User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
More that couldn't handle it and broke up -- or have continued without the members they hated -- or took very long breaks before they worked anything out. Mix in love relationships and I think the number decreases significantly.
I think plenty of people worked together while hating each other. But it's pretty clear in my mind that Stevie and Lindsey love each other. I don't see what they do to (say about) each other as anything more than relatives (who loved each other) would do to each other. Doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me as an FM watcher. It still does very much, but not at all because I think they don't all care about each other.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think plenty of people worked together while hating each other. But it's pretty clear in my mind that Stevie and Lindsey love each other. I don't see what they do to (say about) each other as anything more than relatives (who loved each other) would do to each other. Doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me as an FM watcher. It still does very much, but not at all because I think they don't all care about each other.
agree.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But it's pretty clear in my mind that Stevie and Lindsey love each other. I don't see what they do to (say about) each other as anything more than relatives (who loved each other) would do to each other. Doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me as an FM watcher. It still does very much, but not at all because I think they don't all care about each other.

Michele
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you had me looking up "straight" in the dictionary to figure out whether it had some meanings i was not aware of.
Hahaha! Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Are you serious? All of this? Ok, I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but now I understand how you feel. Honestly Stevie. Look at your life, look at your choices. Why does she have to throw shade on Lindsey? Why can't she talk about her business and mention Linds where need be but why continually drag him through the mud, over and over? That's wrong.

I really didn't get that impression- in fact I thought she was trying to be careful in her wording for the most part. The only thing that really bothered me was when she said "your music is making my song suck" but she wasn't specifically talking about him -- but you knew she was because she used it during her whole "if you love somebody you don't want to tell them that what they are doing is stupid." bit. Anyway, while I understand what she is saying and how it seems like since SYW she has been careful about wanting to maintain the peace with Lindsey and thinks they should not get in the studio together in order to do that, I think she's also being hypocritical. What's different about now than then? I mean, she said all that bull about the music making her song suck, which sounded like she was really referring to the SYW stuff, but then she turned around at the end and basically told a fan in Q&A that if her songs made it for us to hear it then she was happy with the finished product. That's what I have always said about the SYW songs of hers everyone gripes about. And, I sort of think she got wind of that and has rode that wave out entirely too long. Because I think if she truly hated something she would have pulled it.

Other than that part I didn't get the overall vibe she was being mean. She pointed out (again, indirectly) that Lindsey was controlling in the studio (which he admits himself) and she said she wants to co-pilot. Basically, she gets bored with his tinkering and wants to 'get it done'. Because, even at the end of 2009 when they did the UK doc on FM, and they were asked about Tusk she was complaining about how long it took and how they thought Lindsey had lost his mind with all his sound experiments, but then she said the end result were all these awesome songs. And, when SWS came out she was bragging about how he had swallowed the melody pills. So, she's talking out of both sides of her mouth.

Later, she compared Nancy Wilson to Lindsey, saying she was a step below him as a guitarist and that was obviously high praise in context.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-08-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I really didn't get that impression- in fact I thought she was trying to be careful in her wording for the most part. The only thing that really bothered me was when she said "your music is making my song suck" but she wasn't specifically talking about him -- but you knew she was because she used it during her whole "if you love somebody you don't want to tell them that what they are doing is stupid." bit. Anyway, while I understand what she is saying and how it seems like since SYW she has been careful about wanting to maintain the peace with Lindsey and thinks they should not get in the studio together in order to do that, I think she's also being hypocritical. What's different about now than then? I mean, she said all that bull about the music making her song suck, which sounded like she was really referring to the SYW stuff, but then she turned around at the end and basically told a fan in Q&A that if her songs made it for us to hear it then she was happy with the finished product. That's what I have always said about the SYW songs of hers everyone gripes about. And, I sort of think she got wind of that and has rode that wave out entirely too long. Because I think if she truly hated something she would have pulled it.

Other than that part I didn't get the overall vibe she was being mean. She pointed out (again, indirectly) that Lindsey was controlling in the studio (which he admits himself) and she said she wants to co-pilot. Basically, she gets bored with his tinkering and wants to 'get it done'. Because, even at the end of 2009 when they did the UK doc on FM, and they were asked about Tusk she was complaining about how long it took and how they thought Lindsey had lost his mind with all his sound experiments, but then she said the end result were all these awesome songs. And, when SWS came out she was bragging about how he had swallowed the melody pills. So, she's talking out of both sides of her mouth.
Later, she compared Nancy Wilson to Lindsey, saying she was a step below him as a guitarist and that was obviously high praise in context.
Thanks for reminding me How did I neglect to mention that??!!

She does talk out of both sides. You got that right! But again, what else is new? Anyways, I think the quote was he was taking lyrics pills though wasn't it? Which is another gripe of mine. In fact, I meant to ask him about that in a meet and greet. Her implying he's not much of a lyrics writer, at least until SWS, bothers me to no end. But of course, he's no better. He's often said he doesn't think much of his own lyrics eihter They're both wrong. He's a brilliant lyricist. Has been for a long time.

And that last comment is a major understatement. I'd say several steps.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Not to beat a dead horse, but you put this so beautifully! Exactly!

You know, a point that I didn't see touched upon, in this thread or the one about the Q&A on Stevie's board, was how a therapist told her that in some ways the day she joined Fleetwood Mac was the saddest day of her life, or something to that effect, that she liked taking care of people. That role was taken from her. The way she put it made me feel very sad for her. She may come across as a bit bitter to some or unnecessarily harsh at times, but personally, I think a lot of that is just a facade, a defense mechanism. I always feel she's trying to protect herself when she speaks in a glib, harsh manner about Lindsey.