The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So Mick is complaining that Stevie is touring to support a new album released last year instead of another tour with Fleetwood Mac which has not produced a note of new music in 9 yearsAs usual his motives are mercenary.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

I kinda see his point, she going to do the same exact show. by the time she came to Boston last year she had already condensed it , and she is going to do a hit set with rod , why bother .
Old 03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
So Mick is complaining that Stevie is touring to support a new album released last year instead of another tour with Fleetwood Mac which has not produced a note of new music in 9 yearsAs usual his motives are mercenary.
Perhaps Stevie has finally decided that FM can rot. Without her, they have no leg to stand on, and when she works with them she only gets angry, frustrated and eventually exhausted.

One can only go on supporting an old lover for so long before you just don't care anymore.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no point in FM touring. It's a cash cow for Mick, plain and simple. For Stevie and Lindsey it's an uncreative and emotioanlly draining process that leaves them not wanting to see each other for years. Why bother?

Like I said in the Stevie thread, perhaps she's finally grown tired of supporting an old lover.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a Fleetwood Mac fan, I want another Fleetwood Mac album very soon. Stevie needs to finish her solo plans and rejoin the Mac. Another tour without a new album is kinda pointless.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Agreed. I love you, Mick, but get a grip on reality. No new music since 2003. Diehards like us on here loved and didn't love certain things about the album, but overall is was the anticipation of the first brand new music since The Dance in 1997 that drove that tour. And we were thrilled. We were excited beyond words. Remember hearing the small snips of new tracks on the FM website back in early 2003? The track Say You Will was used as a promo for that 70's Show before we had the actual track, and I remember converting the commercial to mp3 and playing the bones out of it...because it was all so exciting and new. Unleashed in 2009 was all fine and good...we went to the shows and we loved it...but to tour again so soon without any new music is like beating a dead horse. I, for one, see and will see Fleetwood Mac whenever they come to Toronto. I'm happy hearing them play the standards and the stuff that made us love them - but to a degree. FM touring again so soon without a new album is not keeping your visibility fresh...it is making it quite stale, actually. You have to give people something to look forward to and care about. People that don't care about the new music will go to the shows anyway and have a pee or grab a drink while the new stuff plays, and the rest of us will go and sit through and love every minute of the shows. But I know that there are hardcore fans that refuse to see them again without new music. And with Christine gone, all the more reason to record again and keep things fresh. Great bands reinvent themselves. FM has been stellar for that up until recently.

Stevie, go and get your tour on (even if it is with Rusty Rod) and beat the s*** out of that record if you have to - you deserve it. Maybe Stevie, like the fans, wants something new and fresh to look forward to as well, and isn't crazy about touring with the same troop playing the same songs. She finally has something new on the go. Fleetwood Mac just shouldn't tour again until they record some new stuff.

And if they never record again, they'll all still be kicking in 2013 or 2014 - have a reunion tour then. You cant call it a reunion tour if you were all onstage together just three years ago. What's new about that?!?

Apologies for the epic, there.

Last edited by TakenByTheSky23; 03-15-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Perhaps Stevie has finally decided that FM can rot. Without her, they have no leg to stand on, and when she works with them she only gets angry, frustrated and eventually exhausted.

One can only go on supporting an old lover for so long before you just don't care anymore.
Ha! She's done that before... I love it, and well said. Exactly. And perhaps Lindsey is thinking, "She won't record again with us without Dave Stewart producing? Eff that noise." He might feel bitter and resentful that Stevie basically said recording would stink without Stewart. And tension and frustrations abound on and on and on...

I just don't want things to get so bad that they never work together in any capacity again out of frustration and animosity. I don't want to hear "The Chain" down the road and go, "but they did break the chain...they said they never would..."
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New Mac Album > New Mac Tour > Stevie Solo Tour

They all's priorities is wack.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post

I don't think that having a solo career automatically means flipping the bird to her band. My theory is that she is reluctant to sign on with Fleetwood Mac again because she is in a more creative space in her life- probably due to Dave Stewart's influence. She has fallen in love with the idea of making new music again which, as a solo artist, has been an immensely freeing and gratifying experience. By contrast, her most recent experience recording with FM was tortuous and turned her off of recording for many, many years. Plus, when you enlist in "the army," it is a heavy-duty commitment. Fleetwood Mac does not just go out to play on the weekends. It is easily a full-year commitment, if not more, covering many markets, countries and continents. I'm sure she loves the idea of being in Fleetwood Mac more than the actual drudgery that goes with working with Fleetwood Mac. I don't blame her one bit. Why should she drop everything and dive headlong into another grueling marathon oldies tour fraught with drama and politics, when she can continue to play her new music surrounded by a band that adores her? It's a no-brainer to me.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
. Why should she drop everything and dive headlong into another grueling marathon oldies tour fraught with drama and politics, when she can continue to play her new music surrounded by a band that adores her? It's a no-brainer to me.
Amen, Ed. I agree with this whole-heartedly. Life is way too short to spend it being anything but happy and free. I do enjoy seeing Fleetwood Mac, but honestly, without new music, what's the point?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
joe

Hmm...where to begin with all of Mr. Fleetwood's alleged statements...

Ay yi yi...what hypocrisy. I think it's great that Stevie wants to go out and perform something new and fresh (despite some of the older tired staples) rather than go back to old mother hubbard fleetwood. He accuses her of milking it (and some other poster on here)? Umm, hello? Isn't that what FM has been doing to Rumours for 35 years? Give me a break! Rehearsing and preparing since 2010? Didn't they just come off the road in 2009?????

I think Stevie should tour in 2013/14 for this just as well for Mick's smartass comments just to stick it to him lol!!!!!

Now, I should add that if the Fleetwoods want to make a new album and tour then I retract all above statements.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Ledgie

I'm very angry with Mick about this because I think it will turn into another "Silver Springs" situation (but definitely not as big).

HOWEVER, if you just read Mick's words and don't read the rest of the article it's really not THAT bad. Playboy (or whoever wrote the article about the Playboy interview?) just place his words in ways that make everything he said a lot more selfish and condescending than what they actually are.

Still shouldn't have been said- but that's my opinion anyway.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky23 View Post
Ha! She's done that before... I love it, and well said. Exactly. And perhaps Lindsey is thinking, "She won't record again with us without Dave Stewart producing? Eff that noise." He might feel bitter and resentful that Stevie basically said recording would stink without Stewart. And tension and frustrations abound on and on and on...

I just don't want things to get so bad that they never work together in any capacity again out of frustration and animosity. I don't want to hear "The Chain" down the road and go, "but they did break the chain...they said they never would..."
I'm pretty sure (although I have been wrong before) the original poster was referring to MICK, not Lindsey. There is no indication that Lindsey ever wanted to tour this year, other than in support of his own stuff (or, in support of Buckingham/Nicks).
Old 03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick should just open another restaurant or sell more "whine" if he's that hard up for $$ again.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I'm pretty sure (although I have been wrong before) the original poster was referring to MICK, not Lindsey. There is no indication that Lindsey ever wanted to tour this year, other than in support of his own stuff (or, in support of Buckingham/Nicks).
Lindsey sounded like he was looking forward to a tour this year. He said he would be surprised if they didn't tour. He didn't say he wanted to exactly, but I assume that he and his accountant did.

However, when Stevie said she wanted to concentrate more on promoting IYD he said that was understandable, since she had more fun working on it than she'd had in a long time.

Michele