Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 AM
Ledgie

When you became a fan: End of last year

How you became a fan: Before last year, I'd heard of Fleetwood Mac maybe once, but had never heard any of their songs, or heard of any of the individual band members. So my real introduction to Fleetwood Mac was through the last season of American Horror Story. I immediately connected to Misty Day's character, and Misty loved Stevie- so all of a sudden I had this wonderful new world of people and music opened up to me because of that show.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Landslide, Dreams

Favorite FM Time Period: 75-79

Concerts you've attended: None, but if FM come to New Zealand next year (which I've heard is pretty likely) I'm hoping to be able to see them.

FM stuff you own: All the albums in one form or another, heaps of videos, documentaries, demos and live audio on my laptop, and the Classic Albums documentary for Rumours on DVD.

Favorite thing about FM: The diversity of it all. The people are diverse, the music is diverse, and they all have their own styles of performance. And the drama, which fascinates me. The level of drama that happened (and still happens to some extent?) between that band could rival that which goes on in groups of overprivileged, hormonal, shrieking, 14-year-old girls.

Least favorite thing about FM: If I want to go and see them when/if they come to my country, I'm probably going to have to sell a kidney on the black market in order to get enough money for my ticket.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I don't think I've been a fan long enough to answer this

You wish for the future of the Mac: Start performing Crystal instead of Dreams, get honest opinions on what works and what doesn't in relation to the new album (I feel like with some of Stevie's solo work, there are bits that could've been improved with more honesty from the people around her), and do a live DVD.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyhelena View Post

When you became a fan: End of last year

How you became a fan: Before last year, I'd heard of Fleetwood Mac maybe once, but had never heard any of their songs, or heard of any of the individual band members. So my real introduction to Fleetwood Mac was through the last season of American Horror Story. I immediately connected to Misty Day's character, and Misty loved Stevie- so all of a sudden I had this wonderful new world of people and music opened up to me because of that show.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Landslide, Dreams

Concerts you've attended: None, but if FM come to New Zealand next year (which I've heard is pretty likely) I'm hoping to be able to see them.

FM stuff you own: All the albums in one form or another, heaps of videos, documentaries, demos and live audio on my laptop, and the Classic Albums documentary for Rumours on DVD.

Favorite thing about FM: The diversity of it all. The people are diverse, the music is diverse, and they all have their own styles of performance. And the drama, which fascinates me. The level of drama that happened (and still happens to some extent?) between that band could rival that which goes on in groups of overprivileged, hormonal, shrieking, 14-year-old girls.

Least favorite thing about FM: If I want to go and see them when/if they come to my country, I'm probably going to have to sell a kidney on the black market in order to get enough money for my ticket.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I don't think I've been a fan long enough to answer this

You wish for the future of the Mac: Start performing Crystal instead of Dreams, get honest opinions on what works and what doesn't in relation to the new album (I feel like with some of Stevie's solo work, there are bits that could've been improved with more honesty from the people around her), and do a live DVD.
Your from New Zealand? Cool! Stevie goes there a lot, more then your mother country of Britain. Lol. She tries to take the Mac there too. I've always wanted to go to NZ. I will make it there one day, the UK too. History is what I got my degree in. I also love learning about the white settler colonies and why they have and still stay loyal to the crown. Maybe Stevie makes the white colonies happy? Yea she does but that's a long stretch
But see!?!?!? Stevie brings younger folk like me to the Mac fandom. She keeps the band relevant and going. So may the whole ledge community bless the legend of Stevie, the memory that will remain long after the legend dies. Elton will have to revise that song again.

Last edited by gssmith; 07-17-2014 at 04:29 AM..
Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Ledgie

Age Range: 40s

When you became a fan: 1980 ish

How you became a fan: Gradually from 1978 to 1982. My sister had an 8 Track of Rumours and of course, Fleetwood Mac were everywhere in the late 70s. I remember buying Tusk with birthday money and being confused by it. What finally hooked me is hearing Hold Me on the radio in a pizza joint in Kentucky before the release of Mirage in 82.

First 3 FM songs: Say You Love Me, Sara, Tusk

First FM vocalist: Christine

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 30% Stevie, 30% Lindsey, 40% Christine

Concerts you've attended: 0 :^{

FM stuff you own: T from the Mirage Tour, CDs, vinyl, 8 tracks, cassettes

Favorite thing about FM: The chemistry of the members, those harmonies.

Least favorite thing about FM: span between albums

Are you the same fan your were when you started: Bigger fan now. I appreciate Tusk more and Mirage less.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Current lineup (it happened).

You wish for the future of the Mac: One last great album.