Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Post-Dance Question

For those with good interview-reading memory, have any of the band members ever shed light as to why when Christine announced she was finished w the Mac after the Dance tour, they did not choose to record a final album w her? It's often boggled my mind, as it seems that time period was a sort of prime time for them, collectivley and individually. Stevie had a huge burst of renewed energy, Lindsey was finally comfortable, happy w the band situation, and the new material on The Dance proved that they were still capabable of taking the 3 different approaches to songwriting and forming a cohesive band sound.. so, was it that same Say You Will excuse, "What if she had the hit?" Did Christine fear they'd twist her arm to tour? Or is just a total mystery?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I have a great memory but I'd go with total mystery.

Besides, they didn't (to my recollection, anyway) talk about recording new stuff, at that time, at all. I'm not even sure they made a big fuss about Christine not wanting to tour ever again, post-Dance. I think they more or less accepted that she didn't want to tour at that time (and probably hoped she'd change her mind a few years down the road). But, recordings? I just don't remember them being mentioned.

Lindsey was going off to release Gift of Screws which was "99.9 percent finished" and would be released any second now (and which only took another 10 years or so to finish)... Stevie was excited about recording (and touring) solo again...
I remember being on the Ledge and we'd all get excited every few months thinking Lindsey was going to release the album...and then...
not so much.
Stevie released the box set and toured.
No Lindsey album
Stevie release TISL and toured
No Lindsey album

And then the reunion of the four-piece Mac and their recording. So...a fine send off was not something Christine was going to get (and probably not something she even wanted).
Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw an interview with Christine where she said they knew at the beginning that it was it for Chris. So I'm sure they felt lucky that she had decided to go along with this, and they probably did think she'd change her mind in a few years.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I saw an interview with Christine where she said they knew at the beginning that it was it for Chris. So I'm sure they felt lucky that she had decided to go along with this, and they probably did think she'd change her mind in a few years.
See also: All Over Again. She was done with Fleetwood Mac with "Time" but I think she wanted to officially go out on top with the band. Can't blame her, given the amount of time, hell even a marriage, she put into the band. They should've taken her example.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They should've taken her example.
Yep, go out on a high note. Not the sour, 4 note singing range of a dead horse.

Beat that horse. Just beat it.