User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Mick should just open another restaurant or sell more "whine" if he's that hard up for $$ again.
He's been trying to open one for a while. One reason he needs more cash. Don't see how his "whine" can get him very far at this point. Not by spilling it on the player who holds all the cards.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Such a tender way Mick has in reaching out to Stevie 3 months after her mother has passed: "Stevie, I need money. Fall in line here." What a loser. He should support her in whatever endeavor she wants to pursue. Mick should try some session work. He knows without Stevie and Lindsey he's SOL.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can understand Mick from his perspective, sort of. My guess is that after he finished touring his Blues album, he's just sitting around,waiting for Fleetwood Mac.
Yet, Stevie and Lindsey are both preoccupied with their own solo ventures. He's essentially saying that Stevie is beating her album into the ground; he may be right about that, but that is her prerogative!

I don't like the idea of the prospect of them touring, yet again, without a new album to promote. It casts the band in a cash-grab, stale mode of existence. Any revelence and artistic integrity that the Fleetwood Mac brand had, is slowly eroding.

Unless they did something radical or unique- like drastically changing the set list, or adding former band members to the mix, they are at risk of being at the level of a Vegas or state faire, has-been band. It would great if they did something like performing Tusk in it's entirety, but without Christine in the mix, that would be unlikely.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-17-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
. It casts the band in a cash-grab, stale mode of existence.
what do you call what Stevie did the 10 years between Trouble in Trouble in Shangri-La & In your Dreams ?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, IIRC, she didn't do all that much touring for the album last year.
And if she wants to do more--that's her perogative. She doesn't owe Mick anythng, at this point. And, if he wants to tour in 2013, he better stop burning bridges.
If you're friends, you're friends. You support each other. And, if you can't--well, this is what I hate about Mick (and, really, most of FM). Burn your bloody bridges in private. At least maintain a tone of civility in public.
Because, when they all get back together and start singing Kumbaya again, everyone looks completely stupid (or whoreish, or both).
Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And if she wants to do more--that's her perogative. She doesn't owe Mick anythng, at this point. And, if he wants to tour in 2013, he better stop burning bridges.
If you're friends, you're friends. You support each other. And, if you can't--well, this is what I hate about Mick (and, really, most of FM). Burn your bloody bridges in private. At least maintain a tone of civility in public.
Because, when they all get back together and start singing Kumbaya again, everyone looks completely stupid (or whoreish, or both).
Well said. Stevie is also guilty of sharing her displeasures with bandmates in public. They've all done their share of back biting. It just doesn't make any sense for Mick to get on Stevie's nerves right now if he wants her cooperation in the future.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.Did Mick really came that unglued because Stevie is still touring.Now I have a feeling if FM does get back together to tour and record.I think they will end the as a group.But I think that wont happen.I agree on what the since Stevie should drop her touring to sign on with FM to go out to do an Unleashed Part Two greatest hits tour.I hope he knows he's barking up the wrong tree be saying that.Stevie is one of the key members in the group.I wonder how Lindsey thinks after reading about this.Anyway
back to the topic.Yes Josh2003 its a great Idea on keeping Stevie solo separate from the Rod/Stevie tour thread.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-15-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW!!!!!!........talk about MAJOR sour grapes!!!!! Stevie put her solo career on hold for almost a DECADE for Fleetwood Mac, and now that she wants to work it for a while (vs. just trotting out ANOTHER gresatest hits FM tour!!!) she's being "inconvenient?!?!?"

I just experienced a MAJOR loss of respect for Mick!!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I agree with many of you....I WILL buy another Fleetwood Mac album...I WOULD NOT go to another show!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
"The drummer reveals he and his bandmates were preparing for a major world trek in 2010 but then Nicks announced she was releasing a solo album and the plans stalled."

The drummer prepared. Exactly what does that involve? Did he write some new songs? Is he planning on singing? Stevie and Lindsey are both working. They both put out new albums.

I agree Regina. Stevie didn't really get to support her new album. The major New York promotion was totally cancelled out. Stevie did her Rod thing, she got sick. She tried to get the new album out and was sick, missed a few key engagements. Apparently her mother was becoming ill. Then she lost her mother. And Mick is trying to publicly command Stevie "to heel," like a dog?

