The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How long can the band afford to ignore these insults and issues?

It's a credit to our devotion to this band that we haven't turned our backs.

I think it's gonna hit the fan soon. I believe in my heart that either Todd will be fired or Stevie and perhaps Lindsey will walk out on the tour. I'm not trying to claim that Stevie is outstanding fan advocate of the year (though perhaps she is - I don't know), but I single her out because she is usually so sensitive to any kind of controversial image that might harm her career. I can see her screaming that she hasn't avoided commenting on the Iraq war for the last several months only to have this fan club nonsense offend many people and blow up in her face. Something's coming.

Thanks for posting this e-mail.

- Jake
Old 05-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I do have a burning question though. Did we, the fan club and former fan club members pay for those people to attend the tour rehearsal in LA? Also, didn't they post their plane tickets or something in order to show they paid their own way?
That aspect disturbs me, too. Here we pay money to this fan club. The good fans get fleeced. Then these vile people get perks paid for with our money! I think the implications he made in his phone call to Louise speak for themselves. The whole thing's revolting! Still no words spoken from anyone representing the band. They still allow him to do all the talking for them. As far as I know, he's the only one they've blessed to speak to fans on their behalf. Guess that's because he's doing such a wonderful job? Baaarrrfff!

Last edited by glitter_fades; 05-23-2003 at 07:16 PM..
Old 05-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb AAAHH!!!!!

THAT MAN NEEDS TO BE PROSECUTED to the fullest extent of the law of the United States of America!!!!!!!

This is DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!! I know that Pip and Louise are AWESOME FM fans and would NEVER do ANYTHING to slander them and they would NOT lie about this, doubters out there, if any.

I pray to GOD that JT gets DEALT WITH and even if that means no more fan club or website, SO BE IT...we did JUST FINE without those before, we can go back to JUST THE FRICKIN MUSIC!!!!!!!!!

From our mouths to God's ears.....may JT be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From our mouths to God's ears.....may JT be FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help us see that he is....write to management..please everyone...take control of this and get him OUT....

Only WE can do it. It is up to US.....come on please .. Everyone...
Old 05-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This really makes me sick to my stomach. Pip, Louise...you guys are both really nice people and I can't believe the nerve of this two-bit ass-kisser. I really think that people ought to make signs to bring to their concerts. I think the band needs to know and I can't help but thinking that a lot of this has been going on over their heads or at least the heads of Stevie, Lindsey and probably John as well. I'm not a fan club member but I feel just as strongly about taking action as those of you who are members. I don't think that Stevie and Lindsey would stand for this kind of behavior and someone needs to show them what's been going on. It just isn't right.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
How long can the band afford to ignore these insults and issues?

It's a credit to our devotion to this band that we haven't turned our backs.

I'm so confused.

I want to support the Mac but don't want to ignore sh*t like this.

The guy bribes people with fan club money and gets away with it?

What the hell's going on?
Old 05-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All I can say is...

It just never ends, does it? If there is still ANYONE out there who feels the need to pledge allegiance to Jonathan Todd and mickfleetwood.com (excluding the two infamous SELLOUTS, of course), it will be a sad, sad thing indeed.

Tango made a good point-- by continuing to post on that joke of a board, you're lending support to Todd and his agenda, whether you intend to or not. The Fleetwood Mac online fan community got along just fine without that board. If you're registered there, I encourage you to delete your account. There are many, many other forums out there, as we all know. Lets make a statement by refusing to post there. OR, and possibly even better, post links to this thread. Repeatedly. As many times and in as many different topics as you can. Make the two sellout lapdogs spend their entire weekends deleting, deleting, and deleting some more. If you're pissed off, then make it count. And if you haven't done so already, check out those links Jan posted and file a few complaints. There ARE people who will listen. The CA Attorney General's office has recieved many complaints, and has responded. We CAN turn things around here, but not by silently agreeing. We have to do a little more.

Sorry for the rant-like post, but this is important. We need to send a clear message to Mr. Todd that this is NOT going to go away.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I love the pics Sara.

Quote:
Originally posted by SaraRhiannon

Tango made a good point-- by continuing to post on that joke of a board, you're lending support to Todd and his agenda, whether you intend to or not. The Fleetwood Mac online fan community got along just fine without that board.
You know Sara, he's reading us again. He just sent out a news letter. If you POST to his thread on Mick's board, you'll get a chance at a prize! Wooo Hooooo! Nothing to show for my PAID fan club membership, but he's GIVING stuff to people to get them to post on the board now. Coincidence? LOL!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nothing to show for my PAID fan club membership, but he's GIVING stuff to people to get them to post on the board now. Coincidence? LOL!
My God How Pitiful!!! But, the saddest part is that there are those who will post to get a prize...Hey, Doc, here is your chance to make your daddy voice heard!!! Go on over and get yourself an egyptian bracelet!!!

Last edited by seeknpeace; 05-23-2003 at 10:17 PM..
Old 05-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a chump who joined the fan club, I am doubly disgusted.

I would compare that man to a reptile, but reptile rights groups would likely sue me for defamation.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Don't forget!

Hey, you don't even get a prize for selling out your fellow fans! Remember, this guy parses his words better than Bill Clinton. He says "a chance" for a prize. Yeah, right! Where have I heard this before? Not in the original fan club agreement and emails...that's for sure! It was slipped in after the fact and sounded as dubious then as it does now.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What makes me laugh is I was sent that e-mail from him twice about the "contest." I followed the link to see that only like, 4 people responded. I hope no one else does. He can stick that in his pipe and smoke it!
Old 05-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default maybe someone can get a message to stevie

I seriously think the band has no clue as to what's been going on
with the fan club and all. but if stevie knows that even one of her fans are being mistreated she herself would get involved. i'm
sure she has some pull in the decision making. remember
this is the same woman that stood on stage in 1989 and said
to security ''if you **** with my people then i'm gonna get real
****in angry...i'm watching''
Old 05-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: maybe someone can get a message to stevie

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_nh
I seriously think the band has no clue as to what's been going on
with the fan club and all. but if stevie knows that even one of her fans are being mistreated she herself would get involved.
Please don't think I'm disrespecting your opinion. I just want people to be clear about one thing.

EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO CONTACT BAND MEMBERS THROUGH THEIR MANAGEMENT and these efforts started before the tour.

Several dozen people have called, written, emailed, etc. about the fan club and the conduct of the guy in charge. If you think they are unaware, please lend a hand and contact somebody. There's a thread about how to complain. Please read it and do what you can to help get the word to them. Any ideas on how to better let them know? I'm for any new thoughts on this. Maybe we've gone about it the wrong way? I don't think so, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Angry I'm soooooo angry right now...

That is so disgusting. What a creep. He gives head lice a good reputation. And I'm so sorry it's happened to such loyal, nice people. If he's not respectful of fans like Louise and Pip, he couldn't be respectful of ANYONE! It's just revolting. I'm very impressed by your e-mails to him, though. Well worded, thoughtful, not defamatory in any way. Just the facts, cause the facts are all you need. You guys have nothing to hide. Him on the other hand...well...I guess we'll see him implicate himself further in the future.

Melody

I believe I was definitely sent down here to take people away for a little while, to make them happy.
~Stevie Nicks, Musicians in Tune,1992

I'm not a player. I'm the dancer and singer. I just want to get up there and dance and twirl my baton.~Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, 1981

You know, when Lindsey and I go back and forth on the songs that were written between the two of us, for that moment, we are back in love again.
~Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, August 22, 1997