The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:04 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
The section in bold makes me cry utter BS on the rest of your source's info. There is no reason on earth why Lindsey would ever have asked the band to delay that long. He has never taken such an extensive tour.

Sorry, to be blunt, your source is full of sh!t.
Again, I'm just posting what he told me. Of course, I can't confirm if he's correct but he's just about as connected to Lindsey as one can get without being his wife or being in the band.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:16 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Kristen "liked" this post on twitter YIKES.

https://twitter.com/haleyclark/statu...330105856?s=21

She'd also previously liked things that said Stevie wanting MC in the band was the root of this.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:00 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Does it really matter? I mean truly? Nothing anyone else says will make you change your mind about the situation, so why bother trying. Besides, you have every right to feel the way you do about Lindsey's firing. But let's really, truly be honest for a second- the key thing here that made some people angry is that FM fired Lindsey. Regardless of the reason, that is what is upsetting people. Let's say an inside source said Lindsey behaved inappropriately at a band meeting, and that was why he was fired. Would that make a difference to you? Probably not, and that's your right. I imagine some of the responses would be "but Lindsey sacrificed the last 40 years of his life to make FM a success, so they should deal with it instead of stabbing him in the back." And that's their right to feel that way. I disagree, and there's probably nothing anyone could say that would change my mind, either. What's clear to you is not clear to me, and what's clear to me is not clear to you

OF COURSE IT MATTERS. I want to know the truth. I am not one-eyed about this situation but am basing my Andre and sadness on the facts and evidence that Lindsey was fired without wanting to delay the tour against his choice or doing. Firstly, he knows first hand that both the McVies don't have their health on their side and probably can't wait until Nov 2019, that excuse just makes no sense. Nor would he tour for that long anyway usually. But you are wrong if Lindsey did behave really inappropriately, I would certainly not be jumping to his defence and would accept his firing as necessary. I try to look at this situation fairly and with the truthful evidence in front of us. I have no alliance to any one band member....I liked them all, with the exception of Mick really, equally.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol please do not tell me that the band existed before and without Lindsey. I'm perfectly aware. But the 'before' Lindsey is not a 40+ year legacy with that one person putting SO much into the band. Even when he bailed after Tango, he did so AFTER having made an album that went on to sell millions and millions of copies. Lindsey wanted to record a final album with the band VERY much because he wanted to wrap up that wonderful legacy. And thanks to Miss Stevie Nicks, that didn't happen. And then not only did he not get the album he very much wanted, he then got pushed out of that same band that he put so much into it.
In my opinion this entire situation is just an absolutely appalling disrespect and if they actually record a new album (aka if Stevie Nicks really wants to spite Lindsey) then it'll just be pouring salt into the wound.
That's my opinion you don't have to agree with it.
They accomplished way more in that 8 years then they have in the pst 43. And that’s not hyperbole either.

The only disrespect I get out of all this is Lindsey’s disrespect to Mick and John in his recent comments about a 43 year legacy.

And I guess stevie and the whole band’s (including Lindsey) disrespect towards their fans with the multiple lies and rewriting of history in recent interviews.
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:04 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If the new "Fleetwood Mac" records new material then I personally hope that Kristen Buckingham sues them all for emotional damages. What an absolute slap in the face to the person who wanted a final album more than anyone else.

laughlaughlaughlaugh:
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Sure. This person told me that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour until the end of 2019 and that Lindsey had become very frustrated with Stevie's unwillingness to record a new album. It sounded like Stevie was frustrated that Lindsey was backing out of the tour and Lindsey was frustrated that Stevie wouldn't record a studio album. Things came to a head at MusiCares and the rest is sad history for the band with Lindsey being fired. There were some other things he mentioned to me, but they're not appropriate to post here
These 'other things' mentioned that are not appropriate to post, do they provide any more justification as to why LB was fired? Did SN give Mick a you or me ultimatum?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Almost sound like you are talking to Ken Caillait on fb. He is not in inner circle but for years now sounds like he’s desperate to be back in. Maybe he’s hoping to finally be back in their good graces now and produce whatever they try to put together. But he was very clear his info comes through another source and is not first hand. He was given bands official statement to paddle and sell to people.

