User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I Went To My 1st Lb Show At Anaheim And I Meet Him

Hello All

Well, I went to my 1st Concert of LB ever ! Friday at The Grove Of Anaheim. I loved it. I was a bit under the weather, but I enjoyed it, and I got Lindsey to take a photo with me and stuff. But, here are some quick takes, and maybe you guys can react:

. I was stunned, LB opened with 2 new songs that I never heard, as I had not heard the new record yet. I actually liked GREAT DAY and I even like it on CD as well, and LOVE RUNS DEEPER was cool, it was strange that he would open with 2 new songs, but I liked it.

. I actually didn't like GO INSANE that much, if at all, I don't know, maybe I got spoiled because I so much prefer the Acoustic Version. IMO, the song sounds really dated when LB plays it with the band. So, I didn't like GO INSANE

. I actually wish he would have replaced TUSK with THE CHAIN, TUSK seemed really rushed, but it was OK.

. I was sitting directly behind Lindsey's wife and the kids, It was really strange because I had to make sure that I didn't say things too loud, some guy told me "I guess Stevie wont be coming", I thought it was funny

. Actually, didn't think Lindsey's wife was all that attractive, to be honest.

. I HATED WORLD TURNING, That is one song that is so Fleetwood Mac, and I found myself missing Mick and John, and please don't get me started on the drummer, this was by far the worst song for me.

. The drummer , didn't think much of him, I am so sick of electronic drum kits, really missed Mick and a normal drum kit

. Thought Neal and Brett were awesome, man they can play

. I thought the crowd was a bit slow at first, but it ended awesome

. GYOW kicked major butt

. I was mad that Kristen and ALL the kids hit the stage only cause I wanted to go, . I didn't try to go to the stage because I saw the photographers, but then I see Kristen and the kids, and I was a bit jealous, cause I wanted to be up there, but no harm done

. Lindsey looked and played great.

. Thought the venue was small but real nice

. Drinks were WAY to pricey, I had to run across the street to the Panda to eat before the show

. Security was OK, not to strict but not loose either

. There were some real crazy fans though, I sort of just waited my turn and told Lindsey that OOTC was my fav album, and that sort of caught him by surprise, and he shook my hand and I took a photo with him. It was a dream come true

. I have heard the new album, and I love Great Day and LRD and also Gift Of Screws

. I actually prefer GIFT OF SCREWS on CD than when he played it. When they played that, there was too much sound effects and honestly it didn't look as if Lindsey or the guys were really playing it, and I actually like it better on CD.

WORST SONGS ON CD - BEL AIR RAIN, cant get into that, and Treason

WORST SONGS AT CONCERT = World Turning, Gift Of Screws, and Go Insane, hope they drop these quick

FAV SONGS ON CD = GREAT DAY AND LRD

FAV SONGS AT CONCERT = GYOW, GREAT DAY, LRD, AND NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN

I enjoyed the show and I am glad I was able to make one of my dreams come true

Lindsey's kids also seemed very behaved, which was nice to see

David

======================================================================
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YEAH! You're first LB show!