User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Nice to know. Hate is a strong word. Connecting through music brings a lot of us together, especially when we have other differences driving us apart.
Just like five fireflies.

Oh wait, four.

Nevermind...
Old 08-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Oh wait, four.

Nevermind...

Excellent point! Why oh why couldn't it have turned out differently?!
Old 08-17-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Oh wait, four.

Nevermind...
That’s one of the things that I’m most puzzled about on this board. How are YOU not at least somewhat excited about the musical potential aspect of all of this. This “it’s too late to start over now” attitude is such Bull****. There’s no proof whatsoever that this tour could be INCREDIBLE and maybe even far better then the 5 fireflies.

Sure it’s too late for it to “matter” necessarily in music history or this “legacy” everyone keeps crying about like we should give a **** about their legacy or that their legacy hasn’t long being written

But this is such a gift to diehard fans, assuming they’re not primarily fans of the fireflies being together. A fan of the entire history of the band can see Lindsey play a 20 song set in the fall and then see a 25 song set by FM in the winter (or closer together for some) even with some cross over that’s 35-40+ different songs we get to hear live in 2018!

And yes I know some would say “Its just oh so much better when these 5 musical soulmates share a stage” but that just hasn’t been reality since 1982, and i didn’t think you were one of those people anyway.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I've always admired the achievements of Arthur Terry Dafter, lately Director of Adult Social Care, Stockport Council, for his services to children's and adult social care, Joe. He's a cut above. I think he could bring something special to Fleetwood Mac, too.
There are certainly some 'adult children' he could care for in the band. Good luck Arthur Dafter (best Rock n Roll name ever)--although I hear he may be fired and replaced with 'Edward Clancy', known for his 'services to cycling' (ol' Arthur Dafter lacked that signature Lindsey finesse for giving speeches about 'cycles').