Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Am Lindsey Buckingham!" -- Contest

From http://heroesarehardtofind.blogspot....m-contest.html

"I Am Lindsey Buckingham!" -- Contest

As part of the countdown to the September 16, 2008 release of Lindsey Buckingham's new album, Gift of Screws, http://www.HeroesAreHardToFind.blogspot.com is conducting its first contest!

This contest is called "I Am Lindsey Buckingham!"

It gets its inspiration from the striking cover art for Gift of Screws. I think it deserves to be honored. Here's the cover art for the album:

Here's how the contest works!

TELL THE WORLD "I AM LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM!"

Create your own homage to the Gift of Screws cover art. Be creative. It can express whatever you want as long as you mimic the original composition. You can try to be as close to the original as possible or go off in unexpected directions!

Here's an example that http://www.econgaston.blogspot.com blogger Gaston Diaz put together. It serves as an example and is not eligible for prizes.

HOW TO SUBMIT!

Submit your own version of the Gift of Screws album cover to me at this email address: nobodylovesus77@aol.com. Please provide in jpg format or some other format that can be uploaded to blogspot.**

HOW THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED!

I will personally judge the competition. Submissions must be received by September 12, 2008 11:59 PM Eastern Time. I will announce the winner here at Heroes Are Hard To Find on September 16, 2008 -- the day Gift of Screws hits stores.

THE PRIZES!*

FIRST PRIZE (1 recipient):
$100.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR http://www.amazon.com

SECOND PRIZE (1 recipient):
The Lindsey Buckingham Solo Albums (on CD):
Law and Order
Go Insane
Out Of The Cradle
Under The Skin
Gift of Screws

THIRD PRIZE (3 recipients):
Gift of Screws

*The winners will need to provide me with mailing addresses so that I am able to send the prizes! I will not share this address with anyone else and will not use it for any other purpose than sending the prizes.

**All art entered must be available for use by Heroes Are Hard To Find. I will post submitted "cover art" in the margins of this blog. Provide me with website url if you would like the picture to direct people to your own website or blog. In addition, the submissions may be used by Heroes Are Hard To Find in YouTube or social networking sites in an effort to get the word out on the album. There is no relationship between between Warner Bros. and this blog or this contest. I'm just trying to support an artist whose work I love!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first submission was received. It's from a Ledgie. It just hit me that I don't know if these submissions should be anonymous or not! But go to my site and check it out! It's very clever.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come on, guys! I need some competition!

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll try get one done soon. I don't really have a decent camera where I am but I do intend on entering.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Come on, guys! I need some competition!
One more entry added! But you know, we got like 56 days until the contest is over. I think there will be some tough competition.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I'll try get one done soon. I don't really have a decent camera where I am but I do intend on entering.
I look forward to what everyone comes up with. Currently, it seems like a prize will not be difficult to win.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I look forward to what everyone comes up with. Currently, it seems like a prize will not be difficult to win.
I don't have Photo Shop and even if I would have it, I wouldn't have any idea how to work with it.....

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I don't have Photo Shop and even if I would have it, I wouldn't have any idea how to work with it.....
I don't think a person needs photoshop to participate. there are all kinds of clover ways to play with that composition. I'm not aiming this at you, per se, Catdancer. I'm just saying: there are infinite possibilities. Though, yes, it does seem a person would need, at least, a digital camera or a scanner. Of course, it could be a drawing, not a picture. Or some kind of digital mock-up or ... something. anything.

Feel free to be sublime, sexy, or ridiculous!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

I have an idea for a cover but haven't the time to put it together. If there is experienced graphy that may need an idea, PM me. If the entry wins, we split amazon...2nd or 3rd, CDs are yours...anything after that, it was fun.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How are you coming on your contest?

I submitted one tonight, but damn, I could not figure out how to blurr the photo!

Oh well...hopefully SOMEONE will find some humor in mine.

I have laughed and been in awe of some of the submissions. There is some stiff competition out there.

This has been fun.

Thnx.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Got your entry Betsy. I can't wait until everyone gets to see it. Very clever/cute.

It even gave me an idea (of course. . . I won't be eligible for prizes).

The contest is going well. I'm surprised by the nature of the entries but it's fun. I think a lot of people are camera shy (i can relate). The contest ends in like 45 days, so will be interesting to see how it shapes up. I'm really going to enjoy picking winners and sending out the prizes. This is fun to do. . . wonder what other people will come up with!

Thank you all for your interest.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-29-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Below I'm posting some of the entrants. I think they're too good to be limited to my blog's meager audience!

If you want to join their esteemed ranks, feel free to send your Gift of Screws cover to my email address nobodylovesus77@aol.com (for details on contest, follow the link below)

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 08-04-2008 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Am Lindsey Buckingham!

Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie