User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Although it isn't a new song, and most of us have heard it too much and played it out at this point, I really truly feel that Right Place to Fade (or Twist of Fate) has got to be one of the best songs Lindsey has ever written. And I think the lyrics are incredible. I have to go back to it because it sounds so much better to me when it's so clear and his vocals are out in the front like that. I'm a little sad that he hasn't put it in his set list so far, but I have hope.
I agree Nico. Everyone sort of seems to put TRPTF in the same category in likeness with Wanna Wait for You and Love Runs Deeper, but I think TRPTF stands out so much more. Its a catchy song and there are so many layers to it. I downloaded Twist of Fate in October of 07 and as of now it has 600 plays on my Ipod. Its just an incredible song. I think there should be another thread dedicated to it.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am not going to like Time Precious Time no matter what
oh i love it so
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, Michele. You made me laugh before I've even finished my second cup of coffee.

It's a REALLY weird song, but I like weird, sometimes. I'm not a fan of early-Lindsey-solo-weirdness at all.

Guess what? There was a commercial for the CD this very morning on one of the morning shows (my mother was watching so I don't know which one it was). I was in the other room and heard Lindsey's voice, and ran in just as they said "Available now." And mom informed me that I was not hallucinating (in an auditory way) at 7:20 AM.

Always good to know.

But, I was very pleased that they at least threw one commercial his way.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ok I was just able to get a good couple of listens.

My Gut Reaction: Lindsey's best solo work yet. Unfortunately though, it's not a perfect album for me. "Time Precious Time" is a terrible fit at track 2, completely takes away from the pace that Great Day set as an opener. Highlights for me are "Love Runs Deeper" (new favorite Lindsey song!), "Underground', and "Great Day". I think I've heard GOS and Right Place to Fade (Twist of fate ) too many times over the last few years to have a new perspective, but to me they sound cheesy at times.

And under 40 minutes is NOT enough Lindsey for me! I really hope he continues to write and puts out more albums like this, big for me!!

"To the left, to the right, up and down, in and out, and around, that's right baby! THAT'S RIGHT BABY! Uh huh uh huh uh huh" - LOL!!!

Last edited by fleetwoodguy79; 09-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Added
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also posted a poll up on my blog, with star-ratings:

http://heroesarehardtofind.blogspot.com/

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Please be nice to ajmccarrell. He has the right to have an opinion without being called stupid.
Who's calling him stupid. I just said his remarks were respectless, arrogant and stupid. Maybe he's a nice guy. Who knows. What I DO know is that he gave us the B/N live-recordings. I'll be thankful for that untill I draw my terminal breath.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I agree Nico. Everyone sort of seems to put TRPTF in the same category in likeness with Wanna Wait for You and Love Runs Deeper, but I think TRPTF stands out so much more. Its a catchy song and there are so many layers to it. I downloaded Twist of Fate in October of 07 and as of now it has 600 plays on my Ipod. Its just an incredible song. I think there should be another thread dedicated to it.
It is an incredible song.
It worked so well on Adventures in Wild California while those skysurfers were doing their thing.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Who's calling him stupid. I just said his remarks were respectless, arrogant and stupid. Maybe he's a nice guy. Who knows. What I DO know is that he gave us the B/N live-recordings. I'll be thankful for that untill I draw my terminal breath.
Well, then it'd be nice if you showed a little respect. You've been an ass since yesterday. If I ever get anything like the BN live recordings again, I'll certainly hesitate before I share it again. I am actually a very nice guy, but you've been pissing me off to no end and have been misrepresenting what I said, as well as assigning motives that don't exist simply because I have disagreed with you on GOS. I even overall really like the album. I just think OOTC was his best.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Ledgie

OK, here we go:

- Wait for You and Love Runs Deeper are (forgive my lack of musical vocabulary here) positively freakin' joyous. They're joyous songs with (relatively) dark lyrics that don't contradict the sound, and I love that Lindsey can do that.

- Overall, I don't like it as much as Under the Skin and Out of the Cradle. It doesn't have the same kind of Lindseyesque "unity" we'd expect.

- Time Precious Time is growing on me more and more, and I really want to like it because I love "Happy ... half-empty ... this must be home."

