The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent setlist! I am one of the few (it seems) who loves that Come and ISA are both in the setlist. I doubted he'd drop ISA and I wanted him to add Come as well. It sounds like I'm going to really enjoy this show. I cannot wait to hear Go Insane done with a full band

Was SUD done solo or was it done like the fantastic full band version from the Ellen Show?

I am so, so, so, so glad Holiday Road has been dropped! I like the studio version but the live version from the last tour never really did much for me since it was mostly just samples. I'm sure I'd love it if I was actually in the room listening to it, but given the choice I'm glad it's been replaced.

Last questions - was Walfredo on a real drum kit or was it those MIDI things again? If he's not on a real kit then how do the MIDI sample drums hold up to the rocking setlist? I thought that the more rocking songs on the UTS tour could have used a real kit - especially Tusk, GYOW and ISA.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SUD was done solo. I don't know my MIDI from my mini. So, I can't answer your drum question. Michele
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was it a normal drum kit or was it the same sort as last tour? The kind where it's just a pad that triggers drum samples.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Excellent setlist! I am one of the few (it seems) who loves that Come and ISA are both in the setlist.
right-there with you!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the kit was a midi kit with a real snare and real cymbals just like last year, but without a doubt the sound coming of this kit was incredible and bigger than the UTS tour. Wally is an amazing drummer and really rocked the house without a doubt the second best musician on the stage!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Troubling note: When Lindsey introduced Big Love and said he wrote it during his last year with FM (during his first stint with the band), he did not say he left as a survival move. I found the omission very alarming and wanted to run up on the stage and take his temperature.
Haha! Don't worry, it all goes in cycles don't you know. It will return I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Ok first impressions...Do we really need come and I Know Im Not Wrong again?
Jimmy, I would take I Know I'm Not Wrong a thousand, million times over I'm So Afraid! That song is fantastic live and one of my favourites from Tusk. ISA is so worn out and predictable. It's become Lindsey's Dreams (GYOW doesn't count, because that pretty much always rocks).
Old 09-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
the kit was a midi kit with a real snare and real cymbals just like last year, but without a doubt the sound coming of this kit was incredible and bigger than the UTS tour. Wally is an amazing drummer and really rocked the house without a doubt the second best musician on the stage!
Thanks for the info. I'm glad Wally is back on the drums. He's my second choice behind Mick for Lindsey drumming.

Was Trouble done like the UTS tour or was it more like the Soundstage version?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I like the setlist too except I think OOTC should have been a little bit more represented, even one more tune from that cd... Leave out ISA if you have to in place of something more from OOTC...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm glad Wally is back on the drums. He's my second choice behind Mick for Lindsey drumming.

Was Trouble done like the UTS tour or was it more like the Soundstage version?
That's exactly what I thought about "Wally". He tore it up.
Trouble was not like the UTS tour, it was a bit more rocking - it was very, very good, I think I got tears.

The inclusion of Come was great, and it was shorter than before, which made it better. But then, I really like Come.
I'm not usually super mega stoked for ISA, but this time I was. Although it would be nice to hear other things, like people have already said, ISA was good, sounded a bit different (I can't remember exactly how it was different, maybe the vocal, or maybe it was a bit shorter, it just seemed less draggy and more full of cool stuff) and I was both delighted and lacking the urge to use the restroom during ISA this time.
In addition to the funny quip that Lindsey threw in during his "Malibu House" introduction of Neal ("good thing I don't remember most of that!") -
when Linds was introducing Brett and saying how he's so versatile, plays this, that, and the other, Neal piped up with "And he makes his own dresses!!" which was super funny. Brett goes "And I'm f*cking good at it, too!" or something like that.

I was very impressed with the GOS songs, and can't wait for the album. Like Deb said, the Did You Miss Me song was actually (IMO) the weakest of the new tracks.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Nobody's got pics or vids yet?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Haha! Don't worry, it all goes in cycles don't you know. It will return I'm sure.

Jimmy, I would take I Know I'm Not Wrong a thousand, million times over I'm So Afraid! That song is fantastic live and one of my favourites from Tusk. ISA is so worn out and predictable. It's become Lindsey's Dreams (GYOW doesn't count, because that pretty much always rocks).
Honestly, If we're talking about Come, Im So Afraid, and I Know Im Not Wrong I would want Come to be dropped. Its just Come doesn't really have a catchy melody or anything. I feel like ISA is a good song, plus a great guitar solo. Now when your throwing in two of these kinds of songs is where it starts to get old. One or the other, Id be cool for ISA to drop.

Or for both ISA and Come to be dropped and add 4 songs from OOTC.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I second mylittledemons motion!....which make this motion PAS...WHERE THE VIDS AT FOOS!?!?!?!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default My notes from Saratoga show

Here are my misc. notes from Saratoga show. I really enjoyed the show, I think more so than Under the Skin Tour.

Really enjoyed the full band version of Go Insane. Sounded awesome, Lindsey playing acoustic guitar, and I thought it was really entertaining [in a good way] how Lindsey even could do the low voiced "go insane" lyric. I was crying with laughter.

Trouble was also a full band version, similar to the 92 Out of the Cradle Tour version, with Neil doing the ascending guitar riff.

I also was not a big fan of both ISA and Come. Both have the solo where Lindsey does the Frankenstein impression walking around on stage. I only need to see this maybe one time.

Lindsey used a pick on Under the Skin, and did throw to the audience. I think some of his family was in the front row, so they got it. Along with a sweaty towel at some point.

Also, I did not think it was so good to close with Treason. People where on their feet for the last couple songs, then as the last song, Treason is introduced, which was kinda a downer, people sat down, etc. Would rather have closed with something stronger and known by the audience. Maybe they will change that for the SF show.

Lindsey had a new guitar I had not seen before, not sure what kind. If anyone knows, please send me a note! Was used on "Did You Miss Me", plus a couple of other numbers. Looks kinda like his Turner/Renaissance acoustic electrics, but a smaller body, and a single neck pickup, no soundhole.

I would have liked to see higher attendance. The venue was maybe 75% full. But the people there seemed to be into the show, which was good.

The food was not good at the venue. I didn’t do the prix fixe dinner, but I would have liked better other options. Note for future shows at Mountain Winery.

Last edited by ken; 09-08-2008 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: spelling...
Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Here are my misc. notes from Saratoga show. I really enjoyed the show, I think more so than Under the Skin Tour.

Really enjoyed the full band version of Go Insane. Sounded awesome, Lindsey playing acoutic guitar, and I thought it was really entertaining [in a good way] how Lindsey even could do the low voiced "go insane" lyric. I was crying with laughter.

Trouble was also a full band version, similar to the 92 Out of the Cradle Tour version, with Neil doing the ascending guitar riff.

I also was not a big fan of both ISA and Come. Both have the solo where Lindsey does the Frankenstein impression walking around on stage. I only need to see this maybe one time.

Lindsey used a pick on Under the Skin, and did throw to the audience. I think some of his family was in the front row, so they got it. Along with a sweaty towel at some point.

Also, I did not think it was so good to close with Treason. People where on their feet for the last couple songs, then as the last song, Treason is introduced, which was kinda a downer, people sat down, etc. Would rather have closed with something stronger and known by the audience. Maybe they will change that for the SF show.

Lindsey had a new guitar I had not seen before, not sure what kind. If anyone knows, please send me a note! Was used on "Did You Miss Me", plus a couple of other numbers. Looks kinda like his Turner/Renaissance acoustic electrics, but a smaller body, and a single neck pickup, no soundhole.

I would have liked to see higher attendance. The venue was maybe 75% full. But the people there seemed to be into the show, which was good.

The food was not good at the venue. I didn’t do the prix fixe dinner, but I would have liked better other options. Note for future shows at Mountain Winery.
I was more intrigued by the fact that you've been a member for 7 years, and this is your first post. *wink*
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I was more intrigued by the fact that you've been a member for 7 years, and this is your first post. *wink*
Yeah, yeah, I know. I had some, ah, disagreements in the past with the founders of this site. But hey, those were like the big bad malibu days, I don't remember much about them.