Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: not only a crook,

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
Keep up, we'll support you!
Thanks we appreciate it....if you want to lend a hand COMPLAIN VERY LOUDLY to management......the addresses appear in another thread on this board.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by PollyThePenguin
Sorry to hear of your trevails, Pip. And I agree with you about JT and all the douchebags on Mick's site ! But frankly it gets pretty bloody boring seeing your diatribe on EVERY FREAKING MAC BOARD ON THE PLANET. Give it a rest, eh? Take up a good cause. Save the Whales or something.
I do believe that the significance of this has been totally lost on you....it doesn't just affect Fan Club members and former members...it is the whole Mac community. Jonathan Todd has been employed as a representative of Fleetwood Mac, as a middle man between FM and the fans......In PR terms this guy is a freakin' nightmare. He is a conman, causing divisions in the community and is basically an allround bad egg. I am sure that the band as a whole would not want to be associated with a fraudster.....and as a longstanding fan I will be going the whole nine yards to make sure that who ever needs to know about this will get to hear it.....
Perhaps you can be a little more pro-active it will make you feel heaps better....you know a little service in the community?
Old 05-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your trevails, Pip. And I agree with you about JT and all the douchebags on Mick's site ! But frankly it gets pretty bloody boring seeing your diatribe on EVERY FREAKING MAC BOARD ON THE PLANET. Give it a rest, eh? Take up a good cause. Save the Whales or something.
Don't read them. There are plenty of other topics for you to read if you do not want to read them. Of the 20 or better on this page alone, only two or three are dedicated to this subject. It would make you happier to not read and make this kind of remark and it would make all of us who DO care a lot happier if you did as well.

You are welcome to join the cause if you want, but, if you don't, please don't degrade Pip. She has had enough of that from JT. Maybe you will get lucky and he will get a chance to have a go at you one day. Then, see, where will your supporters be?
Old 05-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
but it breaks my heart that this man changed other fans' lives when it comes to their love for fleetwood mac.
Everyone, there is so much more that you do not know and there is a reason. Only waiting for management to do something...but, there is so much more. This is why we ALL must write to them. EVERYONE. And nothing gets their attention like us contacting the FBI and the CA Atty Gen office. BBB is a given, but, the first two are musts.

I know that in this world there are ppl who do, and ppl who complain, and ppl who look the other way and ignore. We need all of those types of ppl to balance our world. But, we need more of the doers in on this. WE know that we have the support of hundreds, but, most are just waiting to see what happens and we will get what we want if you all participate.

I cannot stress to you how important it is to lose the "there is a hole in the road, someone ought to fix it" thought and change it to the "I am gonna call and get that hole fixed" attitude. If you don't know what to do, pm me. I will help you. I need you. All the fans need you. This is not so much about 60.00 anymore, it is about morals and principals and just what is right.

And, if ANYONE can get the info to a particular band member, that is the one thing that would help. I am not so convinced that any band member outside of Mick, and then John cause they are buds, know of this. I am not convinced. Stevie and Lindsey do not live in the real world. They are insulated and she is very insulated in a tour to keep the stress off of her and her voice. She doesn't even drive a car for Gods sake... If any band member knows about this, I think that it has to be Mick and like I said earlier, this grieves me so much. But, don't forget that Mick is the one suckered into crap over and over... member the Blob?
Old 05-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
frankly it gets pretty bloody boring seeing your diatribe on EVERY FREAKING MAC BOARD ON THE PLANET.
Actually not all of us read the other Mac boards. I know the Ledge is the only one I read regularly. It may be re-hash for you, but it's the first time I (and others, I'm sure) have heard this story, and like I said, I appreciate it having been posted here.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 05-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by OK-LANDSLIDE
I can not believe after looking at other bands fan clubs what they are given plus the price. Range from 15.00 to 25.00 and they are given a hell of a lot of promotional items. Posters, key chains, membership cards, etc.
Precisely why I didn't join....I mean the $70 price tag, plus all this bull***** y'all were writing regarding the fiasco and the bad tickets and whatnot...I thank God for y'all! I tell ya!

I pay $35 a year for another fan club I'm in...we get 4 newsletters a year, a card, an 8x10 photo, a special fan-club only CD (usually with rarities or rockin' live tracks...only 2 on it usually, but hey--who cares?), the opportunity to buy a special fan club t-shirt, and we can purchase fan club seats (only 2 per concert, but still...there are always ways to get more through other fan club members) for as many concerts as we can afford---and with the exception of a few concerts (and few meaning, like 4 that have been screwed up) I have ALWAYS been in the first 7 rows. The fan club sets up certain times that they go on sale, and we call or get them via the fan club site. It's not a Ticketbastard pre-sale (we pay no taxes, no fees, purely face value). Once we have them, the site says "You Have Tickets!" Sure, we don't know what our seats are until we get to the venue but that's one of the thrills behind the night! My best seats have been fronts---twice. None of this "best of the best 20%" or whatever other vagueness there is with the Mac fan club. They have some MAJOR overhauling and learning to do.

Keep up the fight, Louise & Pip...and everyone else! I don't mind reading about it on all the boards...not everyone frequents them all, you know? Spreading the word is important. I don't know you from Adam, and I'm still new to the board---but this crap has got to end somehow!
"We may be making, maybe in some ways making the best music of our lives, but what's under that is the tenderness--and the care that still exists and somehow managed to survive through all of those times, and through all the twists and turns that we have taken."--Lindsey Buckingham
Old 05-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
Actually not all of us read the other Mac boards.
This is why it was posted on them all....
Old 05-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagles Mac
Eventually Mick & Stevie will wake up and have to take some action
I agree with all you said EM and I hope Pip can warn everyone and striaghten out everything soon too.

...but I was kicked off by the "busy server" deal when trying to type this here so since I've just said this at the legacy, I'll paste it in here as I think it's something to consider in regards to what I've quoted of your posts above:

Well, I don't mean to be a downer on this but look at it this way, if ANY FM member knows what's going on and wants to just make money out of it and doesn't care about the fans, would they ever actually admit it?

I haven't seen/read these interviews where SN & LB say there are "things about the fan club they don't like" but if that's the case, then why not DO something about it NOW?

As refreshing as I'd find it, I can't see any of them saying to the press "yeah we knew the fans were getting screwed and that's why we hired JT, to get as much money out of them as possible". That's NOT gonna happen. It's one thing for Lindsey to say in interviews NOW that "The dance" was all just about making money, but what, SYW isn't? It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about it when the next Mac album sufaces, if there is one at all.

I bet WB & FM have planned all along to "start all over again" after this SYW "project" and never saw mf.com, fm.com or whatever as a "permanent" thing, it's just temporary as a marketing tool for SYW. They have no use for it when the SYW stuff dies down, I mean, they could use it to sell older albums etc. true, but that appearently isn't enough sales for those people. Now I like the music on SYW and all and just because I feel this way doesn't mean I don't like the music but if we are saying our true feelings here, my guess is that the only statement that will be said about this to the press (if any) will be made (conveniently) after the tour is over and then they will say "oh we had no idea that stuff was going on so we fired JT and hopefully this won't happen next time" or whatever and then if there is another FM album it will probably be 5 years from now or well, maybe 4 so Mick can say in 2007 that "it's an album commemorating the 40th anniversary of FM" even though the band was only really active half of that 40 years, or wait, since he likes to ignore lineups etc. the 2007 album will be the commemoration of "the 30th anniversary of "Rumours"" and by then new impressionable teenage fans will discover Stevie etc. then and all of this stuff that happened now will not be known to them at that time hence why I'm guessing Mick has discovered the plusses of waiting between projects, so he can con a new generation of fans since the ones that have been around for a while have seen it happen over and over again in one way or another and they will just go and hire another "salesman" to do the website/fan club thing then (i.e. what JT has done now).

As for John Kinney/Stevie caring about the fans, I admit I don't know much about it and maybe this doesn't mean anything but I keep thinking about how the Nicksfix had that poll asking if people were happy with the fan club or not (which of course was showing a resounding "NO!") and then it mysteriuosly disappeared a few days after it started. So, maybe JK is a fan but the powers that be for official sites like that still make them puppets that "will do as their told" if nothing else and I think being a fan has little or nothing to do with it when it comes to the crunch.

I sure hope not, but this is just my guess of what will happen I hope I am proved wrong but it seems completely feasable to me by making it look like they care by canning who was going to be out of work anyways as it was most lkely seen as a "temp" job anyways by them, they still get their money and time will help them get that new generation of fans to "fraud". I don't mean any of this as an "I told you so" kind of thing, but the younger fans here will see how frustrating/unerving it is to watch newer fans being had but not being able to warn them about it as they will be in the belief that all will be well with whatever promises are mae in 2007, just as you may have felt when paying your money for the current goings on (if you were one that paid that is, as I didn't and I remember Pip saying she didn't).

