User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I suspect she was already contractually obligated to the tour, or she might have shut down this whole cover band embarrassment. If Chris were to walk away from the band after this tour, FM would be over. And that most certainly wouldn’t be in any of their interests.
Either Stevie had so had it with Lindsey that she was prepared for this to be the last tour, or she didn't think ahead. I suspect the former.

Lindsey leveraged Christine's return to do what he had long wanted to do but couldn't: make an album with FM (or as much of it as he could get in the studio door).

Stevie likely did the same, but in her case the thing she had long wanted to do was get Lindsey out of the band.

Last edited by cbBen; 01-03-2019 at 09:49 PM..
Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can also see Chris putting her foot down about Lindsey returning, too. His whole ouster was planned & executed behind her back. Chris had to of been p!ssed. I suspect she was already contractually obligated to the tour, or she might have shut down this whole cover band embarrassment. If Chris were to walk away from the band after this tour, FM would be over. And that most certainly wouldn’t be in any of their interests.
OR, Christine could be enjoying the new lineup and tour and wants it to continue. I have zero doubt that she didn’t see the humor in what they did or that she misses Lindsey, but that doesn’t equate to not wanting to continue with the current situation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
OR, Christine could be enjoying the new lineup and tour and wants it to continue. I have zero doubt that she didn’t see the humor in what they did or that she misses Lindsey, but that doesn’t equate to not wanting to continue with the current situation.
I think she's too saavy and experienced in the industry to not know what the skuttle butt is out there on this whole debacle. She seems too professional to agree with what happened. And I think the legacy means more to her now than it did in 1998, and she feels it's important. (just MHO)
Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the 90s, a reunion of the Rumours band seemed an impossibility. Then after Christine left and became a hermit, her return seemed even more improbable. Which is exactly why I think Lindsey’s return is possible. Stevie made the ultimate power move and won. She’s now also the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice. She’s finally gotten the respect from the band and the industry. I can see Stevie inviting Lindsey back now that she’s made her point, with certain concessions of course. No more demands for a new album, etc.
After what she did, I think she lost Lindsey's respect. And in addition, his whole family's (and I'm not talking about his wife and kids. I'm talking about the family that welcomed her into their house when she was a teenager).

I also don't think Lindsey will ask anything of her, IF he ever comes back. I think he lost all kind of enthusiasm in working with these people again. And what's the point of coming back if he has to do what she wants?

He's probably more interested in working with Christine (and only Christine) again. He said it many times in his M&G.

Quote:
I can also see Chris putting her foot down about Lindsey returning, too. His whole ouster was planned & executed behind her back. Chris had to of been p!ssed. I suspect she was already contractually obligated to the tour, or she might have shut down this whole cover band embarrassment. If Chris were to walk away from the band after this tour, FM would be over. And that most certainly wouldn’t be in any of their interests.
She said to Lindsey that she was very dissapointed at Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She’s finally gotten the respect from the band and the industry. I can see Stevie inviting Lindsey back now that she’s made her point, with certain concessions of course. No more demands for a new album, etc.
wow, you cannot be serious! she has less respect from the band now than she ever had. she made a power move and they had to eat it, for money, contracts, or whatever. that does not get you respect from your peers, when they watch you screw over one of you. it may get you fear that you are next maybe. power move like that gains you fear, but not respect.

and seriously? the only way Lindsey comes back is if Stevie grovels. NOT if Stevie makes demands of him. his whole lawsuit was about getting out the facts, and if you think he'd come back with his tail between legs you haven't been paying attention last year. and now you think he'd after what happened last year go back to appeasing Stevie - something that mostly got him a colossal waste of time for the last 20 years and ultimately ouster from the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
now i'm completely sure Steve handed over his social media accounts to Karen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He's probably more interested in working with Christine (and only Christine) again. He said it many times in his M&G.

