The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On Pollstar, which is pretty "official" (I just updated the 2009 tour date sticky). Repeat after me, "Presales suck, presales suck, presales suck..."

Thu 10/22/09 Glasgow, United Kingdom S.E.C.C.
Sat 10/24/09 Dublin, Ireland The O2 - Dublin
Tue 10/27/09 Manchester, United Kingdom Manchester Evening News Arena
Fri 10/30/09 London, United Kingdom Wembley Arena
Mon 11/02/09 Sheffield, United Kingdom Sheffield Arena
Tue 11/03/09 Birmingham, United Kingdom The NIA
Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
How can there be an O2 pre-sale if they aren't playing there?
Yeh - exactly what I said to the girl at Ticketmaster, but she said 02 still promote and do pre-sales for other venues

Do you think she knows what she is talking about - I am not so sure!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
They will definitely add more shows especially in London and Ireland. Didn't tickets sell out in like 15 minutes for both Ireland shows on the SYW tour?
They might add a Belfast date but the only time it would really fit would be the 25th. The Odyssey arena here isn't booked for that date yet so there's a slim chance. I'm hoping that they do because Belfast is easiest for me but Dublin pretty convenient as well so I'll not be complaining. If they do both I'll be hitting both of the shows.

I might have to go to a concert in England/Scotland as well. My brother wants to see them but is busy the weekend of the Dublin show so I'll just have to go with him to see them somewhere else. I can take that hit for the team
Old 06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
On Pollstar, which is pretty "official" (I just updated the 2009 tour date sticky). Repeat after me, "Presales suck, presales suck, presales suck..."

So are you coming over this time?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Birmingham Post & Life, June 2, 2009
http://www.birminghampost.net/life-l...5233-23768778/

Fleetwood Mac to play Birmingham NIA with 'Rumours' line-up

Fleetwood Mac have announced a new UK tour with their best-selling 'Rumours' line-up - and the closing night of the reunion tour will be in Birmingham.

The classic line-up of Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham bring their UK tour to a close at Birmingham’s NIA on Tuesday, November 3.

Since forming in 1967 the only thing about the group that hasn't changed is the rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Through the '70s, the band's personnel and style shifted as Fleetwood Mac changed from a traditionalist British blues band to making of one of the best-selling pop albums ever - Rumours.

From that album's release in 1977 into the present, Fleetwood Mac survived additional, theoretically key, personnel changes and yet remained a dominant commercial force.

Fleetwood Mac were formed by Peter Green, McVie, and Fleetwood along with Jeremy Spencer.

In 1970 Green abruptly left the group and early in 1971 Spencer also left. The group relocated to California in 1974 and Fleetwood Mac finally found a best-selling line-up with the addition of the duo of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and producer Keith Olsen.

The group now had three songwriters as well as Buckingham's studio craft and an onstage focal point in Stevie Nicks, who became a late-70s sex symbol as their first studio offering Fleetwood Mac racked up 5 million in sales.

Grammy Award winning album Rumours sold over 17 million copies and contained the 1977 hits Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Don't Stop and You Make Loving Fun.

In 1998 the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, where it played an acoustic set that Buckingham insisted would be its swan song.

Fleetwood Mac have sold more than 100 million albums — including 25 million for Rumours alone — making them one of the most popular rock bands in history.

Tickets for the NIA concert go on sale Friday at 9am and are priced at £75, £60 and £45 through theticketfactory.com or by calling 0844 338 800.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post

I personally have no problem with presales, I'll do whatever I can to get the best tickets andif I use a presale then it's better than having to cope with jammed phones and websites crashing at 9am on the first day of the main sale.

I can't buy my ticket for the G;asgow gig until late afternoon in the Thursday anyway, I'm just HOPING that that won't be too late and there will be good presale tickets left!!

Do you think I'm being too paranoid?!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dance View Post
Keep in mind that this is a greatest hits tour and i can not immagine that FM will only play in the UK, Ireland and perhaps a few concerts in Germany on the European leg of the tour. That would be really fu****** if you know what i mean... I think this is also a good tike to come to countries like Holland, Spain, Itay, France, Sweden to name a few. Why not?????
I compleatly agree with you! It's their time to come over to Scandinavia and other countries in Europe!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Livia means you don't always get the best tickets through the presale?

I'm just guessing though. I know I wouldn't have been able to get tickets to the upcoming Faith No More reunion, the recent extremely rare Cat Stevens concert I attended and Pearl Jam's one-off London show in August without the help of presales.

I have tried presales in the past though and the tickets available haven't been great. I think it depends on the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Yeh - exactly what I said to the girl at Ticketmaster, but she said 02 still promote and do pre-sales for other venues

Do you think she knows what she is talking about - I am not so sure!!!
Sometimes they don't know what they are talking about. The other day a girl at Seetickets told me complete rubbish about an upcoming show and when it went onsale. I think she was confusing it with something else. Thank god for other fans and fan forums!

Last edited by trackaghost; 06-02-2009 at 01:23 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I personally have no problem with presales, I'll do whatever I can to get the best tickets andif I use a presale then it's better than having to cope with jammed phones and websites crashing at 9am on the first day of the main sale.

I can't buy my ticket for the G;asgow gig until late afternoon in the Thursday anyway, I'm just HOPING that that won't be too late and there will be good presale tickets left!!

Do you think I'm being too paranoid?!
Unfortunately I've experienced this very problem before with Live Nation pre-sales
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Maybe Livia means you don't always get the best tickets through the presale?

I'm just guessing though. I know I wouldn't have been able to get tickets to the upcoming Faith No More reunion, the recent extremely rare Cat Stevens concert I attended and Pearl Jam's one-off London show in August without the help of presales.

I have tried presales in the past though and the tickets available haven't been great.

Sometimes they don't know what they are talking about. The other day a girl at Seetickets told me complete rubbish about an upcoming show. I think she was confusing it with something else.
I've never found good tickets from pre-sales unless they were fan club ones. All the good tickets I got for FM last time were through the fan club and then front row seats 2 weeks before the actual shows
Old 06-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never found good tickets from pre-sales unless they were fan club ones. All the good tickets I got for FM last time were through the fan club and then front row seats 2 weeks before the actual shows
I remember those front row tickets popping up! It's hard to know what to do though. If you wait you could totally miss out but then if you chance it you might end up with a fantastic seat a couple of weeks before the show. If this is their only London date I think it will sell out and there will be less of a chance of good seats popping up at the last minute, but you never know. Damn, what to do
Old 06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember those front row tickets popping up! It's hard to know what to do though. If you wait you could totally miss out but then if you chance it you might end up with a fantastic seat a couple of weeks before the show. If this is their only London date I think it will sell out and there will be less of a chance of good seats popping up at the last minute, but you never know. Damn, what to do
I'm sure they will add more dates. The Saturday night appears free at Wembley right now. I'm thinking of getting as good as I can for the NIA and if any crackers turn up I'll see if I can resist... (or not..lol). I can't really afford multiple shows but I find it very hard to pass up front row!

Last time they allowed quite a few rows up to the stage right from the get go
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Last time they allowed quite a few rows up to the stage right from the get go

Did they do that for all the dates you went to, Pip?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did they do that for all the dates you went to, Pip?
Yes. At the wishes of the band. I was front row anyway so stood up at the stage as soon as I got there. There was only one night when a couple of people in the front row beside us refused to stand.. and kicked anyone who stood in front of them. They tried to complain to the venue about people standing but got nowhere.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate people like that. I wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't pay for their tickets. They would have had more fun in they just got into the spirit of things, it's not like only a few people were standing, they were the odd ones out.