The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I think Mick and Stevie had a secret deal with Harry Styles. They ditched Lindsey and then Harry ditched them. Oh the karma of it all.
You know--it's really funny you say that....Maybe not so far fetched.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:38 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
You know--it's really funny you say that....Maybe not so far fetched.
except Harry can fill stadiums solo. i'm sure his management (Azoff) would not let him waste that pulling power on FM.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
except Harry can fill stadiums solo. i'm sure his management (Azoff) would not let him waste that pulling power on FM.
Wow--didn't realize Azoff managed him too---explains even more now
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-18-2018, 07:52 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
except Harry can fill stadiums solo. i'm sure his management (Azoff) would not let him waste that pulling power on FM.
Ha, I didn't know that. What a coincidence! Yeah, I'm sure all the crazy, fanatical, screaming teenage girls wouldn't want to see Mick and his drooping balls......

Last edited by jwd : 05-18-2018 at 08:40 PM. Reason: because
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 PM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If the rumours about Christine are true then this might actually happen LMAO.
What rumors about Christine??
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
What rumors about Christine??
People on Stevie Nicks Facebook groups are arguing about it. Someone with 'sources' is claiming that their sources told them Christine is backing away and on her way out. Someone else with 'sources' is saying that's not true. Others are saying she's trying, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:19 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Wow, was that really necessary. Off base
Always completely unnecessary, inappropriate and disrespectful to the seriousness of such topics.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-18-2018, 09:40 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Always completely unnecessary, inappropriate and disrespectful to the seriousness of such topics.
And my comment wasn't even that "serious" which I was all the more perplexed. Oh well--to each is own
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-18-2018, 10:36 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
What rumors about Christine??
There was a blind item on a gossip site suggesting that Chris was getting ready to make her exit.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Wow, was that really necessary. Off base
How is that off base? They fired the man who beats women. There is a little bit of justice in the world. Shouldn't everyone be happy?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-19-2018, 04:34 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
How is that off base? They fired the man who beats women. There is a little bit of justice in the world. Shouldn't everyone be happy?
The fact that you think band politics of decades later serves as a "justice" for domestic violence is appalling and disturbing.
And if that's your logic, then there's a bit of trouble considering that John's still in the band. Even though he, ya know, chased Christine down with an axe
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The fact that you think band politics of decades later serves as a "justice" for domestic violence is appalling and disturbing.
And if that's your logic, then there's a bit of trouble considering that John's still in the band. Even though he, ya know, chased Christine down with an axe
Totally agree dreamsunwind, and furthermore Stevie went after Lindsey--she even admits it, actually said she was going to "kill him" and actually defended Lindsey after one of Mick's many fairy tails was published and highlighted one of the incidents that is oft referred to here. . Based upon your assessment, most of this band should be thrown out....so yes, I would say you are way off base here.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Totally agree dreamsunwind, and furthermore Stevie went after Lindsey--she even admits it, actually said she was going to "kill him" and actually defended Lindsey after one of Mick's many fairy tails was published and highlighted one of the incidents that is oft referred to here. . Based upon your assessment, most of this band should be thrown out....so yes, I would say you are way off base here.
I'm not talking about Stevie's fantasies. I'm referring to Carol Ann Harris and the waitress Lindsey beat up in Ken Caillat's book.

In his blog, Ken Caillat says that he saw Lindsey rough up several women.

I suppose your crush on Lindsey is more important than the women he brutalized.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:00 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm not talking about Stevie's fantasies. I'm referring to Carol Ann Harris and the waitress Lindsey beat up in Ken Caillat's book.

In his blog, Ken Caillat says that he saw Lindsey rough up several women.

I suppose your crush on Lindsey is more important than the women he brutalized.
Wow, and once again, you are off base. Go look through some of my other posts. I am pretty clear that I am a fan of the band. How condescending and myopic of you to imply a "crush" blinding my views. My views are not blinded at all. The band...all of them misstepped here. We can all debate, why, what happened...., but at the end of the day, these 5 people came undone. I am a fan of these 5 people together as a cohesive unit making music. End of it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:06 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I'm not talking about Stevie's fantasies. I'm referring to Carol Ann Harris and the waitress Lindsey beat up in Ken Caillat's book.

In his blog, Ken Caillat says that he saw Lindsey rough up several women.

I suppose your crush on Lindsey is more important than the women he brutalized.
You're assuming that someone thinking your comments are inappropriate means they have a crush on Lindsey? Lol. If you cared about the treatment of women you wouldn't toss the situation around as if it's a bargaining chip in the ridiculous dramatics of bitching band members decades later.
And it doesn't matter who you're referring to. Everyone here knows the stories about Lindsey, it's not a secret to anyone. I talked about this before in a post recently and I don't want to regurgitate it, but to sum things up: Lindsey's behavior back then should never be condoned if you want to dislike him because of it that's perfectly fine.
But this argument that some people on here keep making that "Lindsey did this!" --therefore he's pure evil and thus what's gone on here, with very questionable behavior from the other band members, it all doesn't matter because he did that--- is absolutely ridiculous for a number of factors. The first being that the 70s and 80s are basically a different universe from the one we are currently living in. Lindsey has been married for almost 20 years and has 3 kids, John has also seemingly long since sorted out his alcohol problems, Stevie has handled her addictions, Mick is no longer a complete trainwreck, etc. There's also the fact that Lindsey was likely not the only band member who exhibited such behavior, so if you think someone deserves to be fired for that decades later, then why is John McVie still in the band? And those who make this argument conveniently only seem to care about Lindsey's behavior in this current situation, when they're trying to somehow justify what's happened. It certainly didn't bother you enough to stop you from listening to their music, presumably buying their music, going to their concerts etc.
You can think whatever you want about Lindsey, that's completely fine. But do not conveniently toss around domestic violence as if it's just some claim you can casually make when arguing about bitchy band members. That is a disrespect to the seriousness of the topic and people who have suffered it.

Last edited by dreamsunwind : 05-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved