The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #106  
Old 02-14-2020, 02:10 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hahahahhahahaaa it's the LB fanatics who destroy the peace around here and will continue to bash Stevie at every turn.


Okay Ms/Mr Mod, whatever you say ahhahahahahhahhahahahaa. Without Stevie this site would be dead. Without Stevie, FM would be where they were in 1995. Her unique nasal voice is the golden egg of FM.
I don't agree with most of the premises of Viv's post but the last line, [getting ready to duck the rotten tomatoes coming my way] is probably valid regarding the vast majority of the public. Say what you will, Homer, but I am first and foremost a fan of the *band* and the chemistry that comes from the Rumours5, and always have been. For that reason I feel Stevie's songs aren't the same without Lindsey's input, and Lindsey's songs aren't the same without Stevie singing on them. That said, with Lindsey out of the band now, Viv is right, Stevie is the golden egg that draws the majority fans to live shows (degraded voice and all), despite the significant numbers of Chris fans.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-14-2020 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hahahahhahahaaa it's the LB fanatics who destroy the peace around here and will continue to bash Stevie at every turn.


Okay Ms/Mr Mod, whatever you say ahhahahahahhahhahahahaa. Without Stevie this site would be dead. Without Stevie, FM would be where they were in 1995. Her unique nasal voice is the golden egg of FM.
there you go - exhibit A. you just proved my point.

and, the posts most chiffs cannot deal with and keep complaining about are actually by Chris fans and not LB fanatics, so wrong on that account too.

the site is not dead (as much as sites like this can survive in the era of social media), even though most people left here are not pure chiffs and are unhappy with Stevie. and no, chiff stans who come here to moan and complain and scold all the time , longing for the "good ole days" of Stevie worship and Lindsey bashing, are not keeping the site alive, they are just making it negative.

and for 1000th time, nobody argues about the chiff queen being the band's golden egg. especially now when she managed to get rid of LB.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-14-2020, 04:13 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't agree with most of the premises of Viv's post but the last line, [getting ready to duck the rotten tomatoes coming my way] is probably valid regarding the vast majority of the public. Say what you will, Homer, but I am first and foremost a fan of the *band* and the chemistry that comes from the Rumours5, and always have been. For that reason I feel Stevie's songs aren't the same without Lindsey's input, and Lindsey's songs aren't the same without Stevie singing on them. That said, with Lindsey out of the band now, Viv is right, Stevie is the golden egg that draws the majority fans to live shows (degraded voice and all), despite the significant numbers of Chris fans.
I agree with your sentiment. Dreams (studio) is still a song I stop and listen to the 3 voices AND I'm in awe of some of the things ALL 3 writers have done.

My point is that I won't bow just because she is the most popular. What $he pulled after Musicares makes her a piece of garbage, in my opinion. I don't even blame Mick as must as most people. His job is to keep Fleetwood Mac together. It's his job. He did his job with a gun to his head. Miss Pretension Superstar ego megalomaniac Nicks is the one that held the gun. Way to use your power, $tevie. Way to be a great human being.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-14-2020 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-14-2020, 05:02 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree with your sentiment. Dreams (studio) is still a song I stop and listen to the 3 voices AND I'm in awe of some of the things ALL 3 writers have done.

My point is that I won't bow just because she is the most popular. What $he pulled after Musicares makes her a piece of garbage, in my opinion. I don't even blame Mick as must as most people. His job is to keep Fleetwood Mac together. It's his job. He did his job with a gun to his head. Miss Pretension Superstar ego megalomaniac Nicks is the one that held the gun. Way to use your power, $tevie. Way to be a great human being.
oh i do blame Mick. if his job is to keep the band together he miserably failed and helped the band's fracture.

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate, instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-14-2020, 05:57 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh i do blame Mick. if his job is to keep the band together he miserably failed and helped the band's fracture.

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate, instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
I do agree he could have taken his time and let things die down. But, I suspect the Goat's Mgmt went to the promoters and blew things up that even Mick couldn't do damage control. Which forced him to start lying for Goat and tow the company line.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-14-2020 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate, instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
This is really interesting. It's a very possible theory. So, starting with the premise that Mick loves money. Stevie is $tevie (so I understand she loves money too). But Mick supposedly does his job, trying to keep the band together (but loves money above all things, right?). Question, do you guys think that, if some big corporation, or millionaire, offers Mick TONS of money, (and of course offers the whole band) to go again on tour (Rumours lineup of course), do you think he could find the way to mediate, and convince the band to reunite and go on the road?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh i do blame Mick. if his job is to keep the band together he miserably failed and helped the band's fracture.

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate,
That hasnít been Mickís job since 1980. That was Irvingís job. Mick plays drums and keeps the band going. Maybe donít take a passive aggressive dump on Irvingís big show and heíll continue doing his job.

Quote:
instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
Or, maybe he had gotten sick of Lindsey and being around the drama. That has to get old.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-14-2020, 09:03 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or, maybe he had gotten sick of Lindsey and being around the drama. That has to get oldd.
it does.

but apparently not for Mick if he keeps bowing down to the main drama queen in that band.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-14-2020, 09:06 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That hasnít been Mickís job since 1980.
you seem to be confused about various jobs - yes, Mick is not band's manager.

you may disagree with him, but Mick states that keeping that band together and going is his role in every interview he gives.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you seem to be confused about various jobs - yes, Mick is not band's manager.

you may disagree with him, but Mick states that keeping that band together and going is his role in every interview he gives.
Well, you only selectively quoted me.

Quote:
That hasn’t been Mick’s job since 1980. That was Irving’s job. Mick plays drums and keeps the band going. Maybe don’t take a passive aggressive dump on Irving’s big show and he’ll continue doing his job.
Mick’s job isn’t to be the mediator. That’s Irving’s job. Mick plays drums and finds a way for the band to move forward.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:39 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
  #116  
Old 02-15-2020, 02:49 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Back to this idee fixe. Who cares about a corporate jerkoff like Azoff? Lindsey's attitude to those shows was the correct one. Azoff is the prototypical sleazy promoter/music exec making millions off other people's work. If it wasn't for Lindsey and bands like FM making music, what would Azoff promote? I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would take the promoter's side. Bowing to corporate interests is actually what artists should do...right.

I've never seen anything really good come out of Azoff's involvement, and his role in Ticketmaster/Live Nation tells you everything you need to know about Azoff. So not hard to side against him about anything. He ain't exactly David Geffen.

And I do agree that Azoff had a lot to do with Lindsey's firing. But that shows what a sleazeball he is. He's a band wrecker.
This is exactly how I feel. I think sleezy Nicks took it out of the band's hands and went right for the the jugular. I'm willing to bet Mick had a gun to his head.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; Yesterday at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-16-2020, 06:30 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is exactly how I feel. I'm willing to bet Mick
How honorable of you.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; Yesterday at 08:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
How honorable of you.
Much appreciated.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly
$22.5
Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly picture1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944 picture1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942
$19.88
1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942 picture1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946 picture1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945
$19.88
1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved