User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Favorite FM Time Period: Welch era, although I like them all (with the possible exception of the Bekka era ... sorry ... can't stand her singing style.)
...and somewhere a fairy (or is it a kitten, I can't remember) dies of a broken heart because you don't like Bekka...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 40...I just realized how long I've been on here.

When you became a fan: 1987

How you became a fan:
I first saw the video for 'Gypsy' and heard 'Hold Me' in '82, and loved them, but was very much into the British new romantic/new wave music. In '87 I hear 'Seven Wonders', and that was it. I went out and bought 'Tango', then started buying all the earlier albums.

First 3 FM songs: That I heard? Gypsy, Hold Me, and Eyes Of The World

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: 1975 - 1987 though after years of being into Stevie-only eras, I finally took time to listen to the earlier stuff, and 'Time'.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage:
Lindsey - 40%, Stevie - 30%, Christine - 30% (This has really changed over the years.)

Concerts you've attended:
SYW St. Louis 2003 & UTS St. Louis 2007

FM stuff you own: tourbooks, songbooks, fanzines, lps, singles, magazines, etc

Favorite thing about FM:
the music

Least favorite thing about FM: Christine being gone.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No. I'm a lot less obsessed. lol

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Christine returning for a tour

You wish for the future of the Mac: Another album, remasters of the rest of their catalog, and maybe a tour

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 28

When you became a fan: 1997

How you became a fan: Saw "The Dance" on MTV.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Don't Stop and Go Your Own Way (got the greatest hits)

First FM vocalist:Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk - Mirage

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: I don't even know what that means.

Concerts you've attended: The Dance, Peter Green's Splinter Group, Stevie's Enchanted Tour, Say You Will Tour (Twice), Trouble In Shangri-la tour, Unleashed tour.

FM stuff you own: Tons of cds, dvds, a stevie t-shirt.

Favorite thing about FM: The raw emotion in the work and the fact that no one else comes close to sounding like them, in any incarnation.

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that it takes 20 years to make a frickin' record!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Far more obsessed.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie, Lindsey, Bekka, Mick, John.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Just one more album, please!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Ledgie

Age Range: 22

When you became a fan: 2006

How you became a fan: Interestingly enough I found two songs from Future Games and two from Bare Trees ('Danny's Chant' and 'Bare Trees', I think for FG it was 'Woman of a Thousand Years and 'Sands of Time') on a blog from a guy who found them in his parent's basement and had to share their beauty. Though I had remembered listening to Mac with my parents (they had the Dance) and I raided my parents stuff and found The Dance on CD. I then got Tusk and Rumours and seeked out the Welch and Kirwan stuff as soon as I could whilst grooving on I'm So Afraid, The Chain, Tusk, Sweet Girl, Dreams, etc. Songs I didn't even know I knew!

First 3 FM songs: I guess it was Bare Trees that sealed the deal. And the other Kirwan selections, Danny's Chant and Woman of 1000 Years. Odd, that.

First FM vocalist: Kirwan

Favorite FM Time Period: Really, it'd be 69-87, but I'll narrow it down a bit and go '71-'79. But if it's more line-up specific I'll give up and go with the FM/Rumours/Tusk trifecta.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: That's tough. I'd say 40% Lindsey 30% Christine 30% Stevie

Concerts you've attended: none. I'll get out now.

FM stuff you own: Don't have any posters or t-shirts, but I got the whole collection on CD and some sweet vinyl finds. I've been off and on buying Mac related tunes to groove to for five years and just today I got Buckingham Nicks on vinyl (I had some not so great bootleg CD copy before that) and I'm Not Me for $3 and then In the Skies with an alternate Canadian pressing cover for $20 some odd dollars.

Favorite thing about FM: Mostly the guitarists. Green, Kirwan, Buck, Welch. Every era had something sweet going on sonically. Except Behind the Mask maybe. I also love the honest lyrics and there's just a mysterious quality that the songwriters in this band seem to possess. Maybe that's why they've all gone off the deep end at one point or another. Save for Christine and Bob and some of the more pedestrain members (Billy, etc.). Stevie with the witchcraft imagery, Bob with the aliens, Peter's later stuff.

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that most of my friends know I like them but they don't know there's more to them then the songs they play in the grocery stores (GYOW).

Most of them can't be bothered to know more either when I try and show them. There's a couple exceptions. But a lot of people just think pop, like Abba or the Eagles... when really the rhythms are so different for pop music even on the most mainstream singles...

