Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Lady Gaga or Shakira
Bad Romance 17 48.57%
She Wolf 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Registered

Okay- you're Lady Gaga. Your popularity continues to rise as you're touring North America. Problem is, you're booked into smaller theater-sized venues that have long since sold out, and there's no room on the schedule to add additional dates to capitalize on the fad that is your career.

What do you do, Gags, what DO you do?

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...010510.article

Add some new props/make the existing ones bigger to necessitate a move across town to a larger venue with less than 72 hours notice, of course! A win win! More money for LG, and more people get to see the FIERCE glittery sparkly things!! and hear some music or something... UNLESS you're one of the hundreds of fans who missed the email/news (over Christmas/New Years holidays) that you needed to purchase your tickets again! (again, these announcements were made on very short notice)

What a ****ty way to treat your fans. LG's folks are swearing up and down that this was all unforeseen- which, long story short, I know as a fact to be complete BS.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear ya Luke. I really hate to be a Debbie Downer. I know people like her, they enjoy her so, to each their own. I just can’t get over the self absorbed nonsense that she puts out. I’m at work right now so I can’t watch any you tube clips that are posted – but I think it was in this thread actually (maybe the clip that Daniella posted) Gaga talking about air conditioning .. then how she’s beginning to meet people and their like “oh, you’re Lady Gaga – you make dance music”, in which she replies “you’re telling me what I do.”, as if there is any real story there. It is like she is making controversy over nothing – to get the crowd to scream. She couldn’t be more annoying. As a DJ I play her music and I can get into it while at the club, but because of her, I like the music less and less, and it’s nothing I ever reach for. I change the dial fast anytime I hear her on the radio – that is how annoying I find her to be – and I hate to say that because I’m a true music lover but man, get over yourself Lady.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I hear ya Luke. I really hate to be a Debbie Downer. I know people like her, they enjoy her so, to each their own. I just can’t get over the self absorbed nonsense that she puts out. I’m at work right now so I can’t watch any you tube clips that are posted – but I think it was in this thread actually (maybe the clip that Daniella posted) Gaga talking about air conditioning .. then how she’s beginning to meet people and their like “oh, you’re Lady Gaga – you make dance music”, in which she replies “you’re telling me what I do.”, as if there is any real story there. It is like she is making controversy over nothing – to get the crowd to scream. She couldn’t be more annoying. As a DJ I play her music and I can get into it while at the club, but because of her, I like the music less and less, and it’s nothing I ever reach for. I change the dial fast anytime I hear her on the radio – that is how annoying I find her to be – and I hate to say that because I’m a true music lover but man, get over yourself Lady.
Somehow I suspect that self-absorbed and nonsensical is how Lady Gaga rolls/rolled, regardless of her stardom. She's definitely talented, if not more than a bit derivative (hello, Madonna Jr.). But she's definitely on another planet. On last night's "Launch My Line" on Bravo, LGG was asked about her fashion sense. And she basically replied something to the effect of, "well, it's all about shape, like, walking through a doorway... and coming through the other side... and you take on the shape of the door- that's who you are..." Huh? She's either a brilliant eccentric or just plain goofy. I suspect it's the latter moreso than the former...
Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the poll is closed, so i can't vote. but if it WEREN'T closed, i'd vote lady gaga. it's completely irrational and goes against everything i believe in, but i'm obsessed with her. i do like that she writes her own music and plays piano etc. but i'm connecting with her songs more than i have any other artist in a long time-excluding nicks, of course. honestly, sometimes i find myself listening to gaga more than nicks, lately, and it kinda scares me. i'm sure it's just a phase.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Somehow I suspect that self-absorbed and nonsensical is how Lady Gaga rolls/rolled, regardless of her stardom. She's definitely talented, if not more than a bit derivative (hello, Madonna Jr.). But she's definitely on another planet. On last night's "Launch My Line" on Bravo, LGG was asked about her fashion sense. And she basically replied something to the effect of, "well, it's all about shape, like, walking through a doorway... and coming through the other side... and you take on the shape of the door- that's who you are..." Huh? She's either a brilliant eccentric or just plain goofy. I suspect it's the latter moreso than the former...

I saw that too. WTF? And how cliche of her to choose red vinyl as her "inspiration" fabric for them.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember reading one time that someone commented on Interpol, stating something along the lines of: "Didn't Joy Division do this twenty years ago, and better?". And that is how I feel about Lady Gaga, because Madonna will always have that eccentric shocking place in pop music history, imo. Plus, i do believe there is a difference between creativity and trying everything you can to be different. Shakira on the other hand, , is one of favorite music artists. She is highly underrated as a simple belly dancer. But her last cd "Oral Fixation", is absolutely incredible (sans Hips Don't Lie). Shakira's lyrics are much more realistic and relate-able than Lady Gaga, who found popularity with the random spurts of English within her hit singles from her debut album. However, as previously stated, Lady Gaga is definitely great to dance to, outside of the dancefloor it is excessive and mostly commotion, imo.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to admit that I find this picture so endearing for some strange reason...
Old 01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

gah! it pains me that so many people don't like her. oh well. I've moved on to a GaGa board anyway. lol. she really makes me happy in the same way Stevie does so that's all that matters. I think she's great.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
gah! it pains me that so many people don't like her. oh well. I've moved on to a GaGa board anyway. lol. she really makes me happy in the same way Stevie does so that's all that matters. I think she's great.
Which Gaga board? I'll totally join. I love her. She's a total guilty pleasure for me but I just can't get enough of The Fame Monster.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

my husband just turned 49 this fall~ never listens to top 40~ i am lucky to ever get him to listen to someone new~ there are only 3 bands that when they came out new he actually liked & plays~ matchbox 20, wallflowers & oasis~

but he totally floored me when he was watching the grammys w./ me & watched gaga w/ elton john~ we are both long time elton fans, so he thought he would actually stay in the room & listen~

he loved gaga, i was dying~ if you new or even saw my hubby, you would never peg him as someone who'd even know who gaga is~
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gaga wins my vote hands down. Shakira definitely has some moves but her warbly vocals kill it for me everytime. Painful to listen to really...whereas Gaga has a great voice. I also dismissed Gaga immediately as mere pop fluff but was pleasantly surprised when I heard her sing live on the VMAs and realized this whack chick can sing!

Tim
Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Greyson Chance Singing Paparazzi

This video has become an internet sensation. Today he was on the Ellen Show and GaGa telephoned in to compliment him.
Here's the video from Ellen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4UeeHLJwLg

Last edited by vivfox; 05-13-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i heard this & thought it must be a rumour, but it wasn't~ lady gaga spent christmas in omaha, my hometown & where i still live~

http://www.omaha.com/article/2010122...its-we-go-gaga