Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love FM... Don't really like the current FM... thought about buying tickets one last time... but I decided not to..

1. I have to be careful where I spend my money as the economy keeps getting worse I get more and more careful. 300-500 bucks for two tickets.. thats a lot of grocercies, car repair money, utilities, gasoline etc... to blow in two hours for the same songs that keep getting worse... no thanks... ridiculous in fact.

2. Don't need to hear another song live from Rumours ever again... unless it's I Don't Wanna Know, Oh Daddy, or Songbird

3. This band is just tired... As much as I love them... If you unleash them... the won't run very far... so no leash is needed...

4. They'll release a DVD of the tour.. for 20 bucks I can play it in my living room without paying for gas parking and... I'll see the set list which I will say again... no thanks...

Rather sit back and listen to my GOS album... it was a Great Day..
I actually feel the same way, a bit.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Honestly, I love this band, and hope to see much, much more from them in the future. BUT! I hope they fall flat on their faces with these ticket prices. Asking $150 for tickets for a band whose last top 10 single was during the Reagan era, and also who isn't touring behind any new material is just absurd. Add to it the serious recession we're in, and it's like the band is slapping us in the face AND pissing on us at the same time. I love Fleetwood Mac, I really do... but this whole lackluster money grab tour which they aren't even bothering to take new press pics for, while totally violating our entrails with the ticket prices, just has me FUMING!
I agree with you 100%. This tour is a bunch of BS. If they can't make a new album to tour behind then don't bother. I'll just listen to Lindsey's stuff and John and Mick can make all the guest appearences they want!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not all that negative about the ticket prices.
The regular asking price is not outrageous, given the market (and putting aside the economy). Other groups get the same--including those who are also not supporting new material so I really don't see FM deciding to work for less.

I DO object to the All Access and "Platinum" tickets, however. And $200 or whatever it is, above that, to meet Mick. That's where the rip-off element comes in big time. To think that die-hard fans can't get good tickets because they can't afford nearly $1000 per ticket is disgusting. And to pay...what...$700 per ticket is not enough for Mick to make an appearance? You have to fork over another batch of money for that?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the actual concert. I know this angsting is part of the process but there is nothing quite like FM when they are all on that stage, doing their thing.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I'm not all that negative about the ticket prices.
The regular asking price is not outrageous, given the market (and putting aside the economy). Other groups get the same--including those who are also not supporting new material so I really don't see FM deciding to work for less.

I DO object to the All Access and "Platinum" tickets, however. And $200 or whatever it is, above that, to meet Mick. That's where the rip-off element comes in big time. To think that die-hard fans can't get good tickets because they can't afford nearly $1000 per ticket is disgusting. And to pay...what...$700 per ticket is not enough for Mick to make an appearance? You have to fork over another batch of money for that?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the actual concert. I know this angsting is part of the process but there is nothing quite like FM when they are all on that stage, doing their thing.
This is so true. I'm just ready to decide which show I'm going to, and then do the waiting thing for tickets. Too bad Albany isn't an option. 7th row is unbelievable. Anyone know if any of the other shows are at this stage yet and when they may announce more dates?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Ok, here is a thought: is it time for them to so SMALLER venues? Maybe this cost would be more acceptable if all the seats were, "good seats." Any thoughts?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
If Lindsey was touring with Sesame Street Live I'd see him.
Now, THAT is a show I'd wanna see.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 12-18-2008 at 12:32 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Ok, here is a thought: is it time for them to so SMALLER venues? Maybe this cost would be more acceptable if all the seats were, "good seats." Any thoughts?
Yeah, I definitely wish they were playing smaller venues, like ampitheaters. I don't think they'd have as big of a problem selling tickets, and I think they may be less expensive. Anyone think that they may have some ampi dates simply because of the tickets not selling?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

I would like to see them be, UNLEASHED... I hope that means: WILD CRAZY and INTENSE! I am sure that most of you are thinking, "Yeah, right..." I just have this feeling that this is it. This is when they are going to do what they love and do it WELL!!! Let's keep our hopes up. Let us hope that they are going to give us our money's worth. I have faith. It's going to happen.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, if they did venues like UB Center for the Arts or Shea's Buffalo or the Caesar's venue in Vegas or that theater LB played in Toronto Fall '07 - but NOT sheds. Most seats suck at outdoor amphitheaters, and the sound sucks, and you have to contend with the weather.

