Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks on Oprah

So as you may know, next year will be Oprah's last season. Sadly she has never had Stevie on her show in the past 25 years. However there is currently a wave going around on Facebook and Twitter to get Stevie on Oprah! Not only can you "like" the Facebook page, but you can also email Oprah on Oprah.com and request Stevie. I think this would be great publicity for her and it would give us fans an amazing interview!

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-St...16397091750963

Email Oprah.com:
https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_f...lug_id=3337311
Old 09-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ABSOLUTELY!!! filled it out...wat a great show this would be...i highly doubt it will happen but you never kno....whoda thought betty white would have been SNL host...but it started out just like this and she made it on the show because thats wat the people wanted...stevie..if u r reading this...CALL OPRAH!!! GO ON THE SHOW!! QUEEN OF ROCK W/THE QUEEN OF TELEVISION!!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its now or never, she do a show called "a little bit of rock n roll a little bit of country'?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

I sent an email. This would be fantastic!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie would never to agree to be on Oprah.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
Stevie would never to agree to be on Oprah.
Why do you think so?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would surprise me if Oprah had her on. Oprah caters to bored housewives and only has wholesome white bread bands on her show. Oprah might think Stevie's "too rock" and given her witchy persona, might fear audience backlash. So stupid. There are other talk show outlets for her to appear on and so what if she never appears on Oprah. Stevie will be just fine and never needed her anyway.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
It would surprise me if Oprah had her on. Oprah caters to bored housewives and only has wholesome white bread bands on her show. Oprah might think Stevie's "too rock" and given her witchy persona, might fear audience backlash. So stupid. There are other talk show outlets for her to appear on and so what if she never appears on Oprah. Stevie will be just fine and never needed her anyway.
I don't know, she's had Cher on there and I wouldn't say that she is very far off from Stevie. Yes, Stevie is witchy and "rock", but she isn't Marilyn Manson. I don't think Oprah would be opposed to it. And there are tons of other talk shows for her to appear on, but I think since Oprah has such a huge viewing audience, it would probably create a boost in Stevie's album sales. If she could aim for a Feb 28th airing, it would be perfect.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well just my opinion, but ...i dont think Stevie would have much control over what Oprah would ask her. And i think if Oprah did invite her to be on, she would demand a no holds barred interview. i dont think Stevie would agree to that. I dont think she would be comfortable with that. Seems like everytime Stevie is on a talk show or interviewed they always ask the same questions or we get the same info. been that way for the past 10 years...i think Stevie only agrees to do shows that will follow a certain set of questions...or they are told 'you cant ask about "this" or "that" ...thats what it seems like anyway.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Oprah has had Mackenzie Phillips on her show talking about sleeping with her dad and recently she had The Judds on the show, talking about Wynona's reaction to her husband's arrest.

And her non-musical guests and discussions are far from "wholesome."

I think Stevie is extremely tame compared to the guests that Oprah has had on. If her audience is a bunch of bored housewives (and I don't necessarily agree with that comment) then they must like a little excitement sometimes.

Michele
Old 09-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
well just my opinion, but ...i dont think Stevie would have much control over what Oprah would ask her. And i think if Oprah did invite her to be on, she would demand a no holds barred interview. i dont think Stevie would agree to that. I dont think she would be comfortable with that. Seems like everytime Stevie is on a talk show or interviewed they always ask the same questions or we get the same info. been that way for the past 10 years...i think Stevie only agrees to do shows that will follow a certain set of questions...or they are told 'you cant ask about "this" or "that" ...thats what it seems like anyway.
That is a good point. Which is another reason I would love to see Stevie on it! I think we'd finally get an interview that didn't start off with "So what was it like, being in a band with your ex?" But yeah, Stevie would have to agree to it. But maybe her management will say OMG STEVIE ITS OPRAH, YOU MUST DO THIS!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I grew up watching Oprah like many other households from the time she appeared in '85-'86 but she strayed in the last 10 to 15 years from what she used to be and instead became this political and promotional tool for anyone appearing on her show. I don't care if I see another "Dr. This" or "Dr. That". Or another author trying to get you to buy their book. This is why I'm not sad to see Oprah go.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie and Oprah should marry each other and come out as the first famous interracial lesbian couple.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oprah has had Mackenzie Phillips on her show talking about sleeping with her dad and recently she had The Judds on the show, talking about Wynona's reaction to her husband's arrest.

And her non-musical guests and discussions are far from "wholesome."

I think Stevie is extremely tame compared to the guests that Oprah has had on. If her audience is a bunch of bored housewives (and I don't necessarily agree with that comment) then they must like a little excitement sometimes.

Michele
Stevie's been on multiple talk shows in recent years and if appearing on Oprah was a huge must do, I'm sure she would've by now.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Could Stevie and Fleetwood Mac be a 'white thing'? In my 28 years of concert attendance, I don't think I've ever seen a black person at either a Stevie or Mac concert, except on stage. If I remember correctly, and I may not be, in "The Dance" dvd, the camera cuts now and then to one tall black man in the audience, and wow is he outnumbered.
Maybe Oprah doesn't "get" Stevie- who isn't as obvious in every way (thankfully!) as Celine Dion whom Opie has had on regularly. I know that Opie has a large white audience, but I think maybe Stevie isn't quite on Oprah's "radar"-- I recall once that Aretha Franklin said "Stevie Who??" when Stevie was selling a huge amount of albums in the '80s, and being in the same industry, you'd think Miss F would have known of her, but seemed not to.
Somehow I doubt that Joan Jett has been on Oprah's show either, though with 'The Runaways' movie it would have been a great booking for Joan. Maybe O just isn't into rock chix.
Poor Joan- the Runaways movie got good reviews but had a non-prestige early year release, and I don't think Joan benefitted as much as she should have from the film. I've been meaning to get the dvd.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 03:21 PM..