She said to Lindsey that she was very dissapointed at Stevie.
yeah pretty sure he would like to work with her again. hope they get some time to do that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, you cannot be serious! she has less respect from the band now than she ever had. she made a power move and they had to eat it, for money, contracts, or whatever. that does not get you respect from your peers, when they watch you screw over one of you. it may get you fear that you are next maybe. power move like that gains you fear, but not respect.

and seriously? the only way Lindsey comes back is if Stevie grovels. NOT if Stevie makes demands of him. his whole lawsuit was about getting out the facts, and if you think he'd come back with his tail between legs you haven't been paying attention last year. and now you think he'd after what happened last year go back to appeasing Stevie - something that mostly got him a colossal waste of time for the last 20 years and ultimately ouster from the band.

now i'm completely sure Steve handed over his social media accounts to Karen.

yeah pretty sure he would like to work with her again. hope they get some time to do that.
When I say Stevie has finally garnered respect from the band, I don’t mean respect as a singer, songwriter, performer, or even as a person. I mean that they must suddenly respect her power. For decades Stevie was critically dismissed by both the music industry as well as her very own bandmates. No more. Fleetwood Mac was once run by Mick... then for many years it became a sort of democracy. Now, it’s a dictatorship ruled entirely by Stevie. Quite a coup for Stevie, as she rode in on Lindsey’s coattails... and has now fired him, and has the rest of the band at her complete mercy.

Regarding the band having to grovel to Lindsey to get him to return, maybe if this was 25 years ago. The interviews he’s done this past year have only impressed upon me how willing he would be to return to the band, and how much the band’s legacy means to him, and how he feels it’s important to wrap up the name Fleetwood Mac with a more dignified ending. He seems quite wistful, despite the childishly degrading way he was shown the door. And it’s not like the band has a long future before it, anyway. I think Lindsey knows it has one, maybe two additional tours left in it... and that he could put aside his creative disagreements long enough to close out the band in a respectful way.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I say Stevie has finally garnered respect from the band, I don’t mean respect as a singer, songwriter, performer, or even as a person. I mean that they must suddenly respect her power. For decades Stevie was critically dismissed by both the music industry as well as her very own bandmates. No more. Fleetwood Mac was once run by Mick... then for many years it became a sort of democracy. Now, it’s a dictatorship ruled entirely by Stevie. Quite a coup for Stevie, as she rode in on Lindsey’s coattails... and has now fired him, and has the rest of the band at her complete mercy.

Regarding the band having to grovel to Lindsey to get him to return, maybe if this was 25 years ago. The interviews he’s done this past year have only impressed upon me how willing he would be to return to the band, and how much the band’s legacy means to him, and how he feels it’s important to wrap up the name Fleetwood Mac with a more dignified ending. He seems quite wistful, despite the childishly degrading way he was shown the door. And it’s not like the band has a long future before it, anyway. I think Lindsey knows it has one, maybe two additional tours left in it... and that he could put aside his creative disagreements long enough to close out the band in a respectful way.
I have no idea how in TF he could go back after this? WHO would go back after being treated like that? Sure, he wants the pay check and the fame of playing in front of 20K instead of 2K. But at this point in the game? I think he'd look bigger telling them to FO. Let them ride into the sunset as The Old Goat's cover band. I'm sure Chris, John, and even whore Mick are ashamed of how this played out. They should be! And as much as that's how our band SHOULD end, it's f*cked up beyond repair, IMO.

$tevie Nick$ is the worst thing that every happened to the artistry of FM.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe he goes back to reinforce the idea that the experiment excluding his was a mistake, and that the band acknowledges (even if only implicitly) that he is in fact irreplaceable – and to shore up the band's damaged legacy since, even though he had little to no part in damaging it, he cares about seeing it restored.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Maybe he goes back to reinforce the idea that the experiment excluding his was a mistake, and that the band acknowledges (even if only implicitly) that he is in fact irreplaceable – and to shore up the band's damaged legacy since, even though he had little to no part in damaging it, he cares about seeing it restored.
Would YOU go back, after worldwide embarrassment? I wouldn't. Not unless I really needed the money. And I'm sure he doesn't.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He seems willing to end his career with FM in a more dignified way. Yes, he's probably also doing it for the money, but I think he needs this closure with the band before going on with his solo work. He seems more focused in doing it for the fans and for himself than for the band.

I think all of them need to put aside their own agenda if they want this to work again. Not just Lindsey.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He seems willing to end his career with FM in a more dignified way. Yes, he's probably also doing it for the money, but I think he needs this closure with the band before going on with his solo work. He seems more focused in doing it for the fans and for himself than for the band.

I think all of them need to put aside their own agenda if they want this to work again. Not just Lindsey.
Do you see the Old Goat giving up her agenda? $he's the BO$$.

I will lose a LOT of respect for him if he goes back.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Would YOU go back, after worldwide embarrassment? I wouldn't. Not unless I really needed the money. And I'm sure he doesn't.
There's a weird syndrome at work in many of us in similar circumstances. I've known several people who were mistreated at work, left, and returned some time later when asked. You all undoubtedly know—are are—these people. In 1997, when Lindsey signed back in, it was different because Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine were all coming back after an absence, and the first time heralding the Holy Fivesome had a chilling effect on the spine because it was the first time. (Rolling Stone didn't just decide to give FM a 1997 cover story because those second-generation writers, swimming in hip-hop, post-grunge, and alternative, suddenly decided that Rhiannon and Say You Love Me were relevant. It was because that reunion and its subsequent commercial success were intended to be what they used to call a Happening in the sixties.)

But that wondrous sense of possibilities and healing and all that sh!t isn't really operative anymore, is it? Who wants to or needs to experience a Spiritual Reconvening of five rock stars a second time? Doesn't it begin to feel like a corny script at this point? Fleetwood Mac as the American Rock Dunciad?

In Lindsey's psyche, the band's legacy is going to have to remain unfulfilled. Lindsey should see his shrink—not rejoin Fleetwood Mac—to help him with closure.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:

now this post i almost completely agree with!

except that last part - 2-3 tours?? that is 10 years!! he's 69. realistically he's got probably good 10 active years left, IF we are lucky. so why would he spend those 10 years doing nostalgia greatest hits tours? he's already done 2009, 2013, and 2014-15. how would 2 more such tours add anything to band's legacy? there's no reason whatsoever for him to return to what they became, however wistful he might be. he was treading water with them, still trying to do something - anything! - different from the nostalgia band circuit, and not succeeding, and they completely went off the deep end instead. so now they have 4th nostalgia tour in a row, and at least he's not wasting his time with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There's a weird syndrome at work in many of us in similar circumstances. I've known several people who were mistreated at work, left, and returned some time later when asked. You all undoubtedly know—are are—these people. In 1997, when Lindsey signed back in, it was different because Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine were all coming back after an absence, and the first time heralding the Holy Fivesome had a chilling effect on the spine because it was the first time. (Rolling Stone didn't just decide to give FM a 1997 cover story because those second-generation writers, swimming in hip-hop, post-grunge, and alternative, suddenly decided that Rhiannon and Say You Love Me were relevant. It was because that reunion and its subsequent commercial success were intended to be what they used to call a Happening in the sixties.)

But that wondrous sense of possibilities and healing and all that sh!t isn't really operative anymore, is it? Who wants to or needs to experience a Spiritual Reconvening of five rock stars a second time? Doesn't it begin to feel like a corny script at this point? Fleetwood Mac as the American Rock Dunciad?

In Lindsey's psyche, the band's legacy is going to have to remain unfulfilled. Lindsey should see his shrink—not rejoin Fleetwood Mac—to help him with closure.
thank you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Exactly. It's not a new phenomenon for them to reconvene...again.

IMO, it's pathetic that he feels the need to, after that monumental disrespect the old goat handed him. I think everyone wants to "go out on top", playing to 20K people a night. But, HE NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN. The sh*t was too deep this time, and Christine is close to not being able to do it any longer, so what's the point? Proving that he's the artistic alchemist behind their last 44 years(which he IS and was)? UNTIL the old goat gets pissed again, and throws another tantrum, and decides to fire him again? **** them, Lindsey. **** them.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

My personal desire is for Chris to retire from FM after this and she and LB do one more BuckVie album and Tour. Plus whatever solo magic he’s willing to give us (albums and tours). No more FM.... sad but true. They don’t deserve him. And he doesn’t need that crap, not after how 2018 went down. Nope.