Quote:
I would like to see them be, UNLEASHED... I hope that means: WILD CRAZY and INTENSE! I am sure that most of you are thinking, "Yeah, right..." I just have this feeling that this is it. This is when they are going to do what they love and do it WELL!!! Let's keep our hopes up. Let us hope that they are going to give us our money's worth. I have faith. It's going to happen.
You certainly are a positive thinker. Have you read The Secret?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yes, if they did venues like UB Center for the Arts or Shea's Buffalo or the Caesar's venue in Vegas or that theater LB played in Toronto Fall '07 - but NOT sheds. Most seats suck at outdoor amphitheaters, and the sound sucks, and you have to contend with the weather.

You certainly are a positive thinker. Have you read The Secret?
I agree, there should never be an outdoor venue that small. They should give us QUALITY. That is a big part of the experience. No one should have to use a plastic rain cover to enjoy TUSK, lol...

No, I haven't read, THE SECRET... I do own it, just never had the ambition to go on and read it. I do subscribe to the POSITIVE THINKING aspects of life. That AND being positive may affect the readers here... So that when they go to the concert they expect a great time and will leave with that feeling. I just do not dig when people think "OH NO... This is gonna suck," but they go anyway. It affects how others around them experience the event. Does that even make sense, lol. I can't tell anymore. LOL

WINK WINK-
KENN
Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Back after five days in Vegas without a computer.

These shows TANKED. Yikes. There are at least (and that's being kind) two shows that look to be extreme danger of cancellation.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
The problem is that they are not all going to be on stage, which makes the prices they're asking all the more insulting. While I'll always say it's legitimately Fleetwood Mac if Mick and John are in it, I have to say that going on this nostalgia tour without one of the vital components and charging those prices is totally out of line.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Back after five days in Vegas without a computer.

These shows TANKED. Yikes. There are at least (and that's being kind) two shows that look to be extreme danger of cancellation.
That's what I was afraid of. Can I ask what the other city(ies) is?

It looks like I need to concentrate more on the NYC show... Damn, The Times Union Center is 20 minutes from me!

Hopefully, as someone has said, the sales will pickup after the holidays.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
That's what I was afraid of. Can I ask what the other city(ies) is?

It looks like I need to concentrate more on the NYC show... Damn, The Times Union Center is 20 minutes from me!

Hopefully, as someone has said, the sales will pickup after the holidays.
Rochester is doing terribly, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it and/or Albany, either giving them a long weekend, or maybe a fill date in Verona to placate Upstate NY (Rochester AND Albany was obviously too much too soon).
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The problem is that they are not all going to be on stage, which makes the prices they're asking all the more insulting. While I'll always say it's legitimately Fleetwood Mac if Mick and John are in it, I have to say that going on this nostalgia tour without one of the vital components and charging those prices is totally out of line.
But they are not misrepresenting themselves. Christine is retired. Her choice. And that was a choice made several years ago. They didn't put a cardboard cutout of Christine there and they aren't putting another singer up there singing her songs. 4 out of 5 members of the Mac are there. What are they supposed to do? Bill themselves as Fleetwood Mac Minus 1?

That's who they are now and who they have been since 2003. And they are singing their hits. Again, NO misrepresentation. They are singing their hits. Nothing else is promised. And these are the prices. Want to go? Pay the money. Don't? Stay home. It's a choice.

Hey, I would love them to do more than the hits. But, there are those in the group (Stevie, for sure, and I suspect Mick) who believe 99% of the audience wants ALL HITS. ALL THE TIME! I could stay home and squirrel away money for the next Lindsey tour, or enjoy what they are offering will no illusions that it will be anything other than it is.

And, I've finally come to realize that for all the smoke and mirrors, or drama and pathos, FM is a job to these people. And if other groups are making this kind of money, they are definitely NOT going to adjust their bottom line to accomodate a bad economy or anything else.

It's just the way it is.