User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Yeah, that bootleg is SO bad (sound qualitywise) that I keep trying to forget it exists. (they also do "I Loved Another Woman" on that one, too...I wish it was a better recording)
They do "Bad Loser" too. And, "I Loved Another Woman" is radically different from any other live version I've heard...it's a Bob/Chris duet.

It's a shame about the sound quality. That bootleg has one of the most unique Fleetwood Mac set lists I've ever seen.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
YouSendIt does ask for an e-mail address, but all it does is send an e-mail with a link to the webpage to which you upload your file! When I use YouSendIt, I usually just put in my own e-mail address and then post the link to the file here on the Ledge.
OK cool, thanks, I'll give it a try!

John
Old 01-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
They do "Bad Loser" too. And, "I Loved Another Woman" is radically different from any other live version I've heard...it's a Bob/Chris duet.

It's a shame about the sound quality. That bootleg has one of the most unique Fleetwood Mac set lists I've ever seen.

Yeah...that's what is so frustrating about that one.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
OK well the Rapidshare link didn't work & Yousendit looks like a page to e mail them. I mean, you guys can PM me your e mail addresses if you want, but I thought it'd be easier to post it here or some site that would post it & give the link. Either way is fine with me but I'd imagine it'd be easier for all to see in one place rather than sending multiple e mails, y'know?

John
Perhaps you can upload it as a torrent file?? Not sure how that works. Recently I have only been downloading torrent files with the search engines isohunt.com, thepiratebay.org and torrentspy.com. I use Azureus as downloading software. I just tried to upload a video file, but can't find it when I look for it. Maybe somebody else can give you more information on that.

Anyway, I hope somehow us lot that are interested wish we can get a hold of it.

BTW How does this Rapidshare and Yousendit work for those who want to download?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I hope I can get more guidance too. I tried Yousendit but it said the file can't be bigger than 1 MB & the MPEG I created for "The bigger the love" was 175 MB so no doubt the 1973 one will be twice as big (since there's 2 songs). Do I use DVD Shrink to shrink the MPEG? I'm sure there'll be software I can shrink it with but I don't know if it'll let me shrink it from 175 to 1! Any ideas on this I'm happy to try but the ideas need to be explained as well.

John
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope I can get more guidance too. I tried Yousendit but it said the file can't be bigger than 1 MB & the MPEG I created for "The bigger the love" was 175 MB so no doubt the 1973 one will be twice as big (since there's 2 songs). Do I use DVD Shrink to shrink the MPEG? I'm sure there'll be software I can shrink it with but I don't know if it'll let me shrink it from 175 to 1! Any ideas on this I'm happy to try but the ideas need to be explained as well.

John
NO!! I have posted stuff on yousendit before that has been over 100 MB! You can do it...it will let you!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
You got it. Hypnotized s one of the coolest songs going.
Hell yes! That's exactly the song I had in mind when I posted.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
NO!! I have posted stuff on yousendit before that has been over 100 MB! You can do it...it will let you!
Well OK, I'll give it a try again tonight but I let it run for 2 hours last night (& I have DSL, not dial up) & it still hadn't connected/attached/sent/whatever.

John
Old 01-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well OK, I'll give it a try again tonight but I let it run for 2 hours last night (& I have DSL, not dial up) & it still hadn't connected/attached/sent/whatever.
175 MB is a huge file, so it very well might take more than two hours to upload to their server. Maybe let it go overnight. Start uploading when you go to bed and it will surely be finished by the time you wake up.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say this '74 recording from Chicago people are talking about. I have one that SAYS it's 11-8-74 New York. Is this the same one? because mine sounds pretty good I think.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Say this '74 recording from Chicago people are talking about. I have one that SAYS it's 11-8-74 New York. Is this the same one? because mine sounds pretty good I think.
No.

There are three widely circulated boots from 1974.
The one you have is from Ultrasonic Studios, Hempstead, NY (I think that 11-8-74, is in UK format, it was recorded August 11th, not November 8th). There's another called Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? (and also goes by Bermuda Triangle in a truncated form) recorded at the Record Plant (some boots say "Sausalito", some say "Los Angeles"). Both of those were recorded for radio broadcast (therefore the high quality of the sound), neither was an actual "open to the public" concert, though. The Chicago boot, however, IS an audience recording of an actual concert...a VERY poor quality recording.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

John
Oh yea..well 2 hrs is normal if it is as large as you say it is! Just let it run until it loads...
Old 01-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
No.

There are three widely circulated boots from 1974.
The one you have is from Ultrasonic Studios, Hempstead, NY (I think that 11-8-74, is in UK format, it was recorded August 11th, not November 8th). There's another called Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? (and also goes by Bermuda Triangle in a truncated form) recorded at the Record Plant (some boots say "Sausalito", some say "Los Angeles"). Both of those were recorded for radio broadcast (therefore the high quality of the sound), neither was an actual "open to the public" concert, though. The Chicago boot, however, IS an audience recording of an actual concert...a VERY poor quality recording.
Yeah, I really like the quality of the show I have.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
YouSendIt does ask for an e-mail address, but all it does is send an e-mail with a link to the webpage to which you upload your file! When I use YouSendIt, I usually just put in my own e-mail address and then post the link to the file here on the Ledge.
If all goes right, how can we get access to the file?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
If all goes right, how can we get access to the file?
John can post the link to the page with the file here. Files uploaded to YouSendIt are good for 30 days or 25 downloads, whichever occurs first.