Are you suggesting Sugar Mouse is referring to KC?
He hasn't been inner circle for 35 years. Whatever KC says, Stevie wouldn't ever let him near another Fleetwood Mac recording in a million years.
He don't know sh!t
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Are you suggesting Sugar Mouse is referring to KC?
He hasn't been inner circle for 35 years. Whatever KC says, Stevie wouldn't ever let him near another Fleetwood Mac recording in a million years.
He don't know sh!t
Of course no one actually presently IN the FM 'circle' is going to be spilling secrets to strangers. The people who know things know through the LA people that work in the industry, part of tour crews, management etc.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:56 PM
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Kristen "liked" this post on twitter YIKES.

https://twitter.com/haleyclark/statu...330105856?s=21

She'd also previously liked things that said Stevie wanting MC in the band was the root of this.
Here is the post that was referenced in the Tweet (link to full blog page below):

Thinkthinkthink 2:29 PM

Fleetwood Mac. Stevie Nicks gave the band an ultimatum: “It’s me or Lindsey.” Why? Besides the fact that she’s crazy, she’s been grieving the death of Tom Petty. She acts nutty when she grieves. Recall she married her best friend’s husband a few weeks after she died and divorced him three months later because the ghost of Robin (her dead friend and his dead wife) was no longer coming at night and rocking the baby’s cradle so she knew “ that was Robin’s sign to me telling me to leave and divorce him.” Leaving the then four month old Matthew with no mom or stepmother. Alrighty then!!!

Stevie wanted Mike Campbell in the band. She always loved popping up at TP and The HB’s shows. A feather in her cap. She met Tom Petty by hiding in his basement years ago. After Petty’s death, Nicks set about to blow things up with Lindsey and have him removed from Fleetwood Mac. She’s the cash cow so Mick sided with her because Mick’s bankrupted seven times and is not acquainted with loyalty or fidelity. Christine McVie was informed of Lindsey’s firing AFTER the fact.

Stevie and Mick wanted to feed the public the story Lindsey was fired due to a touring scheduling conflict. That’s notably hilarious because Nicks has delayed touring and making FM albums for years. The last Buckingham/McVie album is a case in point. All four members of the band were on that album, sans Miss Nicks.

Nicks and Mick being elderly and probably thought they could get away with the deception given they know little about social media. It would have worked in the 70’s. Oh, well. It didn’t work in 2018 and as it turns out; it’s not that funny, is it?

Fast forward to the pathetic band interview on CBS with Anthony Mason where all the members of this motley crew are looking at the floor as Mick and Stevie lie to Anthony Mason about Lindsey’s firing while announcing the NEW band and their upcoming tour. An interesting mix of prevarication and non-sequiturs followed. Stevie, the perineal victim, is holding two of the men’s hands like a grieving widow saying “I’m not the boss.” Umm, who asked that Stevie?

Stevie Nicks later tells Rolling Stone Magazine: “Well with Tom’s death you know, anything can happen and I want to spend the next ten years of my life dancing and having fun.” Okay, Stevie. THAT’s your response to being asked a question about Lindsey being let go from the band based on the contrived nonsense that he didn’t want to tour on the band’s schedule? Well, Stevie’s no neurosurgeon for good reasons. The “we wanted to play old tunes” mantra is equally absurd to all sentient beings sans the Stevie Bots who remain firmly entrenched in dated hairstyles and 1980, insisting “Stevie is a goddess.”

In short, Stevie Nicks wanted Buckingham out of the band because she wanted former Heartbreaker, Mike Campbell in. She threw her weight around (no pun intended) to make that happen.

Lindsey Buckingham was in no way shape or form fired from Fleetwood Mac because of a scheduling conflict or a disagreement about a potential set list. Those are the facts. The band has lied about his firing since April 9. The leaks of what really happened were coming in for a month before the band’s announcement. Because Chris is a normal person with a modicum of ethics and decency, she’s struggling.

Fleetwood Mac has tarnished the Rumors 5 legacy (please don’t tell me the band existed before Lindsey and Stevie, I’m well aware) and now has become a cover band to cave to an melodramatic diva hell bent on having her own way to meet her twisted emotional needs, may others be damned.

Let’s see how long Chris can deal with this nonsense. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chris leave before this faux band starts this tour. Meanwhile, just watch how surly the usually affable Mick gets when questioned about the "new band.”

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...-2_14.html?m=1
__________________
FYI: The Rumours lineup = Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

The lineup featuring Mike Campbell & Neil Finn is a Post-Rumours lineup of the band.


After 14 yrs visiting a site I once enjoyed which covered a band I once loved following, I now ‘Say Goodbye’ to both
No thanks to the faction within FM which destroyed its legacy & heavy-handed mod michelej1


This site operates at the whim of the admin&mods–a whim I'll no longer be associated with
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 PM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 377
Default

I’m disappointed to see that Kristen Buckingham is resorting to liking vitriolic twitter and Instagram posts. I thought Lindsey’s one speech on the whole thing was unbelievably classy.

It’s never a good idea to feed the trolls on social media. Engaging in hateful commentary is petty and only reflects poorly on her. It also does not give us the full story, only indicates that she now hates the people her husband has worked with for the 43 years.

I’m extremely puzzled by the thinkthinkthink person’s logic. We get it, you think Stevie’s horrible, you act like she basically left her best friend’s son in the woods as a newborn and kicked Lindsey out in order to steal another best friend’s work husband yet... you probably expect this behavior from her. Christine chose her side, even after recording and touring with Lindsey. She’s not being held captive. She’s a grown woman who publicly supported this decision. Why do people think she is anywhere other than where she wants to be?? I’m disgusted with Fleetwood Mac right now, and I don’t understand the lengths people will go to make excuses for certain people and scapegoat others. I’m disappointed that KB would dignify posts like this with a like.

I wish someone would give a real interview. Like even if it’s the Stevie/Mick side, can we please get one consistent narrative that doesn’t beat around the bush??

If any of the Buckinghams wants to speak out instead of hiding behind social media likes, I’d love to hear their side of the story.
__________________

Last edited by lilyfee : 05-25-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Are you suggesting Sugar Mouse is referring to KC?
He hasn't been inner circle for 35 years. Whatever KC says, Stevie wouldn't ever let him near another Fleetwood Mac recording in a million years.
He don't know sh!t

This is news to me. What does Stevie have against KC
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 335
Default

The problem is we're being trolled right here on this board by those who take as 'gospel' the ludicrous claim that Lindsey would ever demand that Fleetwood Mac delay touring until November 2019 - nearly another two years after the Musicares event this past January 2018!
__________________
FYI: The Rumours lineup = Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

The lineup featuring Mike Campbell & Neil Finn is a Post-Rumours lineup of the band.


After 14 yrs visiting a site I once enjoyed which covered a band I once loved following, I now ‘Say Goodbye’ to both
No thanks to the faction within FM which destroyed its legacy & heavy-handed mod michelej1


This site operates at the whim of the admin&mods–a whim I'll no longer be associated with
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
This is news to me. What does Stevie have against KC
I don’t think anyone in the band has talked to him since his tell all book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
The problem is we're being trolled right here on this board by those who take as 'gospel' the ludicrous claim that Lindsey would ever demand that Fleetwood Mac delay touring until November 2019 - nearly another two years after the Musicares event this past January 2018!
Lindsey’s people referred journalists back to Fleetwood Mac for a statement. I wish that if this wasn’t true, he would correct it and provide us with some real facts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’m disappointed to see that Kristen Buckingham is resorting to liking vitriolic twitter and Instagram posts. I thought Lindsey’s one speech on the whole thing was unbelievably classy.

It’s never a good idea to feed the trolls on social media. Engaging in hateful commentary is petty and only reflects poorly on her. It also does not give us the full story, only indicates that she now hates the people her husband has worked with for the 43 years.

I’m extremely puzzled by the thinkthinkthink person’s logic. We get it, you think Stevie’s horrible, you act like she basically left her best friend’s son in the woods as a newborn and kicked Lindsey out in order to steal another best friend’s work husband yet... you probably expect this behavior from her. Christine chose her side, even after recording and touring with Lindsey. She’s not being held captive. She’s a grown woman who publicly supported this decision. Why do people think she is anywhere other than where she wants to be?? I’m disgusted with Fleetwood Mac right now, and I don’t understand the lengths people will go to make excuses for certain people and scapegoat others. I’m disappointed that KB would dignify posts like this with a like.

I wish someone would give a real interview. Like even if it’s the Stevie/Mick side, can we please get one consistent narrative that doesn’t beat around the bush??

If any of the Buckinghams wants to speak out instead of hiding behind social media likes, I’d love to hear their side of the story.
Well she's Lindsey's wife so she obviously knows all about everything that happened and considering that prior to this, she was always hugely supportive of FM and exclusively said positive, loving things about the band on her social media, I'd say the fact that she's now 'turned against them' is pretty damn telling lol. Even her daughter went from calling Stevie "her queen" to holding a seemingly negative image of her in a matter of a few months.
Maybe Kristen and Leelee and his entire family are liking those posts because Stevie and the rest of them DID do a bad thing and they deserve to be called out for it?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:09 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
This is news to me. What does Stevie have against KC
In 2013 when she was doing press for her documentary she got an audience question about Ken's book and she trashed it and him big time. The video is on YouTube I believe.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved