The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dream set list for a farewell tour would have to be 90 minutes of silence. Crap, I said that aloud didn’t I? Oops.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
My dream set list for a farewell tour would have to be 90 minutes of silence. Crap, I said that aloud didn’t I? Oops.

Having said that, you must admit you would pay for a Stevie Nicks concert.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

Having said that, you must admit you would pay for a Stevie Nicks concert.
I saw her on New Years Eve, ONLY because it was FREE, and 3 blocks from my house.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like her to finish out with a final small, intimate show in a theater or club, where she wasn't belting out big and loud to a large audience. I'd like it to be filmed and performed almost like in a small jazz club or something where the performer feels like they are performing for close friends and not for a screaming arena full of strangers. Her music at its best is intimate and personal and I've always wished she had done that kind of small intimate show. Her storytellers show came the closest to that vibe, but none of her tours really have. She should have her early musicians-- Roy Bittan, Benmont, Sharon and Lori and her, around a piano with maybe drums and bass and not much else.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She ruined it all. She can't really sing anymore. These geriatric stars are addicted to the fame, though. Being on stage makes them feel like... viable product.

Bless her heart(that's southern for **** ***).
You recently mentioned she has a 2 octave range. I'll take that or a one octave range as long as she continues to tour. Believe me, most hardcore fans are bored sheetless with the same set of songs but it really is still such a thrill to see her live. She has a uniqueness that fans flock to see just to be a part of her magic. And she continues to have that magic at all her concerts, even when one is bored with hearing a song for the umpteenth time.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You recently mentioned she has a 2 octave range. I'll take that or a one octave range as long as she continues to tour. Believe me, most hardcore fans are bored sheetless with the same set of songs but it really is still such a thrill to see her live. She has a uniqueness that fans flock to see just to be a part of her magic. And she continues to have that magic at all her concerts, even when one is bored with hearing a song for the umpteenth time.
You sir, are full of goat doody!!!

I have NEVER said that $he had a two OCTAVE range!(or if I did, believe me, it was a joke!) $he's never had a two octave range.

You know, unless you're confusing two octave range with a three NOTE range.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'd like her to finish out with a final small, intimate show in a theater or club, where she wasn't belting out big and loud to a large audience. I'd like it to be filmed and performed almost like in a small jazz club or something where the performer feels like they are performing for close friends and not for a screaming arena full of strangers. Her music at its best is intimate and personal and I've always wished she had done that kind of small intimate show. Her storytellers show came the closest to that vibe, but none of her tours really have. She should have her early musicians-- Roy Bittan, Benmont, Sharon and Lori and her, around a piano with maybe drums and bass and not much else.
I think that’s a great idea.
She could use her voice in a quieter way, without her voice being so strident,
she would have a greater range. She would sound fabulous in a bluesy, jazzy, folksy club.
Film it and release it.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dreams
What Are You Doing in My Life?
Rock and Roll
That's Alright
It's Only Love
Illume
Sable on Blond
Ya'akov Hatamim
Mable Normand
Sorcerer
Yesterdays
Races Are Run
Save It for Later
Ooh My Love
Street Angel
Big Time
Sara
In the City
Everyday People
My Cherie Amour

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2020, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As I hate to see this day but I really do think the live full shows for her should end. A one off of doing Landslide every know and then is fine but it’s time to retire from the live performances. I know Stevie likes to stay busy which does keep her young. I think it’s time to focus on the other stuff......recording,writing,drawing etc...
Old 01-26-2020, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
That's what VH-1 Storytellers was (available here): https://mega.nz/#F!lMpDxCZB!jare-OPipfvPhe28dI15Qg
Old 01-26-2020, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
That's what VH-1 Storytellers was (available here): https://mega.nz/#F!lMpDxCZB!jare-OPipfvPhe28dI15Qg
yes, that's why I mentioned it, but there was such an emphasis on talking about each song there....and we know how she gets carried away. And she still stuck mostly to the big hits overall. It should be a real show (without the stops and starts for better takes and more talking etc etc) that runs from start to finish (just film it over several nights to get the best takes rather than stopping and starting). A show like at the Carlisle Room would be awesome.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As I hate to see this day but I really do think the live full shows for her should end. A one off of doing Landslide every know and then is fine but it’s time to retire from the live performances. I know Stevie likes to stay busy which does keep her young. I think it’s time to focus on the other stuff......recording,writing,drawing etc...
Your opinion of her retiring is hilarious. Yes it would be sooo nice if she would retire her live show and spend her golden years singing songs she has never done live before. And the ultimate dream would be a different set of songs each show. And then release the Rhiannon soundtrack with songs recorded in the 1970's and her journals without anything edited out. But as a Stevie Nicks fan my fairy tale will never come true. It's gonna be the same ole live show until she drops dead on some stage somewhere in 2054 when she's 95 and dies.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Your opinion of her retiring is hilarious. Yes it would be sooo nice if she would retire her live show and spend her golden years singing songs she has never done live before. And the ultimate dream would be a different set of songs each show. And then release the Rhiannon soundtrack with songs recorded in the 1970's and her journals without anything edited out. But as a Stevie Nicks fan my fairy tale will never come true. It's gonna be the same ole live show until she drops dead on some stage somewhere in 2054 when she's 95 and dies.
so sad, and so true. Though jeebus I hope she's not performing THAT long. She'll look like the crypt keeper. Hopefully someone will spike her prune juice enough for her to see sense. I just don't want to see her like poor old Bette Davis.