The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is your favorie Rumours-era member of Fleetwood Mac?
Mick Fleetwood 1 1.03%
John McVie 5 5.15%
Christine McVie 14 14.43%
Lindsey Buckingham 19 19.59%
Stevie Nicks 50 51.55%
I have more than one favorite. 2 2.06%
I can't choose a favorite. 2 2.06%
They are all my favorites. 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The heart and soul of FM - Christine.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say Lindsay, who edges out Christine, who's just ahead of Stevie.
Lindsay was the most creative of the three members, which is the main reason why I love FM so much!
Christine wrote a tonne of excellent songs for the band! And she never (well, in my opinion anyway) disappointed in any of them!
And Stevie... well, she didn't play an instrument (well, occasionally the tambourine), and she didn't write as many songs as either Lindsay or Christine... but that voice of her's more than makes up for any perceived shortcomings in instrumentation and songwriting!
As for Mick and John... well, where would FM be without the two namesakes?!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie, always
Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I compare Stevie and Christine as persons, I like Stevie more, but if I look at Fleetwood Mac as group and their songs, I prefer Christine. Stevie is for me great solo singer. But as a member of Fleetwood Mac... for me Christine is best.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

STEEEEVIIIEEE!!!! XD But still love them all

Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say I do like each of them in different ways really....I did pick Stevie though but Christine is next than Lindsey.....Probably the only song I can't stand off Rumours much anymore is Don't Stop....its overplayed way too much.....as I guess you could say many of those songs have been overplayed way too much.....I guess thats way Tusk beats out Rumours for me now really.....anyway....it's all good......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I'd say I do like each of them in different ways really....I did pick Stevie though but Christine is next than Lindsey.....Probably the only song I can't stand off Rumours much anymore is Don't Stop....its overplayed way too much.....as I guess you could say many of those songs have been overplayed way too much.....I guess thats way Tusk beats out Rumours for me now really.....anyway....it's all good......
Don't Stop has always annoyed me. It's so sickeningly optimistic. I guess it's sweet that Chris wrote it for John, but she should have just mailed it to him or something.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie on Say You Will is what captivated me with the band and herself, so it's absolutely her!!! Without a doubt!!

Although I was hella impressed and taken with Lindsey at my concert!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
And Stevie... well, she didn't play an instrument (well, occasionally the tambourine), and she didn't write as many songs as either Lindsay or Christine... but that voice of her's more than makes up for any perceived shortcomings in instrumentation and songwriting!
I don't think that's right, somehow. Wasn't there an interview where someone said "Stevie just kept on writing and writing. She wrote so much!" or am I on crack here?

I think Stevie wrote more than the others, but they just picked less of her songs, for whatever reasons.

Anyhoo. I voted Stevie. I think she's the "image" of Fleetwood Mac, chance are if you ask anyone, who isn't a huge fan, about Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks will be one of the first things that they think of.

I always prefer the Stevie songs on the albums too (Apart from Tango, where she could have left the band it would have made no difference) and I think she has the best voice/image/songwriting skills. xD I just love Stevie.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

I think she's the "image" of Fleetwood Mac, chance are if you ask anyone, who isn't a huge fan, about Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks will be one of the first things that they think of.
This is how ChiliD feels.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Me too!

She is clearly, IMO, the least talented member, in the history of the band! Style, over substance, indeed!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I don't think that's right, somehow. Wasn't there an interview where someone said "Stevie just kept on writing and writing. She wrote so much!" or am I on crack here?

I think Stevie wrote more than the others, but they just picked less of her songs, for whatever reasons.

Anyhoo. I voted Stevie. I think she's the "image" of Fleetwood Mac, chance are if you ask anyone, who isn't a huge fan, about Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks will be one of the first things that they think of.

I always prefer the Stevie songs on the albums too (Apart from Tango, where she could have left the band it would have made no difference) and I think she has the best voice/image/songwriting skills. xD I just love Stevie.
Actually, I you may quite possibly be right... I remember recently reading that Stevie had a fourth song prepared for Mirage (it later made Say You Will, but was redone for that album), but, perhaps due to her solo success and Lindsey's resulting mild jealousy, the rest of the band wanted to restrict it to three.
Also, to be fair, Lindsey didn't contribute all that many songs to the first two Rumours-era albums, especially compared to the later albums FM made (e.g. 9/20 songs for Tusk).
Also, I think Stevie's contribution to TITN is underrated - "Seven Wonders" is what inspired me to buy TVBOFM, and I think "Welcome To The Room... Sara" is a great song (if anything, it's Lindsey's vocals on that track that annoy me). And "Book Of Miracles" is a beautiful instrumental! Having said all that, my liking for "When I See You Again" fluctuates frequently.
Still, my preference order remains unchanged.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
WTF?!?!? Don't EVER assume you know how I feel.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Also, to be fair, Lindsey didn't contribute all that many songs to the first two Rumours-era albums, especially compared to the later albums FM made (e.g. 9/20 songs for Tusk).
Contributing to those old albums included much more than mere songwriting, no? Lindsey's contributions to the album sessions were 90 percent arranging (orchestrating), producing, & playing. There's a lot of work to be done after songs have been written in order to get an album out.

Quote:
Also, I think Stevie's contribution to TITN is underrated - "Seven Wonders" is what inspired me to buy TVBOFM,
I love that track & I love Stevie's vocal, but let's face it: Stevie's contribution was to sing it.

Quote:
And "Book Of Miracles" is a beautiful instrumental!
But Stevie doesn't play an instrument, so what was her contribution to "Book of Miracles"?

moviekinks.blogspot.com