Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default TISL Acetate

Does anyone have the TISL acetate that would be willing to upload or mail a CD copy of it? I've got MP3s of the tracks from it that are different - My Heart, Bombay Sapphires, etc... but I'm hoping to add a lossless copy of it to my collection if I might be so lucky.

I know it's rare, and I recall that when it first surfaced only MP3 rips of the alternate tracks were shared, so I'm not expecting any sort of overwhelming response.

If someone is able, and willing, I'd be so very thankful. Please reply here or send me a PM if you prefer.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you have "Every Day"? No one's ever posted that here.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
Do you have "Every Day"? No one's ever posted that here.
I do. I'll post it tonight (I have an appointment to look at a house after work so it might be closer to 7-ish MDT). I have Bombay Sapphires, Every Day, I Miss You, My Heart, Thrown Down and Touched By An Angel. All are MPs.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Does anyone have the TISL acetate that would be willing to upload or mail a CD copy of it? I've got MP3s of the tracks from it that are different - My Heart, Bombay Sapphires, etc... but I'm hoping to add a lossless copy of it to my collection if I might be so lucky.

I know it's rare, and I recall that when it first surfaced only MP3 rips of the alternate tracks were shared, so I'm not expecting any sort of overwhelming response.

If someone is able, and willing, I'd be so very thankful. Please reply here or send me a PM if you prefer.
Yes, that would be incredible! I have been looking for this for forever, as well... but no one seems to have anything but the MP3s of these tracks. A couple of times, I found FLAC encoded versions mixed in compilations, but when analyzed, you can clearly see they are MP3 sourced.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay... pardon my ignorance...

But can someone enlighten me about the source of the TISL-era recordings that are in circulation:

"Annabel Lee"
"Have No Heart"
"Space Needle"

Plus demos or alt. takes of

"Trouble in Shangri-la" (demo and acoustic)
"Candlebright" (with the expanded intro)
"That Made Me Stronger"
"Not Make Believe"
"Thrown Down" (demos)
"Planets of the Universe" (TISL demos)
"Love Changes"

Were these stolen from Stevie's house? From the record company? I don't think any of these were on the early Greman TISL pressing.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, I bought mine on a 2~CD set off eBay in 2001. Not sure if this person was the source, but it's where I first saw and GOT all of these.

Don't forget "Fall From Grace"!

And unedited CROW mix of "Sorcerer"!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
No, I bought mine on a 2~CD set off eBay in 2001. Not sure if this person was the source, but it's where I first saw and GOT all of these.

Don't forget "Fall From Grace"!

And unedited CROW mix of "Sorcerer"!!!
I thought that was the promo only single mix.

So in a nutshell, it's not entirely clear how/where these tracks leaked?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I thought that was the promo only single mix.

So in a nutshell, it's not entirely clear how/where these tracks leaked?
The promo CD had the Sheryl Crow edit - the 2CD TISL demo comp. has the uncut Shery Crow remix.

All I know is that the collection came from eBay, and that many people seem to have purchased it. I got it from an online download, and it's another one that I wish I had in lossless quality, instead of MP3
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post

I'll see if my copy is lossless. Meanwhile I will upload it to mediafire. Give me just a few minutes please.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I'll see if my copy is lossless. Meanwhile I will upload it to mediafire. Give me just a few minutes please.
Thank you so much! *crosses fingers*
Old 04-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whoa! A demo for that made me stronger? Could someone post this?? And a sifferent version of Sorcerer? I haven't heard that either!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
whoa! A demo for that made me stronger? Could someone post this?? And a different version of Sorcerer? I haven't heard that either!
The uncut mix of "Sorcerer" really isn't all that special. It's the exact same version from the album, except the bass is high in the mix and guitars are far back in the mix, which I never liked. Also the ending just keeps going and going and going. It's like they didn't know when to stop.

The only noticable difference to this version is an electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse, which is kind of cool but I can see why they decided not to put it with the final mix, as it really is too much.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

TISL Acetate:

Trouble In Shangri La
Candlebright
That Made Me Stronger
Sorcerer
Planets Of The Universe
It's Only Love
Every Day
Bombay Sapphires
Love Changes
Too Far From Texas
I Miss You
Fall From Grace
Thrown Down
My Heart
Touched By An Angel
Love Is

http://www.mediafire.com/?4o2fh6j8gbbr2e1
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
The uncut mix of "Sorcerer" really isn't all that special. It's the exact same version from the album, except the bass is high in the mix and guitars are far back in the mix, which I never liked. Also the ending just keeps going and going and going. It's like they didn't know when to stop.

The only noticable difference to this version is an electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse, which is kind of cool but I can see why they decided not to put it with the final mix, as it really is too much
On the Sorcerer outtake, really? I'll have to go back and listen; it's been a long time. That description sounds more like the Candlebright outtake.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I 'm listening to alot of TISL demos and I just wish the album would of taken a different turn.

add
Thrown Down
Have No Heart
My Heart
If You Ever Did Believe
Twisted (demo)

Get rid of
That Made Me Stronger
Its Only Love
Love Changes
Love Is
Too Far From Texas (because her vocals are horrendous)

What happened to all the Citars in Candlebright and Sorcerer? they had a great feel