The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have just spoken to Ticketmaster and they have said that according to the information on the website there are two pre-sales one via 02 if you are signed up to rcv their txt or emails you should be eligible. There is also the Wembley Arena pre-sale which they wouldn't give any info on just go on to the Wembley website - you then get directed to Live Nation!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default UK; Link to Ticketmaster UK......

Thought this link might help to find the UK Ticketmaster Site.....

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search...=39&search.y=4

good luck,
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GERMANY! GERMANY! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

^ YEAHHH!!! They have to come here!!! Oh my god I'm soooooooo excited!!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post

Ticketmaster is coming up now for 30 October at Wembley Arena. It says pre-sale 4 June - no details of pre-sale tho - that's helpful.

Last time around I ordered pre-sale tickets through the FWM fan club but got better seats directly with ticketmaster - then ended up with 4 I couldn't get rid of!!!! HOpe it will be better this time around.

Wooooooo
I think it just means the live nation presale.

Last time I got tickets through the fan club but then a couple of weeks before the gigs front row seats came up on see tickets
Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I have just spoken to Ticketmaster and they have said that according to the information on the website there are two pre-sales one via 02 if you are signed up to rcv their txt or emails you should be eligible. There is also the Wembley Arena pre-sale which they wouldn't give any info on just go on to the Wembley website - you then get directed to Live Nation!!!!
How can there be an O2 pre-sale if they aren't playing there?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Dublin October 24th - 02 Arena... .According to this article:

Clashmusic.com
One of the best selling groups of all time Fleetwood Mac are set to re-unite for a very special UK arena tour.

Emerging from the British blues boom, Fleetwood Mac would go on to dominate the pop market with some of the most popular albums ever released. The band perhaps peaked with the spectacular success of 'Rumours', and the line up that crafted this album is set to gather for an extremely rare tour.

To gather the roots of Fleetwood Mac would take a box set. Formed by guitar hero Peter Green, the band used some of the finest musicians from the British blues scene. However Green would depart in 1970 after a period of mental decline, leaving the band to battle on.

Centred on the rhythm section pairing of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, Fleetwood Mac would later gather the twin talents of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.

The group would later inter-marry, but the pressures of success took their toll on the relationships with the band divorcing just a few years later. The inter-band politics seemed to drive them on to greater artistic endeavours, crafting the massively successful album 'Rumours'.

To date the album has sold over 25 million copies, and spawned the classic hits 'Go Your Own Way', 'Dreams' and 'Don't Stop'.

In total, the band have sold a staggering 100 million albums making them one of the most popular rock acts ever. Subsequent albums such as 'Tusk' and 'Tango In The Night' would enhance Fleetwood Mac's reputation as a supreme artistic outfit, yet full scale tours are few and far between.

Fleetwood Mac have only played two full scale tours in more than twenty years. In fact, it is over a decade since the band's last appearance in public together.

Hell, even solo appearances are hard to come by. Since the release of a live album in 1998 the band members have taken time off, with Mick Fleetwood said to be the lynchpin behind getting the group to reform.

More than thirty years on from the release of 'Rumours' Fleetwood Mac remain one of the most popular groups on the planet. A rare chance to catch this band in the live arena, make sure you don't miss out!

Fleetwood Mac are set to play the following dates:

October
22 Glasgow SECC
24 Dublin O2 Arena
27 Manchester Evening News Arena
30 London Wembley Arena

November
2 Sheffield Arena
3 Birmingham National Indoor Arena
Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
That's great news ! If I search for FM on our Dutch LiveNationsite (livenation.nl), the Birmingham-date pops up as well.....This must lead to more dates :-)

Hopefully they announce them all at once, last time I scored just a seat on the site in the Oberhausen (Germsany) Arena, because I was convinced that they would play Rotterdam as well (where I was planning on buying a general admission floor-ticket) and they didn't come over to Holland the last time around...so I just need to see them this time and I'll fly to London if I had to.
Keep in mind that this is a greatest hits tour and i can not immagine that FM will only play in the UK, Ireland and perhaps a few concerts in Germany on the European leg of the tour. That would be really fu****** if you know what i mean... I think this is also a good tike to come to countries like Holland, Spain, Itay, France, Sweden to name a few. Why not?????
Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ireland! I will be there with bells on.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
How can there be an O2 pre-sale if they aren't playing there?
That confused me too. I would point out that every time, without fail, when I have had a text from O2 about presale tickets and responded immediately, I have had the reply that the presale period was now over. I have also had texts about presale after tickets have gone on general sale.

Also, when I was trying to book Green Day tickets for Sheffield through Ticketmaster's website a few weeks ago (at 9 am on the day of general sale) not one ticket was available and the phone constantly engaged. See Tickets were offering tickets but with no indication of seating numbers and Ticketline's site was too busy to even get on. It took almost four hours of trying every avenue every few minutes before I got tickets direct by phone from Sheffield Arena's box office. I have no idea what is going to be my first port of call for the Mac.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh My God!! I'm so excited. These dates are perfect - a month before my birthday!! Woohoo, looks like I'll be seeing them again!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope all you European Ledgies can make it out to these shows!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They will definitely add more shows especially in London and Ireland. Didn't tickets sell out in like 15 minutes for both Ireland shows on the SYW tour?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
They will definitely add more shows especially in London and Ireland. Didn't tickets sell out in like 15 minutes for both Ireland shows on the SYW tour?
They might add another Birmingham date too. They played 2 there last time. And 2 at the MEN. I suspect they might add the Saturday night at Wembley too
Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

I am so excited I'm going to Ireland on 5/6/09 but I'm taking my laptop just to book tickets!!!!