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Well, I dumbfound my mother and my best friend with random Mac facts sometimes.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: A young healthy Kirwan, a willing Christine, Lindsey/Stevie, Green and John and Mick.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Just to see them live this year.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 25-30

When you became a fan: about 9 years ago

How you became a fan: used to swap music with a friends dad and he showed me stevie nicks then fleetwood mac

First 3 FM songs: first heard? fleetwood mac songs - probably "dont stop", "the chain" (ftrom formula 1 GP) and GYOW

First FM vocalist: Stevie nicks but Im more of a Lindsey Fan now

Favorite FM Time Period: anything which wasnt "time album"

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 70% lindsey 20% Stevie 10% christine

Concerts you've attended: Say You Will 2004 x2, stevie nicks enchanted tour, Unleashed x 2

FM stuff you own: FM and LB CDs and DVDs, couple of lindsey style guitars, buckingham nicks LP, bootleg vinyl (1977) , lindeys pick, few programmes, few tshirts and a hoodie

Least favorite thing about FM: The wait between tours and that Lindsey doesnt come to australia on solo tours

Are you the same fan you were when you started: No I was a die hard Nicks fan but Now Im a die hard Lindsey fan

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen (again): same as others (christine included)

You wish for the future of the Mac: New album, world tour

Last edited by erwk05; 03-09-2011 at 06:18 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd bump this for the newer/lurking Ledgies. Just copy/paste the survery from the first post.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I thought it might be a good idea for sorta a Ledgie Fleetwood Mac biography. Uh? What are you talking about?!?

Just answer the following questions about yourself...

Age Range: 20 something, 30 something, etc 49

When you became a fan: they caught my ear during 'Mystery to Me' with 'Hypnotized' and 'For Your Love'

How you became a fan: I loved them on the radio for years,but they were never on TV. I wanted to see them visually . And MTV came around and the rest in history.

First 3 FM songs: I may have heard 'Station Man' back in the day. And the two songs I mentioned on 'Mystery to me.'

First FM vocalist: Bob Welch

Favorite FM Time Period: Peter/Blues, Welch/Christine, '75 through Tusk, Mirage/TITN, BTM/Time, the Dance/2011 White album and Rumours

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: example...40% Stevie, 40% Lindsey, 20% Christine Stevie 34% Chris 28%Lindsey 22% Ye Olde Mac 16%.

Concerts you've attended: The Say You Will Tour in Denver. Just one show,pretty sad-never saw Chris. They never came to South Dakota.

FM stuff you own: All their albums except a complete version of Penguin(Napster). Framed 'Say You Will' poster. Framed Bob Masse poster.Tour t-shirts from 'The Dance'(Lauratn) Tour t-shirts from 'Say You Will'. I won't mention the solo projects especially my Stevie ****--not to offend anyone.

Favorite thing about FM: Stevie's tush and her writing.

Least favorite thing about FM: The retired Christine McVie.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I still love them very much.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Peter, Jeremy and Danny again.

You wish for the future of the Mac:
Record with Christine but don't tour out of respect of her retirement.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 22

When you became a fan: 1997

How you became a fan: My mom has always been a huge FM/SN fan, so I had heard them all my life, but in 1997 she played the **** out of The Dance and I loved it so much I made her go buy me a copy

First 3 FM songs: The first three I really learned the words to and loved were Dreams, Rhiannon, and Silver Springs.

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk!

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Lindsey - 20%, Stevie - 70%, Christine - 10%

Concerts you've attended: None

FM stuff you own: Tons of vinyls, posters, and CDs, but thats about it.

Favorite thing about FM: Stevie Fukcing Nicks

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that in the past 20 years they've made one new studio album that was actually decent.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I'm and even bigger fan now!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The Rumours five again.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Another album. Remastered deluxe versions of all their albums with unreleased demos and b-sides. A greatest hits package with a separate disc of all their music videos on dvd, like Crystal Visions.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 21

When you became a fan: 25th October 2009

How you became a fan: Went to see FM live in Dublin with my brother for his 18th birthday (he was already a fan). I was completely blown away! Best night of my life! I've been obsessed ever since!

First 3 FM songs: Dreams, Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks ♥

Favorite FM Time Period: The White Album - Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 70% Stevie, 20% Lindsey, 10% Christine

Concerts you've attended: Unleased Tour Dublin - 25th October 2009

FM stuff you own: All the albums on CD. Tusk, Tango In The Night, Rumours, Mirage, FM Live on vinyl. 2 posters, 1 t-shirt. The Dance, Live In Boston, Destiny Rules on DVD (have more Stevie solo stuff)

Favorite thing about FM: Stephanie Lynn Nicks ♥

Least favorite thing about FM: That Lindsey left in 1987

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Much much bigger fan now!!!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John back together again

You wish for the future of the Mac: To see them make another album and see them live again

Photobucket
Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 40 something

When you became a fan: On loooooooong family car trips between New York (where we lived) and Florida (where we vacationed).

How you became a fan: During those trips, I heard "Dreams" over the radio many times and just watched the miles pass by.

First 3 FM songs (heard): It's too far back ... but "Dreams" ... I remember "Don't Stop" being played in gym class a lot and "Over My Head."

