Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Royce Hall Tix $5.00

I received this offer today:

Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac at UCLA's Royce Hall
Royce Hall at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA)
Sunday, Sep. 14 @ 8:00pm
Full Price: $56.00 Our Price: $5.00

Lindsey Buckingham rose to worldwide fame as a singer and guitarist with legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac, writing such songs as "Go Your Own Way" and "Tusk". He recently released his latest solo album, Gift of Screws, and performs live at UCLA's Royce Hall. Learn More

http://www.goldstar.com/tr/nc/5595/1...9&mar=news5595

Pretty sad........
Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you guys think thi sactuall works??....because if ti does...I AM SOOO THERE!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's for real - I've used Goldstar for many events!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's an incredible venue. Go!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post

Pretty sad........
As I originally speculated months ago (when the tour was announced), Lindsey is visiting some of these markets for the *third* time in less than two years. Attendance on this tour has been pretty weak so far, and ticket sales for upcoming shows are trending out to be the same as well.

FYI, the front row last night in Portland was more than half empty, as was the 2nd row and most of the 3rd row.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Like I said - pretty sad......
Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
Like I said - pretty sad......
No kidding. The fact that they have to shamelessly paper Lindsey's show at Royce Hall is pretty embarrassing.

There was no need for shows at Royce Hall AND Anaheim/Grove- the audience just isn't there.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

His numbers for this tour probably won't be much different then the last tour where he was averaging 65% capacity based on the numbers reported...

Isn't this goldstar thing some sort of broker... Someone posted the same message in the thread on the Seattle show on DIME and it was removed considered Spam Then the poster stated that for everyone that signs up with an account they get $1 wtf?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
FYI, the front row last night in Portland was more than half empty, as was the 2nd row and most of the 3rd row.

When I was checking out ticket brokers for the Portland show, I noticed that almost all the tickets they had were for the first three rows. It's too bad that they didn't sell and that those good seats were wasted. Even though the prices weren't too outrageous, they were probably just too much $ for some people to pay to see LB for a second or third time in a couple of years.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Poke. Come to Ireland / UK. Poke.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

For anyone who has been to the shows so far - What time does Lindsey actually go on?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good night! If it were possible I would be at every single Lindsey show I could make. The man isn't going to be around forever, and for goodness sakes, he is at an incredible creative peak. I wish tix were $5 over here cuz I would have every single one of my friends at that show. I'd be shoving Lindsey in their face with no shame.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just returned from the concert at Royce Hall. I'd say the main floor was full. The balcony was only about 50% full.

The tickets had 7:00 p.m. and I assumed that was the starting time, but actually it said 7:00 p.m. DRS. So, I suppose I was supposed to know that that meant the doors open at 7:00 p.m. Lindsey did not take the stage until about 8:25 p.m.

I only saw Lee Lee running around. She was wearing a brown tour shirt. I didn't see the other children.

The show was, again, brilliant. He closed with Time Precious Time. I'm not saying that Lindsey is ever oppressively humble, but I get the feeling that he really likes his guitar playing on SUD and Time Precious Time in particular. He might do Big Love for the crowd, but I think he likes TPT and SUD for himself.

When he introduced DYMM he said he didn't know what a single was, but that it had been "serviced" to several [radio] formats, whatever that means. He shrugged and said, "We do what we can." I found this interesting because if there is any show that the industry types and Warner Bros. execs will attend it is this one. So, he was not only letting the audience know he's not happy with the lack of promotion, he's letting them know too. Although, tonight he left out the part about not having a video.

When he introduced Big Love he said that he thinks they were living in a "subculture of abuse" at that time. The song is not about searching for love, but defending against it and he believes that he was certainly locked up and guarded back then. Now, over the last 10 years things have changed. Since he's no longer the guarded man he was, the song has now taken on a certain irony and its meaning has changed for him forever.

When he introduced the band and talked about the "big bad Malibu days" he said he doesn't remember them, but he has flashes of Gary Busey and Nick Nolte. This amused me because when I look at him in the GOS promo pictures (especially the one in the blue shirt) I think of Gary Busey and Nick Nolte myself. Neale wanted to know why Lindsey brought them up. "Do you think I look like them!?" Lindsey laughed and said he didn't think Neale did.

Now that you guys have told me what a midi is, I think I am annoyed with Wally. I am not amused by all the antics that show it's not "real" drumming we're getting. He drums on his head. He drums the air, patting an imaginary wall -- rather like Harpo Marx. He drums on his face, whip-slapping his head back and forth. I didn't really notice all of the comedy before, but reading you musicians talk about it, has opened my eyes. I am no longer innocent. I feel like Adam and Eve eating the apple and suddenly looking down and realizing they've been naked all this time. They scamper away in shame, looking for fig leaves. I now turn away from Walfredo in hurt disillusionment, longing for the, ah, authenticity of Mick's electronic drum vest.

Lindsey talked about Treason being about something as small as 2 people or as big as nations.

I went with a non-fan. I think she generally enjoyed the show. It kicked in for her when he began crooning Trouble. She enjoyed the pop songs she remembered from her youth and his energy, but about the time Lindsey got to his maniacal laughter in Gift of Screws she observed, "He's an odd bird." I took that as a great compliment to the man. I never want to attend a show where that aspect of his character doesn't poke its way through.

Michele
Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just got back from Royce Hall and thought the show was fabulous! Loved that Lindsey did Trouble and Go Insane with the band this time around. Enjoyed the new songs, especially Did You Miss Me (well, I'm pretty familiar with that one) and Love Runs Deeper. He got quite a few standing ovations, including Never Going Back Again, Big Love and I'm So Afraid, which I guess is the norm, but this is my first show for this tour, and I don't remember so many standing o's before. I just love I'm So Afraid. I get in a trance when he goes into that guitar solo. It just kicks ass. The lighting was pretty, uh, BRIGHT! Blinding, I guess would be a better word. I saw some of the audience shielding their eyes during certain points in the show. Ran up to the stage from Go Your Own Way until the end. The band was great! I thought the sound was good too. I'd never been to Royce Hall. Here's a photo:

Lindsey goin' his own way:
Old 09-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNLB View Post
Lindsey goin' his own way:
That's a great photo. It looks like you were directly under Lindsey while he was doing his solo. I don't know what I think about the sequencing of the show overall, but I do like the way that the audience is already on its feet, giving him a standing ovation for ISA when GYOW begins. It's a nice way to keep the energy going and watch it build.

Michele