The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kirsten was there with what i presume to be her dad and also Will and LeLe, the audience was great, the audience at the SF show the previous night was **** in comparison, last night i had a chat with Lindsey Vannoy at the beginning of the SF show, he was a cool guy had a 30 min chat with him about, Linds, music in general and other people he has worked for...he looked at me like i was a freak when i told him i was going to 10 shows though...lol oh and Javier was at the SF show.
I just really want linds to start mixing up the set
Old 09-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

When he introduced DYMM he said he didn't know what a single was, but that it had been "serviced" to several [radio] formats, whatever that means. He shrugged and said, "We do what we can." I found this interesting because if there is any show that the industry types and Warner Bros. execs will attend it is this one. So, he was not only letting the audience know he's not happy with the lack of promotion, he's letting them know too. Although, tonight he left out the part about not having a video.

Michele
Thanks for your post Michele. But I expect the WARNER BROS (WBR) information will draw condemnation from one Ledgie who seems to be a WBR apologist.

And I'm glad you took someone to the concert. It's always cool to introduce somebody to an artist like Lindsey.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I picked up a keychain last night. The keychain has the DYMM picture on it. I'll use it with the UTS keychain. Hey, maybe he'll do a tour every 18 months and I will have enough keychains to make a charm bracelet.

There was also a white mug that said "Lindsey Buckingham Gift of Screws."

Michele
Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
When I was checking out ticket brokers for the Portland show, I noticed that almost all the tickets they had were for the first three rows. It's too bad that they didn't sell and that those good seats were wasted. Even though the prices weren't too outrageous, they were probably just too much $ for some people to pay to see LB for a second or third time in a couple of years.
Yeah. Lots of brokers had close row tickets for face value, without all the BS service charges, for the Palace of Fine Arts show. Which really sucks, as these tickets weren't available to the fans trying to buy tickets the day they go on sale. Like me.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

One thing at last night's show that I thought was fun was during Go Insane. Towards the end, Lindsey sings the "Go insane" with the low gowling voice and kind of animated. I was about 6 rows back and with the lighting, I could see people turning to their friends and laughing when Lindsey sang it that way. It was cute. It was a really good crowd, I felt, even for the empty seats that were left in the balcony. It partly annoys me and partly entertains me that in parts at Lindsey's show where he's playing a quieter song or explaining the meaning of it, someone in the audience just has to throw in their two cents.

The other "funny" thing was that on the way out, in the parking structure in my car while pulling out, a guy was walking past the line of cars on their way out selling bootleg shirts, which, of course, I had to have. I threw the guy my $10.00 and he gave me the shirt and I didn't look at it again until I got home. I'm not so suprised at the not so great graphics on the shirt, but I had to laugh when I saw the date 2007 on the front and a list of cities on the back with another 2007 at the bottom. Too funny. I guess that really makes it a collector's item.

Also, does anyone know what his guitar picks look like? Last time, I know they were Nine Inch Nails, but it looked like there was an L B on the pick and then possibly two other letters and something on the back, but it was hard to tell.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Yeah. Lots of brokers had close row tickets for face value, without all the BS service charges, for the Palace of Fine Arts show. Which really sucks, as these tickets weren't available to the fans trying to buy tickets the day they go on sale. Like me.
Yeah, they kind of ruin it for the true fans, although, I have to admit I was blessed by the opportunity to make use of the empty 2nd row! No one should have to sit in the balcony and be teased by the empty seats...Thanks Newmark for ignoring my "relocation" touching his boot and leg was quite satisfying to say the least!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNLB View Post

Also, does anyone know what his guitar picks look like? Last time, I know they were Nine Inch Nails, but it looked like there was an L B on the pick and then possibly two other letters and something on the back, but it was hard to tell.
Mine had the NIN and on the other side a picture of a black pick with a red circle and slash -No Pick-
Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
There was no need for shows at Royce Hall AND Anaheim/Grove- the audience just isn't there.
The venues are far enough apart (about 50-60 miles) that, yes, there was a need. You won't catch me driving to UCLA to see Buckingham, but I'll bicycle the three miles to The Grove.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The venues are far enough apart (about 50-60 miles) that, yes, there was a need. You won't catch me driving to UCLA to see Buckingham, but I'll bicycle the three miles to The Grove.
Cool. So your going to that show?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post
Mine had the NIN and on the other side a picture of a black pick with a red circle and slash -No Pick-
Okay, thanks. I must have been hallucinating when I thought I saw an L B on the pick. Wishful thinking, I guess!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, thanks. I must have been hallucinating when I thought I saw an L B on the pick. Wishful thinking, I guess!
Maybe not, I have read others that say the same thing initials- mine has fingerprints!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe not, I have read others that say the same thing initials- mine has fingerprints!
Yep, it does have the letters LB and then underneath the letters TI on one side and the 'no pick' logo on the other. I was able to get a pick last night and that was the first thing I looked at. Yay! I wasn't seeing things!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, it does have the letters LB and then underneath the letters TI on one side and the 'no pick' logo on the other. I was able to get a pick last night and that was the first thing I looked at. Yay! I wasn't seeing things!
That is too cool! I am sure I will probably feel stupid asking this question....but, TI ? what does that stand for?

I'd love to hear your story, maybe you could post under the positive experience thread!? I'd love to read the Details
Old 09-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That is too cool! I am sure I will probably feel stupid asking this question....but, TI ? what does that stand for?

I'd love to hear your story, maybe you could post under the positive experience thread!? I'd love to read the Details
Hahaha, I'm not sure any of us know what the T. I. means.

You can read LOTS of positive comments on the Grove of Anaheim thread, including my comments:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37428

I think your positive experience thread is a great idea, but since I already posted mine, people might get bored with it. Hahahaa!! Looking forward to the stories that are posted there, though.