First FM vocalist (heard): Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: '75 through Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 30% Stevie, 30% Lindsey, 30% Christine, 10% Peter

Concerts you've attended: 1987 in Tampa, 2009 in Pittsburgh, Atlantic City and East Rutherford, 2008 LB in Atlantic City, New York and coming up, 2011, SN in AC. (I'm terrible with years except '87).

FM stuff you own: Most releases on vinyl, some boots, my pride and joy are five rings -- one with every member, probably from the Rumours era, and I wear the individual rings for each one I'm going to see when I see them in person. Also my treasured autograph from meeting Stevie at the NYC signing.

Favorite thing about FM: I love how they've always changed and grown into something else.

Least favorite thing about FM: It seems to take sooooooo long for new material!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Not even close, but the music touches me in the very same way.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick-John-Lindsey-Stevie-Christine (with Peter!)

You wish for the future of the Mac: I wish that the past and present members are all happy and healthy, and if that means they don't take part in a project, it's fine by me.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 39

When you became a fan: 1982 I was fully on the bandwagon

How you became a fan: Loved the Hold Me video. Completely enthralled w/ Stand Back, put 2 & 2 together, realized I am in Big Love w/ FM!

First 3 FM songs: Tusk, Never Make Me Cry, Hold Me

First FM vocalist: Lindsey, Christine, Stevie later (little did I know)

Favorite FM Time Period: Mirage, TITN

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: My name is Anita, and I am a Stevie Nicks fan. HOWEVER, I have utmost appreciation for all things FM. And I also do not think that FM IS Stevie Nicks. To break down the Mac vocally, I'd try and even the % out between the Rumours line up. SN, LB & Chris, but I also REALLY like Welch.

Concerts you've attended: 1987 TITN being the first. I've gone as far as Colorado, Nevada, Northern/Southern Cal. FM/SN/LB shows tally real close to 100x's.

FM stuff you own: What I don't own are some of the higher end SN things. As for FM, it's bountiful. I have collector traits, and since becoming a fan, I began my collecting immediately. Even when I scaled things back a bit, I could still open a small exhibit. lol

Favorite thing about FM: Years and years of memories and the happiest place on earth for me to go to when things aren't so swell.

Least favorite thing about FM: A)The need to rape you financially if you want to see them live. Despite "times a changing" FM has a stake in this by touring w/out something to promote, etc. B)The need to keep the name FM on the marquee no matter who the line up. I both see the thinking and despise the thinking.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Economically, I'm a "bigger fan" cause I can buy what I want now. But I don't think that's what makes a fan neccessarily. The times I haven't been so much of a fan, is when I've gotten hosed by a fleeting fan. I've def had my ups and downs of fandom. To and for the band, it's never waivered.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The ultimate jam. Referring to the comment above, FM has gone thru so many tansitions. On the anniversary of FM being first FM, I think they ought to get any and all members (ugh, even Bekka ) and turn that mother out. THAT ould be worth the price of $300+ admission!

You wish for the future of the Mac:
I don't know what can or will be the future of FM. Keep making music if there is soul in it, not $signs. The dumbass that I am would buy it either way, but....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 20

When you became a fan: From the time I was in the womb, due to my father repeatedly forcing my mother to listen to FM with him while she was pregnant

How you became a fan: See above - I was raised on FM

First 3 FM songs: I have no idea, since I've listened to them since I was a baby. I think the first one I can actually remember listening to is Sara.

First FM vocalist: see above

Favorite FM Time Period: The White Album through Tango in the Night. Pretty much anything, actually, with the exception of Time (it just feels wrong to me having a woman other than Stevie or Chris in the group)

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Ugh this is too hard. Probably 50% Chris, 35% Stevie, and 15% Lindsey

Concerts you've attended: I've seen them twice on the Say You Will Tour (St. Paul on 6/19 and Philadelphia on 9/28), once on the Unleashed Tour (3/3 in St. Paul). I also saw Stevie during the Dreams tour (7/06 in Minneapolis).

FM stuff you own: Oh dearie me...hmm...I have all studio albums and compilations on CD, all the studio albums and some miscellaneous singles on vinyl, The Classic Albums of Rumours on DVD, Live in Boston on DVD, The Dance on both DVD and VHS, Tango in Night on both DVD and VHS, Mirage Tour Concert on VHS, 16 or so different books (I'm not sure how many there are total...), quite a few old magazines, probably enough posters to wallpaper the house (okay maybe not that many), autographed picture of Stevie signed personally to me...several vintage T-shirts (and new ones)...ugh, probably more that I can't remember. I won't even name the solo albums I have and which format, because I already have a headache from trying to think of all that stuff...

Favorite thing about FM: Well the music, of course I guess I also love how timeless they seem to be, both the music and as a band. I love that camaraderie that you see between them on videos and such (although in your mind you know that they're constantly fighting). I love how awesome they all seem as people. There just so cool, all around.

