Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Hey Bob..

These are my sentiments exactly.. I'm just a little more than stunned that Stevie would even "allow' Karen to treat you that way! I'm SO sorry to hear Karen was so horrid to poor Wendy, knowing she had a heart condition! And I have to agree.. you aren't bitchy in the least! I just don't understand Stevie's actions..
Bob, those two should be ashamed of themselves. I guess they didn't see enough self-serving opportunity in helping you. They couldn't even be bothered acknowledging your plight or offering some kind of moral support or best wishes. I'm not surprised the way Stevie's true believers are. I've always noticed everything she says is completely self-serving. Her actions are exactly the same. If La Nicks can't use you in some way to enhance her public profile or advance her private agenda by taking you into her confidence for the purpose of feeding you a line she hopes you'll take back to the streets, well, then she has no use for you. The same goes double for Sir Buckingham.

Now, if Wendy were only some impressionable, star struck, handicapped teenager, who hadn't heard of either of them from jack a few years ago, because she was still in elementary school, instead of the ailing wife of a former collegue who has known them over thirty years, not to mention a former Mac member deserving of a little respect, not mistreatment by the hired hands...or, if Bob were an injured Iraq war vet who could tell the press how wonderful and selfless Stevie Nicks is...maybe he could at least get a free Ipod out of the deal?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missus View Post
Betsy...Thanks for your good wishes ! In Nick's case, I don't think it was a "management protecting the prima-donna" thing...because I called Stevies brother , Chris Nicks too.And Chris is very close to Stevie, like I am with my own sister...So I'm sure he told her...she just didn't want to get involved...too many "other" charity gigs with higher publicity profiles I guess..

Thanks for your offer of help....Hopefully all this is past us now , at least the drastic panicky part ;-)

All the best,

Bob Welch
Dealing with Chris Nicks is kinda.... let's say "tricky". You never know if he gives messages to Stevie or not. My guess is she didn't get the message because it sounds so unlike Stevie to not do anything. She would've called you to say the least. But maybe I'm just one of those Stevie fans who walk around with blinders on. It just doesn't sound like her not to care.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm moving into the last "decanate" of my life , as far as my "progressed" astrological chart goes..... but for me I was (born) Virgo> "progressed".> to Libra.>, and now, final progression> to the dreaded....>Scorpio until I'm 90 (if I make it that far). This seems to be having an effect on me of being less reticent, less of a diplomat, moreoutspoken, perhaps harsh , yes.....even "bitchy". So, with that explanation,I find I must (Scorpio compelsme !) say that in all of my wife and I's dealings with the abovementioned "Karen" , "Karen" has been completely rude , dismissive, and is herself a legend in her own mind...just cause she worksfor one. In plain English , and non-diplomatic Scorpio-speak...Karen has acted like a complete bitchto us. For clarity, and emphasis I repeat; a complete bitch. She wouldn't even let Wendy, who has a heart condition and uses a pacemaker, come into the air-conditioned dressing room here in Nashville....She made Wendy stand outside in the heat of the Nashville summer...wouldn't even get her a chair to sit in.....the band and Nicks had to "cool down" you know, before they let anybody in. Yeah right.

All this, and I was IN Fleetwood Mac for gawds sake. I can only imagine how "Karen" treats "regular" people !

Bob Welch
I don't think you're bitchy at all, you're just telling it like it is. I think it's outrageous how Karen treated Wendy and you for that matter. A little more respect wouldn't have been out of place.

I thought all you guys were friends. Guess I was wrong.....

As for Karen treating "regular" people, I have no idea. I've heard (bad) stories but that's all hearsay. I never dealt with her myself.

I agree with mgikallaroundme. Those two (La Nicks and Mr. B) should be ashamed of themselves. They should've stepped up to the plate and helped you and Wendy. I don't understand any of this behavior

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from a Sheryl Crow Q & A in the Quad City Times:

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008...f853040160.txt

Question: Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band ... AND ... the “Rumours” say she is joining them for a tour next year (although Lindsey Buckingham downplays it publicly). So, my question is: Any truth to the ‘Rumours’ that you are joining Fleetwood Mac? — Name and address not provided

Crow: “That was all a rumor. I’m doing my own tour.”
Old 05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I, for one, am happy.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I, for one, am happy.
about what? that Sheryl ISN'T going to join them?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Excerpt from a Sheryl Crow Q & A in the Quad City Times:

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2008...f853040160.txt

Question: Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band ... AND ... the “Rumours” say she is joining them for a tour next year (although Lindsey Buckingham downplays it publicly). So, my question is: Any truth to the ‘Rumours’ that you are joining Fleetwood Mac? — Name and address not provided

Crow: “That was all a rumor. I’m doing my own tour.”
If it was a rumour it was Sheryl herself who started it!

Gail
Old 05-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm gonna buy some champaigne tonight just to celebrate!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
clb0013

Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm moving into the last "decanate" of my life , as far as my "progressed" astrological chart goes..... but for me I was (born) Virgo> "progressed".> to Libra.>, and now, final progression> to the dreaded....>Scorpio until I'm 90 (if I make it that far). This seems to be having an effect on me of being less reticent, less of a diplomat, more outspoken, perhaps harsh , yes.....even "bitchy". So, with that explanation,I find I must (Scorpio compels me !) say that in all of my wife and I's dealings with the abovementioned "Karen" , "Karen" has been completely rude , dismissive, and is herself a legend in her own mind...just cause she works for one. In plain English , and non-diplomatic Scorpio-speak...Karen has acted like a complete bitchto us. For clarity, and emphasis I repeat; a complete bitch. She wouldn't even let Wendy, who has a heart condition and uses a pacemaker, come into the air-coditioned dressing room here in Nashville....She made Wendy stand outside in the heat of the Nashville summer...wouldn't even get her a chair to sit in.....the band and Nicks had to "cool down" you know, before they let anybody in. Yeah right.

All this, and I was IN Fleetwood Mac for gawds sake. I can only imagine how "Karen" treats "regular" people !

Bob Welch

I am going to have to agree with Mr. Welch on this one. Karen is very unpleasant, and that is being VERY nice. It is sad that Stevie has these kinds of people around her...not to mention her brother, who is also as unpleasant as Karen. For these reasons, I lost interest for a long time...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think exactly that...I don't like the idea...I hate to say unpleasant things about a fellow artist.....but IMO Sheryl Crow will do ANYTHING to get her face out there....a commercial, a charity, a "guest shot"....she's right up there with Brett Michaels....ANYTHING for publicity....embarassing...nothing to do with music....everything to do with self-promotion of the worst kind.This next is a truly , truly horrible thing to say....but, IMO, and forgive me if I'm wrong.....even the marriage to Lance Armstrong smacks of a publicity stunt to me....There is an old one-liner in showbiz that" dying is a great career move". I ( and I know this sounds terribly mean spirited), I think that if Crow could manage to "die" somehow, for awhile...and then magically reappear...she'd do it. And BTW; recently my wife was (THANK GOD) MIS-diagnosed with a fast moving form of liver cancer...We were told, erroneously thank GOD, that the chemo and other treatment could completely bust our lifetime insurance cap....and that we better start thinking about maybe doing some fundraisers...we were panicked..I immediately got on the phone and started calling;....1st Mick Fleetwood...Mick said he would play(we weren't asking for money, just "time and talent)anytime, anywhere...so did Rick Vito...so did Billy Burnette...so did Walter Eagan....so did Jeff Baxter. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey didn't bother to even return my calls. The die is cast...I now know who's got a heart and who doesn't....REALLY got a heart, not the phony heart on sleeve BS that often passes for "empathy" in Hollywood. Sorry to have to say this...Stevie stiffed me and my wife....so did Lindsey....Mick and everybody else came through when we really thought Wendy was at death's door...A misdiagnosis, again, thank God. I will never forget who was a friend....and who wasn't.

Bob Welch
wx-Fleetwood Mac,Capitol Records artist etc. etc.
Horrifying. I'm not surprised in the least that Mick agreed to do it though.
And yes, it is quite an eye opener when the chips are down and you see who really comes through for you...and who doesn't. My best to you and Wendy.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 05-30-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0013 View Post
I am going to have to agree with Mr. Welch on this one. Karen is very unpleasant, and that is being VERY nice. It is sad that Stevie has these kinds of people around her...not to mention her brother, who is also as unpleasant as Karen. For these reasons, I lost interest for a long time...
Did you experience this first hand?? Care to elaborate?

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
If it was a rumour it was Sheryl herself who started it!

Gail
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb0013 View Post
You lost interest in Stevie & her music because Karen & Chris are assholes? That makes no sense to me.

Karen's a bitch, it's a pretty well established & shared opinion in the Mac community. Partly because it's her job to keep crazy anoying fans away from her boss (I'm not saying we're all crazy & annoying, but one would have to assume so for safety & sanity's sake) and partly because that's just the kind of person she is. I don't get why people are always so shocked or upset by it. Karen has nothing to do with how I feel about Stevie's songs. Neither does scumbag Chris. They have no impact on my life.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

Karen's a bitch, it's a pretty well established & shared opinion in the Mac community. Partly because it's her job to keep crazy anoying fans away from her boss (I'm not saying we're all crazy & annoying, but one would have to assume so for safety & sanity's sake) and partly because that's just the kind of person she is. I don't get why people are always so shocked or upset by it. Karen has nothing to do with how I feel about Stevie's songs. Neither does scumbag Chris. They have no impact on my life.
It is all due to the fact IMO that alot of fans have an image of La Nicks as some kind of selfless,kind ,altruistic saint so then they are bewildered ,hurt and take it personally when they find out her brother is an opportunist that has ridden La Nick's cape tails lo these many years or that her personal assistant is a be-yotch of the first magnitude..I had La Nicks number long ago and it has not detracted from my enjoyment of her music one bit.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Or she was misquoted. I only saw a written quote. Was there a video clip where she said it?

In any event, that people actually give a damn is a remaining feather in the much plucked popularity hat of FM.

Maybe she was sleeping one night and she had a dream that she said it? I've even had to make corrections at my local radio stations that it has not been determined that she is going to tour with them. This one dj said to me "well that's what I read online", and I told him, "yeah, and how many times online have they said that we've captured Big Foot!?" LOL!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, to be fair to Sheryl, Lindsey did say it was an idea that had been discussed, it didn't come out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Remember when Stevie was on Leno and said that she hires people on her tours to manage the people for her because she doesn't like to be the bad guy and tell people off? Well, it's the same situation here. If Stevie had to deal with every crazy, every package, every fan (decent or otherwise), she'd probably retired years ago. That said, the Bob Welch situation is pretty low for sure.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 AM
clb0013
This message has been deleted by clb0013.