User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Hey thanks! I kept asking most people I talked to if they were Ledgies. I'm glad to have met one. Thank you SOOO much for taking it. I just wasn't paying attention to what my body was doing. I mean, I was close to the Lindsey..
Sorry you look kind of pissed in the picture. Everytime I would snap it, you were trying to tell me to press the button and that it didn't work.

Lindsey was like, "oh I think it was fine." lol.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
Sorry you look kind of pissed in the picture. Everytime I would snap it, you were trying to tell me to press the button and that it didn't work.

Lindsey was like, "oh I think it was fine." lol.
Am I really that fat?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Nice photos!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Nice photos!
Thanks Nancy!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Am I really that fat?

huh? Why would you say that? No, you are not fat!

- LB
Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
huh? Why would you say that? No, you are not fat!
Well, after the pics there I just feel like I look really fat. Then again, next to Lindsey, Ethiopians look fat.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE the photos! Thank you so much AJ.

It is so hard to believe --- that concert was just last night and we're seeing photos!

(I can hardly wait for the audio....please, somebody, please have the technology for audio....)
Old 09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolutely sensational photos AJ. I can't believe you got so many.

Michele
Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So here is my review.

Got the the theatre quite a bit early so we went over the the restaurant across the street for dinner and drinks. As we were sitting there Lindsey and crew, Kristen too, pulled up in a white suburban type vehicle and all got out. Before we realized what was going on he was inside the building, though there was some lucky lady there who did get an autograph.

As far as the concert itself....it was great. The crowd was great....very into it, dancing, singing, jumping around. I could tell Lindsey and the band really enjoyed it. I had second row...wish I had figured out my camera beforehand as they did not monitor picture taking here and could have got some good ones!

Some songs that stick out for sure....Go Insane...refreshing for a change. Got tired of hearing the acoustic version all these years. Of course, my favorite is always I Know I'm Not Wrong, which was great and fun. I think I may have nodded off a bit during the middle of the set (I kid, I kid) but it did get a little boring. He needs to get rid of Come and Under the Skin and do something else. From reading the Saratoga review, sounds like he said pretty much the same things...the meaning behind Big Love...he was looking "out" for love and he did live on a house on a hill. The crowd loved that. Introducing the band seems to be the most fun for him...everyone laughed and joked about Brett being the rock of the band. I liked Treason...pretty good song, but I definitely felt like my time was preciously wasted after hearing Time Precious Time. Didn't seem to go very well and not a good song to end, imo.

I had hoped to get a picture after the show and since we knew he would be coming out the back we just waited there. I was surprised that no one was back there after reading older reviews and knowing that he comes out the back. Only one other person was there, though about 4 more people showed up. But anyway, as we were waiting, Neal and Brett came out to smoke cigarettes. I asked Brett if I could have a picture and he said yes. What a nice guy! He asked me my name, where was a I from, did we like the show...etc. He was really cool and thanked us several times for coming out and being great fans.

So we waited a bit more for Lindsey and after about ten minutes they pulled the suv up right by the door so as to make it difficult. Kristen came out first and did give me a sour look, like oh gawd. I guess I can understand, but come on, you are married to a famous person. Anyway, Lindsey came out and I asked if I could get a picture. He said "sure." Came over. I then became a sixth grader again and told him he was "awesome" and the show was awesome, which I felt pretty dumb saying, but he said thanks so much. Unfortunately, he is making a funny face in the picture I have (darnit). One thing is for sure...Lindsey is a skinny mini!!!!! He needs to gain some weight. Then some other people came over and got some pictures and autographs. He signed some autographs and said he had to go. He did seem to be in a hurry and not really in a good mood.

So, it was a pretty cool show. He did a great job, but I wish the set list was a bit different. Even my brother, who came with me, and who isn't a huge fan, said he needed to change the set list a bit as some of the songs sounded the same. Anyone else think Lindsey has more fun at the Fleetwood Mac shows?

- LB
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So here is my review.

Some songs that stick out for sure....Go Insane...refreshing for a change. Got tired of hearing the acoustic version all these years.
Great review. Thank you. I agree with what you say here. I would say that him doing Go Insane alone is probably better, but because I am so used to it, the full band was exciting. I guess a rest is as good as a change!

Michele
Old 09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Nice pics, thanks for posting them. Did he mention Kristen at all during the concert?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
Nice pics, thanks for posting them. Did he mention Kristen at all during the concert?
I would think he mentioned her during the Big Love intro, his wife that is. I don't think he mentioned her by name.

Michele
Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought that AJ had a picture of Kristen, his wife, in his photos, and I was just wondering if Lindsey mentioned that she helped write a couple of his new songs.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Great review. Thank you. I agree with what you say here. I would say that him doing Go Insane alone is probably better, but because I am so used to it, the full band was exciting. I guess a rest is as good as a change!

Michele
Go Insane with the full band sounded like a wall of power rushing over you. That was my favorite part of the show.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I thought that AJ had a picture of Kristen, his wife, in his photos, and I was just wondering if Lindsey mentioned that she helped write a couple of his new songs.
Yeah, I wasn't sure that was her because she was seated in the crowd and The Moore has the old fashioned private second floor balconies ala Pretty Woman. She is pretty distinctive looking. She seemed to be in a bad mood. Lindsey didn't seem so much like he wasn't happy as much as he seemed to need to get somewhere, but wanted to be friendly. I mentioned Hoppy and he gave me a really surprised look.