Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
re: Stevie looking to the side

Easier to photoshop? Wearing black also makes it easier to tweak other areas too. I'm not complaining - I think the picture is great! But, do think some tweaking has been done.
Nah, she has been looking down or to the side since publicity tour started. But Christine has gained confidence since Stevie I think has lost some.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Nah, she has been looking down or to the side since publicity tour started. But Christine has gained confidence since Stevie I think has lost some.
Stevie...just because you aren't looking at the camera doesn't mean we can't see you.... And not to be catty, but Christine's boots are awful Doesn't go with that look
Old 05-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's foot says it all, the middle person who should of been there got the boot love Stevie's boots though
Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie probably doesn't want a straight-on shot in order to look younger. Remember Live in Boston? She was filmed exclusively from the side for that.

Mike has looked miserable in every photo/interview since he joined. Mick looks pleased with himself.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Stevie probably doesn't want a straight-on shot in order to look younger. Remember Live in Boston? She was filmed exclusively from the side for that.

Mike has looked miserable in every photo/interview since he joined. Mick looks pleased with himself.
Part of me feels a little bad for Mike?
I'm mad he agreed to take the job, but I also kind of get it. He lost his best friend and musical partner so I can imagine he was probably feeling lost as to what he would do now and then this opportunity presented itself so he took it. And I feel like a lot of people, because they always think of Stevie Nicks as being the member of Fleetwood Mac associated with the Heartbreakers, forget that Lindsey has had a great relationship with them too? They worked together, I believe I even read somewhere that Lindsey was around in the studio a lot while they recorded some of their 80s and 90s albums and that he played a little bit on some of the songs but it wasn't credited (don't know if this is true though, I just read it somewhere). Tom himself especially was always hugely complimentary of Lindsey and it seemed like they were friends. When he did a radio host thing and he got to pick the music to play, he played solo Lindsey material. He literally even asked him to join the Heartbreakers!

I believe Mike when he said Lindsey is one of his favorite musicians and that he was sad about what happened. It's probably just going to be a bit awkward for him, being stuck in the middle of this situation, especially considering Stevie's part in it and him probably knowing a bunch of the fans wish it was Lindsey and not him up there on stage.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Mick's foot says it all, the middle person who should of been there got the boot love Stevie's boots though
yup, i've seen tweets asking - hey Mick, is that the foot that kicked LB out?

what a sad, horrible, low person. remember when Lindsey rented a winnebago and kept it in his front yard so mick can crawl into it when he was half-homeless and too high and drunk to go home after the Tango sessions? yeah, Mick doesn't. or when Lindsey did Tango to begin with to save Mick's a** from bankruptcy? yeah Mick doesn't. or when he decided to come back to FM that became a complete laughing stock especially after Mick's performance with Samantha Fox on that one show and people were singing "i'd rather jack"? yeah Mick doesn't. the list goes on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Part of me feels a little bad for Mike?
I'm mad he agreed to take the job, but I also kind of get it. He lost his best friend and musical partner so I can imagine he was probably feeling lost as to what he would do now and then this opportunity presented itself so he took it. And I feel like a lot of people, because they always think of Stevie Nicks as being the member of Fleetwood Mac associated with the Heartbreakers, forget that Lindsey has had a great relationship with them too? They worked together, I believe I even read somewhere that Lindsey was around in the studio a lot while they recorded some of their 80s and 90s albums and that he played a little bit on some of the songs but it wasn't credited (don't know if this is true though, I just read it somewhere). Tom himself especially was always hugely complimentary of Lindsey and it seemed like they were friends. When he did a radio host thing and he got to pick the music to play, he played solo Lindsey material. He literally even asked him to join the Heartbreakers!

I believe Mike when he said Lindsey is one of his favorite musicians and that he was sad about what happened. It's probably just going to be a bit awkward for him, being stuck in the middle of this situation, especially considering Stevie's part in it and him probably knowing a bunch of the fans wish it was Lindsey and not him up there on stage.
Yeah, he's in an awkward spot. (Neil too.) I just wish they would have disbanded. Christine and Lindsey could've done BuckVie II, Stevie could continue her solo career, Mick could do his blues and side gigs, and John could retire to his boat. Instead, we get this. And I'm convinced they'll disband after this tour anyway, which will be the last public impression of FM.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This pic makes me want to hurl.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Yeah, he's in an awkward spot. (Neil too.) I just wish they would have disbanded. Christine and Lindsey could've done BuckVie II, Stevie could continue her solo career, Mick could do his blues and side gigs, and John could retire to his boat. Instead, we get this. And I'm convinced they'll disband after this tour anyway, which will be the last public impression of FM.
I don't get it..... why they didn't just disband. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine and John don't need anymore money....stick to solo tours, BuckVie, Blues band whatever if you want to keep touring....it's only Mick who is terrible with money and at your age mate grow up and learn to stop overspending, you've probably got a few mill in the band and a restaurant surely that's enough to prevent you from starving.... You didn't need to tour, why did it have to get to the point that you would fire your musical leader....
Old 05-05-2018, 04:47 AM

Default Colored version

Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I wonder what Neil's key around his neck unlocks?!!
Old 05-05-2018, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John's face says 'Are you sure you want to deal with this lot?' ;0
Old 05-05-2018, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, i've seen tweets asking - hey Mick, is that the foot that kicked LB out?

what a sad, horrible, low person. remember when Lindsey rented a winnebago and kept it in his front yard so mick can crawl into it when he was half-homeless and too high and drunk to go home after the Tango sessions? yeah, Mick doesn't. or when Lindsey did Tango to begin with to save Mick's a** from bankruptcy? yeah Mick doesn't. or when he decided to come back to FM that became a complete laughing stock especially after Mick's performance with Samantha Fox on that one show and people were singing "i'd rather jack"? yeah Mick doesn't. the list goes on.
Yep, and i am sure the list goes on
Old 05-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to see them. Lindsey is easily my favorite musician - always has been.
But put Mike Campbell on a stage with anyone and I'm there.
Really looking forward to this tour.

The only thing that tempers the disappointment is imagining so many songs with Campbell's playing. During Tom Petty's Hollywood Bowl show last year, there were people next to us who said "Wow, he sounds like he's playing the scorching solo at the end of The Chain".