Again, what has the drummer prepared? A list of his bills? His sense of entitlement?
It's shocking. But it's not.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
WOW!!!!!!........talk about MAJOR sour grapes!!!!! Stevie put her solo career on hold for almost a DECADE for Fleetwood Mac, and now that she wants to work it for a while (vs. just trotting out ANOTHER gresatest hits FM tour!!!) she's being "inconvenient?!?!?"

I just experienced a MAJOR loss of respect for Mick!!!!
Yep, my bet is Mick is in need of some cold hard cash. I think Stevie has long ago paid any debt she owes to Fleetwood Mac. She was not the one who left before a booked major tour, she has forgiven Mick time and time again for other things that he has said or done. The article may have embellished a bit, but this is the second shifty thing I've read him say in recent interviews. I surely don't think this is the way to get her back in line. She is living for herself and Imo trying to sure up her solo legacy. If Lindsey is being supportive why wouldn't her "best friend"? Maybe we might get a Buckingham Nicks/ double solo material tour from Lindsey and Stevie. Ahhh! In My Dreams right? (pun intended). Do what you damn well please MAMA its your turn.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was a Fleetwood Mac BEFORE Stevie Nicks, there was a Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT Stevie Nicks. Maybe it's time to permanently kick her to the curb and get people who WANT to be in Fleetwood Mac.

It's not like Fleetwood Mac is keeping her from an income. However, the opposite is possibly true. Mick's not taking Fleetwood Mac on the road because she doesn't want to? Hell with her...make an album & go on the road with just the guys. It'd probably be a whole lot more fun without the PBFH pouting & throwing tantrums.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
And I agree with many of you....I WILL buy another Fleetwood Mac album...I WOULD NOT go to another show!
Ditto! Jebus, FM just did a major tour 3 years ago. Unless FM unveil & release some MAJOR vault goodies that no one has heard or seen, release a new album, or even EP - I am not interested in another "Unleashed" greatest hits outing slapped together and called a reunion Mick must really been in need of a major payday. Stevie has saved his ass & padded his bank account for decades, Now let her do what she wants, because she CAN! And the fact she blew off FM again in 2012 is very telling about how unhappy she's been w/ FM in general. I would rather have a happy Stevie than a robotic Stevie going through the motions of another FM greatest hits tour. They need to be all on the same page, Otherwise, I'd actually prefer Stevie & Lindsey just continue releasing new solo material.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Mick wants to get pisssy about anything, it shouldn't be that she wants to tour to support In Your Dreams, but instead the fact that she's grabbing for cash with another Rod tour, instead of going out with the Mac which would, I'm sure, net the same, if not more, money.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy View Post
I'm very angry with Mick about this because I think it will turn into another "Silver Springs" situation (but definitely not as big).

HOWEVER, if you just read Mick's words and don't read the rest of the article it's really not THAT bad. Playboy (or whoever wrote the article about the Playboy interview?) just place his words in ways that make everything he said a lot more selfish and condescending than what they actually are.

Still shouldn't have been said- but that's my opinion anyway.
I had this thought, too. Spin it another way and what Mick said was he didn't think they would tour but he still hoped they would. He also said Stevie was obsessed with her album in a nice way, but that it was inconvenient.

This, though, becomes an NME headline screaming FLEETWOOD MAC WILL NEVER TOUR AGAIN.

Having said that, I do think Mick was probably being quite candid about his frustration with a lack of firm plans for FM. I think when you start getting well up there age-wise, every year is precious, and you want to know how you'll be spending them.

This is one of those occasions when I wish we had the whole interview and were able to see or hear how things were said. I'm kind of disappointed that he would not be more patient/compassionate towards Stevie in public, given that she only lost her mom not even three months ago. Having said THAT, though, I do kind of facepalm over the whole Rod thing.

As for FM going out on the road without her - sure, why not? As my dad used to say, 'If they were playing in the back yard, I wouldn't lift the blind to see them', but I'm sure someone would.