User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I think Stevie put up with the Tusk dancing and also the Say Goodbye staring. I don't think she hated it. But I don't think it was her cup of tea.
I'm going to pretend like I didn't read this and keep believing that the "Say Goodbye" stares were Lindsey and Stevie's agreed-upon way to relive their lost romance on stage every night. Yes, I'm going to continue to go with that.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
We were in the front row of the next to last SYW tour. Lindsey was practically bawling from the emotion and she looked pretty choked up, too. It was a really lovely momen.

Now, history has rewritten itself once again. SYW was ****. This Greatest Hits tour is okeedokee.

Whatever. I have a feeling they should all be on medication. The good, non-addictive kind, if there is such a thing.

And Mick and wine...well, that's interesting.
Along with the medication, it would be nice if they didn't continue to be passive-aggressive toward each other, but I guess that ain't happening either.

I can't wait to hear a year from now Stevie telling the press how horrible this tour was too!

Still hope springs eternal for one last album.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I'm going to pretend like I didn't read this and keep believing that the "Say Goodbye" stares were Lindsey and Stevie's agreed-upon way to relive their lost romance on stage every night. Yes, I'm going to continue to go with that.

I just had to smile reading this....
Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, the big sequencing fight. I think it colored a lot. I'd really love to know the details of what they were fighting ove exactly. Obviously, we know what the result was. Lindsey must have been like, "They're in Hawaii and I'm here. I'm the decider."

So, we get the album starting off with What's the World Coming To, Murrow and then Illume. And although this had nothing to do with the tour (except for the inclusion of WTWCT in the setlist), I do think it created a bad vibe that lingered. Michele

I agree. These details elude me. I have no idea of anything except for the double album became one (at Lindsey's ultimate say, as per Destiny Rules) and that they argued over the title of the album (which is seen in those unused clips from Destiny Rules).

So what, exactly, was the argument and when did it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
We were in the front row of the next to last SYW tour. Lindsey was practically bawling from the emotion and she looked pretty choked up, too. It was a really lovely momen.
I've heard tale of their emotions at the end of the tour. So what IS the real story? Is it told in "Cast Away Dreams"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Still hope springs eternal for one last album.
A-frickin'-men!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-13-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

Seriously, I don't care how in love you are, who could stare at someone else like that for 4 minutes straight throughout 135 shows? That was the stupidest thing I ever saw. I always point out that the plot of Reversal of Fortune II was that Sunny Von Bulow emerged from her coma, attended a SYW show, witnessed Say Goodbye and was catatonic again in an instant. This time for good. Anthony Hopkins will play Lindsey in the movie.

That's not to say that I don't think Stevie was moved during Say Goodbye. I think she often was. I particularly think at the end when Lindsey started adding things onto the intro that she got choked up. She said that often Say Goodbye, Beautiful Child and Goodbye Baby were the hardest songs for her to sing emotionally and I believe her.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I agree. These details elude me. I have no idea of anything except for the double album became one (at Lindsey's ultimate say, as per Destiny Rules) and that they argued over the title of the album (which is seen in those unused clips from Destiny Rules).

So what, exactly, was the argument and when did it happen?
We don't know what it was, but I guess it culminated when the others went to Hawaii and Lindsey was back in California putting on the final album touches. So they argued over track sequencing. I assume they argued over the SYW tour setlist.

Stevie said they argue over pictures too, so I guess if we'd gotten a tour book or any new photography this year that would have caused more turmoil as well.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously, I don't care how in love you are, who could stare at someone else like that for 4 minutes straight throughout 135 shows? That was the stupidest thing I ever saw. I always point out that the plot of Reversal of Fortune II was that Sunny Von Bulow emerged from her coma, attended a SYW show, witnessed Say Goodbye and was catatonic again in an instant. This time for good. Anthony Hopkins will play Lindsey in the movie.

That's not to say that I don't think Stevie was moved during Say Goodbye. I think she often was. I particularly think at the end when Lindsey started adding things onto the intro that she got choked up. She said that often Say Goodbye, Beautiful Child and Goodbye Baby were the hardest songs for her to sing emotionally and I believe her.

Michele
Yeah, I agree its not practical. "Silver Springs" on the Dance felt more real because it was for only a portion of the song, not the entire thing... but mosty, the natures of the songs are just so different. I just need to believe (yes, its a necessity) that the tragic love survives, dang it! So that last bit you wrote makes me feel better.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"At first I thought that was a little rude," says Nicks. "I don't think I saw a lot of humour. But now I kinda can." Indeed, those lines are emblazoned on the T-shirts being sold on the Greatest Hits tour.

What the hell, Stevie, you know you banged everyone.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Ledgie

I have to agree with everyone who said that they found it hard to believe that Stevie had that hard of a time during the SYW tour. It was a long tour. I honestly feel like every time I saw the course of that long tour, Stevie always seemed to be in a great mood. I think, by the end, it was probably exhausting to her. She and Lindsey probably started fighting more. It's funny because I think that Stevie tends to really focus on certain events and "forgets" other events conveniently. I could really see her focusing on the end and just how "miserable" she was maybe the last two months and not focus on the other 16 or something. It's the drama queen in her. Cory's tour blog seemed to portray a lot of antics, giggling, goofing around with Stevie (especially over seas). Now, i'm not her and who's to say when someone's putting just putting on a brave front. That's just the feeling I get. Stevie just being Stevie.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Interview: Fleetwood Mac
"Think of me sweet darling, every time you don't come," goes the song about one of Buckingham's ex-girlfriends. The actress Anne Heche? "Possibly," grins the puckish guitarist, "possibly. Yes, Stevie didn't like me doing that song. She left the stage." At the end of the tour Nicks vowed never to work with Buckingham again.
lol Is this the first time he's (kinda) confirmed it's about Heche?

Also, the more I read about the making of Tango, the more I feel sorry for Lindsey. No wonder he walked out after it.

Anyway, thanks for the article HejiraNYC
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Also, the more I read about the making of Tango, the more I feel sorry for Lindsey. No wonder he walked out after it.
Yes, I would like to read more about the making of Tango.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Buh-buh BORING interview, as usual.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

It was on the first leg of the 'Say You Will Tour', near the end of the concert, and Lindsey went to rest his head on Stevie's back, and she mouthed 'I don't think so' to the audience about 3 times so we'd know for sure what she was saying, and stepped aside. I'm pretty sure it was the 2nd night of 2 that they played in Worcester, Mass. Her expression was world-weary and bemused, but she also seemed to mean it: "I don't think so. Don't you dare try to do that resting your head on my back bit"
She seemed noticeably happier at the later Bridgeport, CT and Hartford CT shows, especially the Hartford show. But on the first leg of the tour, the 2 shows I saw, she did seem really miserable. Maybe she was never comfortable performing the new songs from SYW, and Lindsey was comfortable, and even added 'Red Rover' when Ledgies requested he do so. Much as some of us begged for 'Thrown Down' or 'EFO', they never got added! Just 'DR' and RTTG' got thrown out!
Many have pointed out that they have the opinion Lindsey sometimes is jealous of SN's popularity with concert-goers, but I wonder now if maybe SN is jealous of LB as well, for his ability to adapt to new material with comfort. I bet, maybe, that was part of the trouble between them. He's flexible, and she maybe felt a bit inadequate that she was unable to muster the courage to perform 'TD', 'EFO' or any of the more demanding songs she had on the SYW release. Lindsey sure didn't choose the 'easy' songs to perform from the album. I have a feeling he would have been willing to play any or all of the new material.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
It was on the first leg of the 'Say You Will Tour', near the end of the concert, and Lindsey went to rest his head on Stevie's back, and she mouthed 'I don't think so' to the audience about 3 times so we'd know for sure what she was saying, and stepped aside. I'm pretty sure it was the 2nd night of 2 that they played in Worcester, Mass. Her expression was world-weary and bemused, but she also seemed to mean it: "I don't think so. Don't you dare try to do that resting your head on my back bit"
Could've just been 'cause Lindsey was sweaty.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Could've just been 'cause Lindsey was sweaty.
Yeah, I don't think she minds that.

Michele