Addicted Ledgie

Default An Eagle denies tour rumor

http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/latest...s-summer-.html

from L&M's site

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let's just hope it turns out to be true!!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This smacks of the Sheryl Crow incident all over again. I wonder if Azoff's Native American name on facebook came back as "Get 'Em Talkin' Early"?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the deal falls through, I'm going to be so disappointed.....

NOT!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news if it's true..Timothy B. Schmidt has to be one of the luckiest men alive though .He participated in a grand total of one Eagles album contributing one middling hit and has gotten to reap the untold millions from the endless boomer fleecing Eagles tours for the past 16 years.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Great news if it's true..Timothy B. Schmidt has to be one of the luckiest men alive though .He participated in a grand total of one Eagles album contributing one middling hit and has gotten to reap the untold millions from the endless boomer fleecing Eagles tours for the past 16 years.
And yet he lost his house, in those desolate years. And went from making 20% of "tour net", to making 10%. Timothy sings like an angel, and saves Don's ASS much of the time(I have several live concerts, on DVD bootlegs, and he comes in, and hits Don's notes, when Don CAN'T, more than once - THAT'S, a trooper!!!!).
Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought that it was interesting, judging by the comments on this article, that they (eagles' fans) don't want to see a FM/Eagles tour this summer any more than FM fans do.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I can say is that when I read this, literally sighed a big sigh of relief. I really want FM to get into that studio and amaze us all over again with new songs.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank God.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
All I can say is that when I read this, literally sighed a big sigh of relief. I really want FM to get into that studio and amaze us all over again with new songs.
Amen No distractions!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles Soar in Spring West Coast Tour
February 04, 2010 03:06 PM EST

The Eagles are back! Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit have announced some dates dubbed the Long Road Out of Eden Tour.

The spring run starts with the Eagles playing three Los Angeles shows at the Hollywood Bowl. This will be their first-ever performance at the legendary venue in the heart of the Hollywood Hills.

Despite earning mixed reviews, Long Road Out of Eden debuted at the top of Billboard’s Top 200 chart and Nielsen SoundScan dubbed it the biggest selling album by a group in 2007. Two Grammy Awards also came their way for their first effort since 1979's The Long Run.

Hoping that popularity holds strong as they make a run on the west coast, the Eagles will play Anaheim in addition to Los Angeles in their Southern California homeland. Northern California will get two opportunities to catch the show, too, as the Eagles hit Sacramento and San Jose, where "Hotel California" is certain to be a popular choice.

The band's career includes having sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, garnered five number one singles and six Grammy Awards. It doesn't hurt to have the best-selling album of all time in your discography either. With sales of almost 30 million units, their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 stakes that claim.

Along with newer cuts, the group will most certainly comb through their back catalog to pull out some classic tunes like “New Kid in Town,” “Take It to the Limit,” and “Desperado.” No wonder they are Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

And although they won't actually be “standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona,” the Eagles will make a stop in Phoenix on April 21, where they will surely “Take It Easy.”

Schmit had originally started a rumor that the boys might pair up with Fleetwood Mac to do a stadium tour this summer. However, he backtracked on that in a subsequent interview saying, he "didn't think that's happening.”

The tumultuous past and present relationship between Henley and Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks might have come to bear on that decision

The Eagles round out the tour in Vancouver on May 9 and 10.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...81474978030909
Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since when is their present relationship tumultuous?? They seemed like they were having a good time during her Gold Dust tour. Everyone just assumes there must be tension...no one even bothers to check facts anymore.

Thanks for the info

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 02-05-2010 at 05:42 AM..
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
Since when is their present relationship tumultuous?? They seemed like they were having a good time during her Gold Dust tour. Everyone just assumes there must be tension...no one even bothers to check facts anymore.
Exactly. Just judging by Stevie herself, if she's got any leftover baggage with an Eagle, it's Joe... NOT Don. But I'd have to believe that's ancient history as well. My guess is this whole thing was a management concoction that just never really got off the ground.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

That's exactly what Timothy said during on his BBC interviews.....that it was Irving Azoff's idea and just didn't seem to go anywhere.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Exactly. Just judging by Stevie herself, if she's got any leftover baggage with an Eagle, it's Joe... NOT Don. But I'd have to believe that's ancient history as well. My guess is this whole thing was a management concoction that just never really got off the ground.