- Great Day's kind of sexy. I dunno. (No one will agree. I accept this fact. )

- Right Place to Fade IS Twist of Fate!!! And it still sounds like he's singing Twist of Fate ...

- I expected this album to have more of an OOTC sound than a UTS-like sound, but I'm nevertheless enjoying dancing to Lindsey. And I'm looking forward to dancing at the concerts next month.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah View Post

- Great Day's kind of sexy. I dunno. (No one will agree. I accept this fact. )
You are DEFINITELY not alone!!! I thought the very same thing, especially after hearing the audience recordings from UCLA and Seattle. I think it's the way he growls out the verses and in the live rendition throws in the little yelp afterwards, "Ow!"

And then there are the lyrics.... it might just be my dirty mind but they are SMOKIN. "A star crossed lover, Getting hotter and hotter, I didn’t mean to hover, I just hate to love her" and "The currents they caught her, Hiding in my room, Mirrors in her eyes, She was wet, she was soaking"
Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People are gonna wonder which lines Will wrote.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccafan5000 View Post
And then there are the lyrics.... it might just be my dirty mind but they are SMOKIN. "A star crossed lover, Getting hotter and hotter, I didn’t mean to hover, I just hate to love her" and "The currents they caught her, Hiding in my room, Mirrors in her eyes, She was wet, she was soaking"
Yes, and the way he sings "love her," rhyming it with "hover." I guess I've just never heard him "work" the lyrics that way.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink my gut...

Great Day--i like the guitar solo. Nothing else about it.
Time Precious Time--I think he wore that rolling pattern thing out a bit on the UTS album.
Did You Miss Me--probably the strongest song on the album.
Wait For You--not too shabby. The repeating intro guitar riff kinda gets grating after awhile.
Love Runs Deeper--i only like the last 60 seconds
Bel Air Rain---very pretty guitar parts and I like his vocal.
The Right Place to Fade--It's just...too noisy. Too busy. Not a solid track.
Gift of Screws--I just don't like this one at all.
Underground--This one fits in with the UTS album quite well. I dig it.
Treason--Great lyrics. Great mix. Sounds good.

Overall, I don't think the album is great. I don't think it's horrible either though.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it's a pretty solid album - but one that's way to short for my liking.... It needs one maybe two more tracks to it... It's over too soon leaving me wanting more! I suppose that's a good thing. I was hoping for an itunes bonus, but nope!

The only two songs I'm not 100% sold on YET are Time Precious Time and Treason. TPT I think his guitar playing is absolutely brilliant on it and I could just listen to that! I just can't mesh his playing with the vocals... I'm sure it will grow on me with repeated listens...

Treason - to me sounds a bit draggy, needs the pace picked up abit... Nothing wrong with the music, his playing or the lyrics, just the overall pace of it is abit slow for my taste, but I'll find something in it to like, I usually do if something doesn't grab me at first.

The rest...

Great Day - I think its a neat song - it's groovy in a subtle way with his rapid tapping...

Did You Miss Me - I've loved this song since I first heard it... Probably the most universally accessible song on the disc, I can see why they stuck this one out there to radio. Could end up a classic like Trouble.

Wait For You - Can't complain about this at all.... Great full sound & backed up by Mick and John - what more could you ask for.. This would sound great live.

Love Runs Deeper - I love that army of guitars sound that comes at you in the chorus....

Bel Air Rain - Perfect! This one needs to be played really really loud! There's no beat in the song except for the clicking sound, but man is this one HOT! And the ending is beyond.

The Right Place To Fade - I've always liked it, but it's hard to listen to it with new ears since i've heard it so much. Same with Gift of Screws... I love it with all the weird sounds he makes with his screaming & yelping and I'm happy to finally know what the hell he's saying!

Underground - Probably my favorite on the cd - just a lovely song.

Overall, a nice mix of songs with some similar to UTS and others more upbeat rock songs... I like it!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My gut reaction is "My God, Lindsey is on FIRE", He can make his guitar sing.
My favorites so far for the first listen are Great Day, Did you Miss Me, Wait for You, and Bel Air Rain.
Edit: I am so loving "Underground"
The only song I really didn't care for was Time Precious Time, but overall I am so EXCITED about this new CD.
Rock On Lindsey !!!! (I so wish he was coming closer to Washington DC)

Last edited by SandyMac; 09-16-2008 at 09:28 PM..