Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fall TV Shows

So… what's everyone watching this fall? New shows, old shows, cable shows, network shows, all shows.

I am watching:

Sons of Anarchy (the final season)
The Mindy Project (because Mindy Kaling is hilarious)
Big Bang Theory (really just feel obligated to stay with it… not as funny as it used to be)
Homeland (premiering this weekend!)
Old 09-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm kind of OD'ing on television at the moment. The TV is always on when I'm home regardless of what I'm doing so I can keep up with something. I'm always recording something, downloading something or watching it on a networks web site.

I adore documentaries. My favorites are those dealing with animals and history. I know better than to watch the animal documentaries because there's a pretty strong chance I'll end up bawling like a 2 year old because one of the animals die so I try to keep those to a minimum if I can. The National Geographic Yellowstone wolf documentaries left me devastated.

I'm addicted to Investigation Discovery and watch a good deal of that.

As for scripted shows:

The Blacklist (I don't believe I could love James Spader any more than I do in this show)
Person of Interest
Forever
Legends
Sleepy Hollow
Scorpion (I liked the pilot enough to want to stick around for another episode or two at least)
Matador (I ended up liking this more than I thought I would)
The Bridge (US version but I adore the original Bron Broen as well as the UK version)
Please Like Me (Australian, I look forward to this every single week, such an amazing show)
Plebs (UK)
The Code (Australian)
Republic of Doyle (Canadian, starting its final season 15th October)
Manhattan (I can't help it, I love history and am a big fan of Ashley Zukerman from his days on the Aussie show "Rush")

I'll be watching Supernatural, The Walking Dead (my German Shepherd loves this show--he likes to bark and growl at the zombies, I can't imagine why!) and White Collar when they all come back for fall. Constantine is a new show that will be starting up next month. I watched the pilot several weeks ago and liked it enough to want to try the full series and see just where they take it.

My guilty pleasures:
Bob's Burgers (I love animation and this show absolutely makes me forget my crappy day)
The Strain and Z Nation (both of these shows are amazingly bad but that's why I keep watching them: to see just how much worse they can get and they don't disappoint).

I'm positive there's more than I watch on a regular basis but my old lady brain just isn't remembering it at the moment. I will basically give any show a shot if it sounds like it has an interesting story line. What sells me is a strong story, strong writing and characters I can care about. If I can't find any of that I go back to my documentaries and ID.

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Homeland - So cant wait for this season to start. One of the best shows out there right now.
American Horror Story - cant wait for the Freakshow to start!
Nashville - I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I just want Deacon and Rayna together already! Ugh!
Dallas - I hope it comes back for another season.

Guilty Pleasures:
Total Divas
Kendra on Top
Below Deck
Old 10-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only current show I will catch is the Voice when Stevie appears.

I'm not into the new shows on TV. Screw the reality crap unless Stevie and FM star on one.

I've been mostly watching classic TV shows on Youtube the last few weeks.

The latest show was the Andy Griffith show.Most of the series is up on YT.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am totally hooked on The Voice. Everyone in the house knows that I am unavailable on Monday and Tuesday nights between 7 and 9pm. (And I have 4 teenagers, 2 dogs, a cat and a guinea pig.) Probably more so this season because I know that Stevie is coming!!!! Yipppppeeeeee.

I also watch Big Bang Theory.

Last night I caught the series premiere of Stalked, and it was pretty darn good. May have to find some time to continue with that.

Homeland, Downton Abby, American Horror Story (if it's not too scary) and Modern Family are ones that I watch online when I can.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not a big TV person, never have been but I'm disabled and having a particularly rough year so lots of time on my hands. Don't have cable but I do watch a lot of Netflix.

So lately I've been into-
Madame Secretary (I was a Middle East Studies and Poli Sci major, love foreign policy, used to dream of working as some sort of advisor or underling to the Secretary of State so this is right up my alley)
Grey's Anatomy (but waiting for Season 10 to be puton Netflix!!!)
Orange is the New Black
Switched at Birth
The Fosters
Life Unexpected
Nurse Jackie

Also sort of watching The Simpsons because I got addicted to the app game Simpsons Tapped Out but its on at the same darn time as Madame Secretary! Have been thinking about checking out Bob's Burgers on Netflix so thank you Saintbernard- if it helps you forget about crappy days, I'm totally in!

I'm also a big documentary fan, watch all kinds of stuff and Netflix is great for that. PBS Frontline is probably my favorite as far as TV documentary goes.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aquarius
Homeland (season 4)
Red Band Society
The Newsroom (season 3)
Parks and Recreation (season 7)
This Is England '90

Last edited by He's So Unusual; 10-14-2014 at 07:24 PM..
Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Shows that are currently on, though I'm behind for some:
The Mindy Project
The Blacklist
Sleepy Hollow
Castle
The Good Wife
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Madam Secretary
Big School
Nashville
The Code
Parenthood
Scandal
How To Get Away With Murder
Law & Order: SVU
Bob's Burgers

And non-scripted that are on right now, as always:
Never Mind The Buzzcocks
Have I Got News For You
QI
Would I Lie To You
Googlebox

And shows which need to hurry up and return because I can't re-watch forever...
The Fall
Black Mirror
Happy Valley
Outlander
The Last Leg
White Collar
Hannibal
Broad City
Parks & Rec
Elementary
Veep
Orange Is The New Black
Orphan Black
The Fosters

Yes, this is exactly what it looks like; I have no life. This is ignoring me constantly going back and watching Outnumbered or ABoF&L or Firefly or Lie To Me or House MD or The X-Files or Morecambe & Wise or something else...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 AM

I've long waited for American horror story: Freakshow, and the last week I've finally been pleased!
It surprise me that no one from this forum mentioned it, I thought that with Stevie's last year cameo more FM fans would have been hooked.

Beside AHS, the only other new shows that I watch are The Voice (of Italy) and New Girl.

The old shows I always watch if they are aired (and almost all of them are aired every year)
are:
Law & Order: SVU
C.S.I (with Grissom)
C.S.I NY
Poirot/Miss Marple
Will and Grace
Cold Case
How I met your mother (until season 6 because after Zoey it wasn't much funny anymore)
Scrubs
Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Revenge - Love this show! Though the last two seasons have kinda gone off the rails; I appreciate its Dumas sense of morality and intrigue.

Red Band Society - Team PROM! It's cute. Probably f'd up but I love a good teenage love triangle drama (I AM a Fleetwood Mac fan after all).

Gotham - It's probably rotten, but the town's mob godfather is played by Rodrigo Borgia (from BORGIA!! not to be confused with The Boringas on Showtime)

How to Get Away with Murder - Probably the worst thing I've ever seen--so I keep watching it to see how awful it will get... and then it keeps getting more inane. Why do people love this crazy woman's work?!

Not sure if I'm currently keeping up with anything else that is still on air: Dallas, Finding Carter (both terrific!) all recently had their series and season finales respectively.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still on catch up of back seasons watching the BBC BritCom DOC MARTIN (shown on PBS here)

CBS screwed up my viewing schedule this fall by moving NCIS:LA. But, still watching the original NCIS and the new NCIS: NOLA. Plus, CRIMINAL MINDS

I really want to watch that new Tia Leone series MADAM SECRETARY...watched the debut episode & really liked it, but it's time slot conflicts with my mom's fave show, "Long Island Medium" on Sunday nights (& no, we don't have a DVR ).

That's pretty much it. In the past couple of seasons I've dropped "Castle" & "Bones". Will probably catch up on those seasons once they've been canceled & gone into Syndication.

I watch the Denver Broncos games when they're shown in SoCal. And, gearing up for the upcoming NBA season and the LA Lakers (yeah, they're "rebuilding", so not much hope for another championship anytime soon...but, still root for them even in the down years).

Overall my TV viewing has diminished by about 80% since my dad passed in February.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
How to Get Away with Murder - Probably the worst thing I've ever seen--so I keep watching it to see how awful it will get... and then it keeps getting more inane. Why do people love this crazy woman's work?!
I feel the same way. I've been watching this and I don't really like it… but I feel like so many people are watching it that I have to keep watching it too. If that makes any sense!