Least favorite thing about FM: I hate hearing about the fighting and how miserable some people were touring and recording, and how bad the drug use was - just all the negative stuff. I don't dislike them for it; I just wish it didn't have to happen like that. No one wants the people they look up to to be miserable, do they? Hearing about Christine having panic attacks is another thing that just kills me -I myself have panic disorder and a lot of anxiety/phobias. I know how horrible panic attacks are. I really love Chris with all my heart and I hate that she had to go through something so horrid. Poor thing. Anyhow, the drugs and fighting shaped a lot of the music they through the years though, so maybe I don't wish it had ever happened. Hmm. I don't like Chris being gone, either.

Are you the same fan you were when you started:
Seeing as I started as a fan at a very young age, definitely not. A lot of that is just growing up and learning what things mean, though - understanding something in the lyrics you were too young to get before, an epiphany about the meaning of a song, that sort of thing. I also took an interest in learning about the band itself and the members, instead of just listening to the music (then again, most people do that with bands they love). When I started playing piano and guitar growing up, I could really appreciate a lot of the actual musical things more. I guess for quite awhile as I was growing up, I was also the ever evolving fan. I'm also for more obsessive these days, I suppose

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Nothing fancy - John, Christine, Mick, Stevie, Lindsey. I've always said that I'd willingly trade the 3 times I've seen Fleetwood Mac live for the chance to see them with Chris just once. In a heartbeat.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I'd DIE for Chris to come back. Also, I guess I'd really just want them to keep making albums, plus touring every so often would be nice too. As long as they're happy and enjoying it.

Last edited by kick.inside; 04-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: Kept looking around the room noticing FM stuff I own that I forgot to list!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a cool idea fr a thread.

When you became a fan: Casual fan: 1987 when TITN came out. I had the cassette. Interest re-peaked as of 1997. Crazed fan around '03.

How you became a fan: Seeing The Dance on TV.

First 3 FM songs: Like, Top 3? The Chain, Go Your Own Way, Angel

Favorite FM Time Period: '75 through Tusk if I had to choose.

Concerts you've attended: Oh God, I've lost count. 1 Dance show. 7 SYW shows (?) including a dress rehearsal. 1 Unleashed show.

FM stuff you own: Several Tshirts, programs, vinyl, a few posters

Favorite thing about FM: The music

Least favorite thing about FM: Too long in between albums.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: NO. I was way more of a naive shipper then. I'm more cynical now.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Same as now + Christine

You wish for the future of the Mac: That they'd get their **** together to do a 45/35/25/15 year anniversary tour in '12 with past members (namely Chris, Peter, Bob) making appearances at various shows to do a couple of their era's tunes. Add that to the "won't ever happen" list above.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When you became a fan: I believe it was November 17, 2010!

How you became a fan: We were putting up our Christmas tree and my dad put The Dance CD on. Him and my mom went upstairs right after that and I layed down on the bed and just started listening to the music...and was BLOWN AWAY! Especially by Rhiannon!

First 3 FM songs: I had obviously heard FM before that day. I distinctly remember Go Your Own Way from my childhood. I think every child remembers their father playing that one! Also I know I had heard Say You Will before. But the first 3 that I heard that day were The Chain, Dreams and Everywhere. The first 3 songs on The Dance album

First FM vocalist: Lindsey

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk all the way! Then Tango in the Night and The Dance-present.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 60%-Lindsey 30%-Stevie 10%-Christine. But this changes a lot.

Concerts you've attended: Haven't been a fan long enough. But will definitely see them next time they come around! I heard Lindsey is planning a tour for Seeds We Sow and I am already preparing for that!

FM stuff you own: Only the deluxe edition of the white album on CD that my friend got me for my birthday. I just ordered Tusk off amazon 2 days ago I look forward to getting the rest of the albums in time. Along with everyone's solo work that I'm not at all familiar with except Go Insane. There is still sooo much Fleetwood Mac I have yet to discover!

Favorite thing about FM: The music of course, but also the DRAMA Their stories and relationships are what make their music that much more interesting.

Least favorite thing about FM: Lizard People... I am ashamed that that song is associated with the name Fleetwood Mac! I try to forget it exists!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: The same day I heard The Dance I borrowed my dad's copy and listened to it A LOT! It wasn't until the beginning of the year though that I really got into them in an obsessive kind of way

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: I think Carol Ann Harris should have been added to the band.... <-- JOKING! I am insanely interested in her though!

You wish for the future of the Mac: Obviously another album! It would also be nice if Christine would perform again with them at least once!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Least favorite thing about FM: Lizard People... I am ashamed that that song is associated with the name Fleetwood Mac! I try to forget it exists!
Blasphemy!!

I bought ITBOMM just so I had Lizard People on vinyl.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr