The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:05 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 617
Default So...now what?

Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.


Not sure I understand their premise.

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:26 AM
lbfan lbfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 448
Default Rehearsals

And rehearsals don’t start until August.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:27 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Not sure I understand their premise.
This is gold. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.


Not sure I understand their premise.

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"
Hush now, the one calling all the shots for the new band is still grieving Tom...
__________________
FYI: The Rumours lineup = Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

The lineup featuring Mike Campbell & Neil Finn is a Post-Rumours lineup of the band.


After 14 yrs visiting a site I once enjoyed which covered a band I once loved following, I now ‘Say Goodbye’ to both
No thanks to the faction within FM which destroyed its legacy & heavy-handed mod michelej1


This site operates at the whim of the admin&mods–a whim I'll no longer be associated with
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 AM
mitzo's Avatar
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,452
Default

I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
LOL speaking of pouring venom, did you happen to read your own post?

For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.

You know, you're right. She should of had Sandy Stewart write another hit for her.

via GIPHY

__________________

Last edited by BigAl84 : 05-21-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:53 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.


Not sure I understand their premise.

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"
Well I think ticket sales actually seem to be really good. The tour was like 8 of the top 10 selling events last week or something (I don't have the link).

So they had to do the interviews to introduce the new line-up and announce the tour.

In the meantime, there's been this SiriusXM thing which I suspect has been more help than hurt in the album and ticket sales department.

I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.

Well perhaps the inference is that, as a new band, they should get in the studio and cut an EP ahead of the tour and rehearsals. But they won't.
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:55 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:57 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 617
Default

There's usually quite a bit of press when there is a tour including lindsey, I just thought it was odd that it's been so low key and they have a new lineup to deal with.

Unless...and I'm not saying this to be inflammatory, they thought low key was the best way to handle it with tickets going on sale etc. Downplay the shakeup etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:01 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?

You two need a time out.

via GIPHY

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.
I’m with you on a lot of this. No amount of production could help Silver Girl. The lyrics are dreadful. It’s right up there with When I See You Again’s uninspired turd lyrics. Family Man and Honey Hi are also brutal. And I absolutely can’t stand Only Over You. The beginning is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I also have no issues admitting that whatever was done to Smile at You was a complete shame. The production sucks. But then I hear what Stevie did to If You Were My Love in the many demo iterations post-Mirage up to and including how she played it on tour and I think how the hell could you ruin such a great song (Mirage era)?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$2299.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved