The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Is was dropped? So the show ended with the shortened Edge?
Old 07-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yeah, and as well as ghosts are gone. Landslide for encore. Same Exact set as VA Beach last night.
I thought the heat was to thank for the altered set but maybe shes taking care of her voice. At VA she joked with Steve about going easy on her during L&L, saying her voice still wasn't 100 percent
Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She was incredible! Definitely a better show than the one I saw in Holmdel, though yes it did lack Love Is and Ghosts are Gone. We had no idea how small the venue would be and when we decided on the riser seats (Thanks, Eric! They were awesome. You're the best!) , we were picturing like the Wachovia Center-ish going up steps to get to another high level, being super far from her thing. But we were the second row (technically the first row as the first was a bunch of chairs on the ground) on the riser which was just like a bleacher set. Very good seats, didn't even need tv screens to see her up close.
Anyway she was fabulous. Very cute and quirky. She suggested an awesome idea; a super long concert where she did requests from us and there would be "intermissions with cake and cookies and beer"! lol She is too cute! She was throwing out some pretty cool ideas like Angel and Sisters of The Moon. And it was too cute when she took the girls flower-halo thing and wore it all through Landslide and the end of Edge, then she gave it back to her to put on her wall. So sweet!
Anyway it was a great concert. I loved it. And I won $60 after the show with the penny machine... Even though I'm 17. Eventually I got carded, I think because all the guys around me were getting all excited that my mom and I made it to $60 having started with $5. But by the time I was carded, I was $55 richer so it all worked out.

If anyone has any pictures or video, please post! I'd love to see them.
Thanks again for the great tix Eric.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
She was incredible! Definitely a better show than the one I saw in Holmdel, though yes it did lack Love Is and Ghosts are Gone. We had no idea how small the venue would be and when we decided on the riser seats (Thanks, Eric! They were awesome. You're the best!) , we were picturing like the Wachovia Center-ish going up steps to get to another high level, being super far from her thing. But we were the second row (technically the first row as the first was a bunch of chairs on the ground) on the riser which was just like a bleacher set. Very good seats, didn't even need tv screens to see her up close.
Anyway she was fabulous. Very cute and quirky. She suggested an awesome idea; a super long concert where she did requests from us and there would be "intermissions with cake and cookies and beer"! lol She is too cute! She was throwing out some pretty cool ideas like Angel and Sisters of The Moon. And it was too cute when she took the girls flower-halo thing and wore it all through Landslide and the end of Edge, then she gave it back to her to put on her wall. So sweet!
Anyway it was a great concert. I loved it. And I won $60 after the show with the penny machine... Even though I'm 17. Eventually I got carded, I think because all the guys around me were getting all excited that my mom and I made it to $60 having started with $5. But by the time I was carded, I was $55 richer so it all worked out.

wait wait wait, so she actually mentioned angel and sisters of the moon by name?, suddenly I might be excited for a new fleetwood mac tour.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

She did mention both these songs,I would have died if she played sisters
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post

Your so welcome!! It was a great time!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome night! I really should post my pic here more so people can recognize me at concerts and I can go up to them without being creepy. I had my off white Rumours shirt on and got some compliments. I noticed some ledgies, but....since not everyone knows me really I don't wanna be weird and yell out your names to say hi, even though I recognize your faces. Anyway! Before the show, I saw Al and Jimmy about 20 feet away from the merchandise stand. That was cool. I got the soldier's angel t-shirt.

The show was great! I had dead center section, row 15. Stevie was fun and talkative all night. Just to get it out of the way: biggest disappointment was no Love Is....she came out before Landslide and said it was the last song and I'm like....wah? I wanted to hear Love Is sooo badly.

Besides that, it was awesome! Stevie teased us with her five hour show where she will take requests and answer questions. She raised her hand and impersonated us: "Play Angel! Play Sisters of the Moon!" and she said she'd be like, "okay!" Angel got applause, and Sisters got lots of applause when she mentioned that one. She looked at Waddy and gave him a grin. She said it's in her head, so it will happen sometime.

Soldier's Angel isn't one of my favorites, but I was impressed by long the note she held at the end. I don't think there was a GDW growl, or if there was, it wasn't one of the longer ones she was holding onto the last couple years. The transition from Moonlight to GDW, btw, was awesome. She held out the note well at the end of Moonlight and it transitions right into the creepy noises (violin, right?) at the beginning of GDW.

I love that Stevie's wearing the ankle boots! Her outfit looks good. She introduced her Stand Back shawl after the song. She took it off and showed it off to us, saying it was the original from 1983. (Which made me think, does she not remember she had that cape before stand back in 83, or is this one really different from the one on the tusk tour?) Either way, it was cute the way she held it out to display it. She said this cape is older than some of you! (guilty...)

Speaking of introductions, although the cape got one, there were no band introductions tonight.

Her Annabelle Lee story was my favorite - in part because it's one of the new stories. It was so cute. She spoke about Edgar as if they were living in the same time period - he thought the idea to do the song was great, loved the song, etc, etc. All of her IYD songs sounded great. She told us that this was not a "stevie nicks greatest hits" tour, but a tour where she's "trying" to do some of her new songs.

Before Leather and Lace, she introduced her vocal coach who sings, and said something to the effect that "you can tell I need him tonight" - she was saying she didn't sound well. People reacted with "noooo!" telling her she sounded fine.

She got a lot of stuff for the Edge walk, compared to what I've seen her get at the borgata before. She got several letters, jewelry (both looked like silver necklaces), a bear, a sweater looking thing and a flower headband. The girl who made it (who was probably a ledgie) had it on before the show and gave it to her. Stevie sang with it, and afterwards, she said to take it back and bring it home. So cool! The headband looked great and fit her well.

Landslide being last was strange. I was like, oh yeah! I forgot all about it. But it was a nice ending...if Love Is played, I probably would have cried anyway.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Great review!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Awesome night! I really should post my pic here more so people can recognize me at concerts and I can go up to them without being creepy. I had my off white Rumours shirt on and got some compliments. I noticed some ledgies, but....since not everyone knows me really I don't wanna be weird and yell out your names to say hi, even though I recognize your faces. Anyway! Before the show, I saw Al and Jimmy about 20 feet away from the merchandise stand. That was cool. I got the soldier's angel t-shirt.

The show was great! I had dead center section, row 15. Stevie was fun and talkative all night. Just to get it out of the way: biggest disappointment was no Love Is....she came out before Landslide and said it was the last song and I'm like....wah? I wanted to hear Love Is sooo badly.

Besides that, it was awesome! Stevie teased us with her five hour show where she will take requests and answer questions. She raised her hand and impersonated us: "Play Angel! Play Sisters of the Moon!" and she said she'd be like, "okay!" Angel got applause, and Sisters got lots of applause when she mentioned that one. She looked at Waddy and gave him a grin. She said it's in her head, so it will happen sometime.

Soldier's Angel isn't one of my favorites, but I was impressed by long the note she held at the end. I don't think there was a GDW growl, or if there was, it wasn't one of the longer ones she was holding onto the last couple years. The transition from Moonlight to GDW, btw, was awesome. She held out the note well at the end of Moonlight and it transitions right into the creepy noises (violin, right?) at the beginning of GDW.

I love that Stevie's wearing the ankle boots! Her outfit looks good. She introduced her Stand Back shawl after the song. She took it off and showed it off to us, saying it was the original from 1983. (Which made me think, does she not remember she had that cape before stand back in 83, or is this one really different from the one on the tusk tour?) Either way, it was cute the way she held it out to display it. She said this cape is older than some of you! (guilty...)

Speaking of introductions, although the cape got one, there were no band introductions tonight.

Her Annabelle Lee story was my favorite - in part because it's one of the new stories. It was so cute. She spoke about Edgar as if they were living in the same time period - he thought the idea to do the song was great, loved the song, etc, etc. All of her IYD songs sounded great. She told us that this was not a "stevie nicks greatest hits" tour, but a tour where she's "trying" to do some of her new songs.

Before Leather and Lace, she introduced her vocal coach who sings, and said something to the effect that "you can tell I need him tonight" - she was saying she didn't sound well. People reacted with "noooo!" telling her she sounded fine.

She got a lot of stuff for the Edge walk, compared to what I've seen her get at the borgata before. She got several letters, jewelry (both looked like silver necklaces), a bear, a sweater looking thing and a flower headband. The girl who made it (who was probably a ledgie) had it on before the show and gave it to her. Stevie sang with it, and afterwards, she said to take it back and bring it home. So cool! The headband looked great and fit her well.

Landslide being last was strange. I was like, oh yeah! I forgot all about it. But it was a nice ending...if Love Is played, I probably would have cried anyway.
great recap! The fact that she's talking about Sisters of the Moon makes me absolutely giddy!! I love how she' s now introducing her capes. Someone should tell her to wear more of them!!!! Two capes per show isn't nearly enough...Sorry she didn't play Love Is. I thought about going to this show but I would have been really disappointed had I been there and she didn't sing Love Is.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post

Ha ha. Stevie imitating her fans is great. Michele
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Great time last night. Being no one responded about meeting up until it was much to late, I didn't get to meet anybody, but that was just as well, because I am not sure my friend who came with would've cared to. I wondered how Stevie's energy and "excitement" factor would register being The Borgata Event Center is just a big room with a stage, rather than a venue with an outdoor feel or half in/half out scenario. I was afraid things might be a bit more subdued, with people in their seats for most of it --ha, luckily not at all! I did see her at The Borgata in 2005, but I don't remember much of what the vibe was like.

I loved her stories, and everything cute that she said. She talks sooooo much more than I ever recall in any other tour! Others have already relayed all the funny things she said -- by far the best was the "5 hour long concert with requests, and cake, cookies, and beer"....with 'Angel' and 'Sisters of The Moon'. She made it almost seem like a promise....alluding to how one day it will happen!

I was definitely disappointed with the fact that 2 songs were cut. I love "Love Is" and for some reason it does bring on tears...but with "Landslide" as the closer, and seeing all those old pictures flashing behind her on the big screen of her family and of herself when she was young and in the prime of her career, ughhhh....there I was welling up over those!

I liked how at the beginning of the show, Stevie addressed "I was told I cancelled on you last year." And the crowd acknowledge this. She went on to say she could not even remember doing that or what the reason was. But that she was there now

What was the reason the songs were cut? Her voice? The curfew thing???

I believe I recorded the show (audio), including Vanessa Carlton, and if it came out ok, then maybe I can get it up somewhere accessible.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NJ.com, 13 photos
http://www.nj.com/atlantic-city-ente..._sold_out.html

Photos: Stevie Nicks plays a sold-out Borgata event center Sunday night

Published: Monday, July 16, 2012, 6:28 AM Updated: Monday, July 16, 2012, 10:43 AM

By Marc Berman / NJ.com blogger

Stevie Nicks played to a sold-out Borgata event center last night.

Aside from her stellar solo career, the singer is known for also being a member of Fleetwood Mac.

Upon taking the stage, the 61-year-old Nicks apologized for having to cancel a show last year in Atlantic City due to illness, and then went on to explain that this wasn’t a greatest hits tour, but a showcase of her newer material from her last album, "In Your Dreams." The faithful responded with thunderous applause of approval.

The set was laced with hits including Fleetwood Mac’s only top 10 recording, "Dreams," which Nicks wrote.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the kind words about my recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
I believe I recorded the show (audio), including Vanessa Carlton, and if it came out ok, then maybe I can get it up somewhere accessible.
This would be much appreciated!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a great show. I love Chatty Stevie. As much as I love Lindsey, the canned speeches annoy the hell out of me. Stevie can tell the "same" story, but it always sounds new--warm and funny, or touching and heartbreaking. I like the storytelling almost as much as the singing.

I think I've seen Stevie at the Borgata every single time she's played there. Which is like...five times, maybe? Don't remember. But, I think this was the most enthusiastic crowd. No "high rollers" who gave people the stink eye if they stood.

The only annoying thing was the woman a few rows behind me was totally drunk off her ass. But, I'm sure Stevie couldn't hear her yelling out for an autograph and/or screaming all during Stevie's recounting her experiences at Walter Reed.

Vanessa Carlton still didn't win me over as a fan. Nice voice (as the neighbor next to me said after every single song) but...I wanted a nap. And her set was quite long. She did like 8 songs or something.

I was surprised about ending the show with Landslide but it seemed fitting. It was a total sing-a-long and seemed really touching. Like the fans were sort of reaching out and helping her "handle the seasons," in our own small way. Pretty. (And, I don't think AC has a curfew of ANY kind...or I think they'd be out of business really quickly). She said she was having problems with her voice before she introduced her vocal coach.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Great reviews everyone. Regina: the reason I said it could possibly be the curfew, was because in 2009 I saw Depeche Mode there, and they cut 3 songs, and everyone said that was the reason.