For the record, I've always said I've always liked the music of FM (and that's why I'm a fan of course) but I've never said I liked the members of FM as people (going by what I can go by of them that is, and given the chance, I'd never want to meet any of them in "real life" so to speak in the fears that they may be just as bad or even worse then I fear them to be but maybe someday I'll be proved wrong about this as well, I hope so anyways.

John
Old 05-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an angle.

Let's say behind the scenes, the band (or, rather, half the band) has already confronted JT about the situation and demanded that he shape up.
Maybe they gave him an ultimatum with a time frame --- they want fans to be served better within the next two weeks, for example. When he reports back to them or their management, what can he say at present in his own defense? We know he's not above twisting facts (or ripping them to shreds) to save his ass.
I see the band gathered at a long table, and him making a presentation complete with visual aids and a pointer, if not Powerpoint. Here's what Mr. Slick would say:

- The problems with the pre-sales were worse at the start, but have improved. Here are current maps of the seating that have been opened recently.
- We are offering fans a t-shirt. This is a fan club perk. Exotic jewelry is on its way.
- Complaints come from just an angry minority now. The whiners are not at OUR bulletin board. (He won't mention kicking people out.)
- You can see that the venues are pretty full, and here are three posts from our official bulletin board that praise the fan club.

It takes a while to catch a weasel in the act.

Thank you, Pip, for getting some proof in writing.

- Jake
Old 05-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John, you're analysis makes sense to me. I don't have a high opinion of band members as people either. You're right. The band won't be coming out publicly with a statement saying they knew the fan club was a sham run by an unethical oaf. Hardly!

Wouldn't it be interesting during a press interview if a journalist put the band on the spot by asking if they know the fan club is unpopular with fans? Are they aware that the director has a bad reputation with fans as well? Wouldn't that curl some hair?!!

Firing the guy after the fact doesn't say or mean much. I wasn't even holding out hope they'd pull the plug as soon as they saw the full picture about this guy. They may no longer have the power to do that. I was, however, wishing for some small acknowledgement from the managers...some indication that the situation is being reviewd. A lot of people informed each band member's management team...with documentation...of what's going on. So far, everyone's playing deaf, blind and dumb.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Glitter - Yeah it would be cool if they were confronted by a digging reporter on this and if they did make some kind of statement NOW about it but yeah, it's unlikely and if they did it would just be the old managerial crap of "yeah we're aware of it and are looking in to it", stalling methods, so they can do the "look good" thing later after all the milking of the SYW cow had been done. Hate to be negative but just trying to be realistic, maybe they'll surprise us.

Jake - Oh I'm sure he'll say stuff like that, I guess I give the band members too much credit to think that they'd be smart enough to KNOW he'd never admit it to them if he was up to dealings they didn't like so that being the case, if they cared, they'd look in to it themselves. I realize it would be hard with him/them cleansing that board all the time and all, but you'd think if they have money to spread around on hiring people like JT then surely they could get someone to look in to it for them like a P.I. or whatever and that's assuming they are "too busy" to do it themselves. I'm sure they are busy to an extent but I really don't think they are as busy as people make them out to be, you always hear about bands complaining about road life being a lot of sitting around in hotels waiting etc. "So fine, AS LONG AS YOU'RE WAITING, take your laptop out (which you can also afford) and look in to it yourself!" Ya know? Eh well, waddayagonnado?

John
Old 05-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think the bottom line is the band is not going to do even the slightest thing they feel might jeopordize the tour or the harmony that exists between them right now. Ditto for management. As for them being insulated and not living in the real world, absolutely. I'm not dissing her at all but remember Stevie's funny comment on Leno about paper or plastic?
Old 05-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I think the bottom line is the band is not going to do even the slightest thing they feel might jeopordize the tour or the harmony that exists between them right now. Ditto for management.
Probably true.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree they wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the tour or their relationships which can always be described as tenuous......but I am not really shocked that Mick would associate with and do business with a person like Jonathan Todd. Mick has always been about the money. It is just unfortunate that a fan like Pip gets treated with such disrespect because of it.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
That's plain mean Polly! He ****ed with one of out people and he's going to pay!

HEY PIP - YOU GO GIRL!!!

--
Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.
Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)