Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey at Borders

So I was at Borders today looking at the new releases and of course Lindseys cd was there. Right next to his cds was a giant framed poster of him. The new one where he is sitting outside and looking away from the camera with his guitar. The poster also had the singles on it. I asked the Customer Service lady and shes gunna send it to me when they are done promoting (few weeks) for free!!! I am so pumped!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh neat! What singles were listed,the same ones that are on the front of the cd cover plastic?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Oh neat! What singles were listed,the same ones that are on the front of the cd cover plastic?
Did You Miss Me, Love Runs Deeper, and The Right Place to Fade.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

I am running down there right now! What a cool thing!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last Tuesday, I went to 3 different Borders and was told that they send the posters back to the record company when they are done promoting the new release. At the 1st store, the lady told me it would be stealing if they gave me the poster! Grrr. I drove around for almost 2 hours and was not successful. However, I know of others who were successful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldhrt315 View Post
Last Tuesday, I went to 3 different Borders and was told that they send the posters back to the record company when they are done promoting the new release. At the 1st store, the lady told me it would be stealing if they gave me the poster! Grrr. I drove around for almost 2 hours and was not successful. However, I know of others who were successful.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I was told a similar story. Because it has the word BORDERS on the bottom and a photo of the CD, it is copyrighted they can't give it away nor can they sell it. (HUH? Everything in that store is copyrighted.)

Then she said it was the property of the record company...so I asked if they will send it back...she said no...it will be "destroyed".

I asked "How?"

"We throw it away."

"Can I stand by the dumpster on the day it goes?"

"Our dumpsters are padlocked."

I explained that the record company isn't promoting the Cd and that I belong to an internet site devoted to Fleetwood Mac. A guy on the board told us about the poster. A Borders store in NY took the guys' name and phone number. And plans to give it to him when the promo is finished. (I have no idea where your Borders store is located, AliceLover...)

I pointed out that the poster says Borders not Warners or Reprise, so I think it's a Borders poster.

I smiled, I was polite, I joked, I tried my level best to be sweet, & understanding... The most I could get her to do, was take my name, address and phone number. The manager is supposed to get back to me.

It is a cool poster.

I will keep you posted, (bad pun intended) if I get the call. She wasn't very encouraging though, so maybe they get a lot inquiries...and maybe these Borders employees have strict guidelines, and are company men & women who love their jobs...

I did have my black UTS T-shirt on and did point that out to her. She wasn't impressed.

So I can only conclude ---
(Damn you diet & exercise! You're not working!)

Last edited by Betsy; 09-20-2008 at 11:38 PM..
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldhrt315 View Post
just sounds like a bunch of arseholes to me. My brother worked at a Borders and he took poster and **** from there all the time.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, so I had better luck calling around than going into the store to talk to someone. Those sales associates can't make the final decision anyway. I spoke to the Merchandising Manager at one of the stores who told me "No". The manager said he would save it for me. They doubt that they will use it past Monday so I hopefully can get the poster tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Betsy, I would call around and talk to the Merchandise Manager. I'm sure you will be lucky.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I went to Borders and saw the same thing. Both of the stores in my area have my name and number down to snatch em away when they're done with them! so excited!