

I love EVERYONE. I just wish they would all stop talking bad about each other in the press, and get these things worked out behind closed doors.

If asked about plans for FM to tour, all Mick had to say was, "Nothing is concrete yet. I hope we do, but we have to get everyone's schedules on the same page first."

Which basically sums up to the same conclusion as we got from what he actually said, but with a lot less fighting words!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I love Lindsey, and haven't bashed him so I'm not sure why you used my quote to make your point.
you are right... should have bolded a part about no new FM music b/c reading that type of statement in several posts is what finally got me to respond, even though i tried hard not to... and tbh i don't really know why i even clicked on the thread - obviously it was a big mistake.

really shouldn't have used your post, it's just the first one i grabbed and then the response to a bunch of them just poured out b/c reading some of those things just makes me wonder...
Old 03-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love popping up on here and reading inevitable conclusions how it always must be lindsey's fault in the end, even if what he says and does is completely opposite to the conclusions drawn.

i don'd begrudge you all looking at the world through a"chiffon filter" - whatever makes a person happy is all good with me . what i dislike to read is limitless lindsey bashing.

so, whose fault is it that there's no new FM music?!?!?! certainly not mick's. there are 2 songwriters currently in FM and one of them has been saying since unleashed that he wants to record new FM album.

and how is stevie creating NEW music? did you all read who wrote (almost exclusively!) new music on IYD? Dave Stewart (most of it), plus Mike Campbell, Neale Haywood... all music stevie wrote on that album is from like 20-30 years ago... other then SA:

No. Title Lyrics Music Length
1. "Secret Love" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 3:15
2. "For What It's Worth" Stevie Nicks Michael Campbell 4:32
3. "In Your Dreams" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:58
4. "Wide Sargasso Sea" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:36
5. "New Orleans" Stevie Nicks Neale Heywood 5:34
6. "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:26
7. "Annabel Lee" adapted from Edgar Allan Poe Stevie Nicks, Waddy Wachtel 5:58
8. "Soldier's Angel" (with Lindsey Buckingham) Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:16
9. "Everybody Loves You" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks, Dave Stewart Dave Stewart 5:16
10. "Ghosts Are Gone" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 6:06
11. "You May Be The One" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:26
12. "Italian Summer" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 4:38
13. "Cheaper Than Free" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:38

she wrote more new music for SYW than for IYD (didn't she work "like a maniac" on her 6 new songs? or 4, i don't remember).
Ummm she wrote EVERY song on the album which is actually the first time in her whole career shes done that. If your going to be critical, choose something real to be critical about. And I dont want to here one word about them being cowrites.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so, whose fault is it that there's no new FM music?!?!?! certainly not mick's. there are 2 songwriters currently in FM and one of them has been saying since unleashed that he wants to record new FM album.

and how is stevie creating NEW music? did you all read who wrote (almost exclusively!) new music on IYD? Dave Stewart (most of it), plus Mike Campbell, Neale Haywood... all music stevie wrote on that album is from like 20-30 years ago... other then SA:
Oh dear... so many whoppers in this one... where to begin...

You say that Lindsey wants to record a new FM album, but where is the proof? What's stopping he, Mick and John from going into the studio and laying down basic tracks while Stevie is on the road- exactly like they did for SYW? I don't get the sense that Lindsey is too keen on dealing with the other three at the moment. I mean, for chrissakes, he'd rather play ale houses and pubs solo rather than large arenas with the band!

And you are totally mistaken when it comes to Stevie's songs on IYD. Yes, they were mostly co-written. But at the end of the day, she wrote or co-wrote every song on that album. No Rolling Stones covers in the bunch! Also, these were mostly new songs written specifically for IYD. I'd say 9-10 out of 14 songs were new. That's unprecedented for a Stevie album. This album is so new, it should have been sold with training wheels!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

You say that Lindsey wants to record a new FM album, but where is the proof? What's stopping he, Mick and John from going into the studio and laying down basic tracks while Stevie is on the road- exactly like they did for SYW? I don't get the sense that Lindsey is too keen on dealing with the other three at the moment. I mean, for chrissakes, he'd rather play ale houses and pubs solo rather than large arenas with the band!

And you are totally mistaken when it comes to Stevie's songs on IYD. Yes, they were mostly co-written. But at the end of the day, she wrote or co-wrote every song on that album. No Rolling Stones covers in the bunch! Also, these were mostly new songs written specifically for IYD. I'd say 9-10 out of 14 songs were new. That's unprecedented for a Stevie album. This album is so new, it should have been sold with training wheels!
oooh burn

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You say that Lindsey wants to record a new FM album, but where is the proof?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Ummm she wrote EVERY song on the album which is actually the first time in her whole career shes done that. If your going to be critical, choose something real to be critical about. And I dont want to here one word about them being cowrites.
Why not? It's true.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
love popping up on here and reading inevitable conclusions how it always must be lindsey's fault in the end, even if what he says and does is completely opposite to the conclusions drawn.

i don'd begrudge you all looking at the world through a"chiffon filter" - whatever makes a person happy is all good with me . what i dislike to read is limitless lindsey bashing.

No. Title Lyrics Music Length
1. "Secret Love" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 3:15
2. "For What It's Worth" Stevie Nicks Michael Campbell 4:32
3. "In Your Dreams" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:58
4. "Wide Sargasso Sea" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:36
5. "New Orleans" Stevie Nicks Neale Heywood 5:34
6. "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:26
7. "Annabel Lee" adapted from Edgar Allan Poe Stevie Nicks, Waddy Wachtel 5:58
8. "Soldier's Angel" (with Lindsey Buckingham) Stevie Nicks Stevie Nicks 5:16
9. "Everybody Loves You" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks, Dave Stewart Dave Stewart 5:16
10. "Ghosts Are Gone" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 6:06
11. "You May Be The One" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 5:26
12. "Italian Summer" Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 4:38
13. "Cheaper Than Free" (with Dave Stewart) Stevie Nicks Dave Stewart 3:38

she wrote more new music for SYW than for IYD (didn't she work "like a maniac" on her 6 new songs? or 4, i don't remember).
She wrote all of the lyrics Dave, Mike, Lindsey, ext. Wrote the music like it has always been. A lot of Lindsey's material is older too retooled and reworked when they have found their own time. No one us bashing Lindsey, I love him, he was awesome last year when I got the chance to see him live. I want them all to be happy, but if she feels like she's being pushed into dropping something she.obviously truly happy doing then none of us will like the outcome. They will tour in 2013....
Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

You say that Lindsey wants to record a new FM album, but where is the proof? What's stopping he, Mick and John from going into the studio and laying down basic tracks while Stevie is on the road- exactly like they did for SYW?
Why should they? So they can do all the actual work and she gets the glory?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
She spoke for years after SYW about how horrible it was to still be fighting with him in her 50s, and how nasty the recording sessions & tour for SYW was. If there's a reason why Stevie is avoiding spending much time with Fleetwood Mac this past decade, it's Lindsey. The unfortunate thing is that the rest of the band is suffering financially because Stevie & Lindsey can't figure out how to coexist... you think they'd be able to get it together now that they're both nearly able to draw social security.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey one question here. Why does Stevie only co-write her solo stuff? All her FM contributions she's given sole credit.

Last edited by MrStevie; 03-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She spoke for years after SYW about how horrible it was to still be fighting with him in her 50s, and how nasty the recording sessions & tour for SYW was. If there's a reason why Stevie is avoiding spending much time with Fleetwood Mac this past decade, it's Lindsey. The unfortunate thing is that the rest of the band is suffering financially because Stevie & Lindsey can't figure out how to coexist... you think they'd be able to get it together now that they're both nearly able to draw social security.
Don't you find it humorous they can get along on outside projects since the 70s (Walter Egan, John Stewart, etc) up to and including last year's In Your Dreams (Soldier's Angel), but for some untold reason they just can't get along in Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by MrStevie; 03-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My 2 cents? Mick sets himself up for this. He starts passing comments about how FM will tour later in the year, next year etc., without any solid commitment from Stevie and possibly LIndsey. Some news outlet picks it up and then if you do a google search you can find 25 places where they quote Mick as FM to tour again soon to create some false sense of buzz.

So then nothing happens and he blames Stevie and if necessary Lindsey for their lack of loyalty to him and essentially pits them as them as the bad guys for failing to meet the high demand for another GH FM tour...like we are lining up for that. Whatever Mick.

Last time I checked the SYW tour ended about a year and a half after being released. So who is he to judge anything the Queen of Rock does, especially touring behind an album that got short changed because of being sick and wait, her own mother being super sick and passing away.

Jealous Much Mick?