The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:02 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Life isn’t that black and white.
Okay. I can't make my point any clearer. If you can't, or won't see it, then so be it. Sometimes it IS that black and white.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:25 AM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2018...as-pushed.html

Lindsey Buckingham Says He Was Pushed Out of Fleetwood Mac But Thinks of It As a "Leave"




Buckingham’s “taken leave” comment suggests that at some time in the future he will be back. However age is not on his side for that. Mick Fleetwood is now 70, John McVie is 72, Christine McVie is 74 and Stevie Nicks is 69.
Unless Stevie fails to live up to her prediction that she will live into the triple digits and suddenly croaks( and no I'm not referring to her current vocal range) then I think Lindsey will never be invited back into Fleetwood Mac.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Okay. I can't make my point any clearer. If you can't, or won't see it, then so be it. Sometimes it IS that black and white.
__________________
FYI: The Rumours lineup = Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

The lineup featuring Mike Campbell & Neil Finn is a Post-Rumours lineup of the band.


After 14 yrs visiting a site I once enjoyed which covered a band I once loved following, I now ‘Say Goodbye’ to both
No thanks to the faction within FM which destroyed its legacy & heavy-handed mod michelej1


This site operates at the whim of the admin&mods–a whim I'll no longer be associated with
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:44 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Yes, you either do or you don't! Love OOTC! Was listening to it this past week. How, or why that album didn't get more recognition is beyond me. I think it's a masterpiece!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-13-2018, 12:56 AM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Unless Stevie fails to live up to her prediction that she will live into the triple digits and suddenly croaks( and no I'm not referring to her current vocal range) then I think Lindsey will never be invited back into Fleetwood Mac.
Well when he first left after Tango (and this was much closer to the worst times in their history) she was jumping with joy then flash forward a couple of years and she's crying that their relationship is dead and that he no longer speaks to her. So honestly anything is possible, especially with someone like Stevie who changes her mind a lot and is naturally dramatic (I also believe she's not been in a normal headspace since TP died). But it's true that their age isn't helping.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,828
Default

I just feel sorry for Lindsey. Creativity is like a river. You have to let it flow to grow. Some band members just didn’t care about the artistry anymore. They stopped the flow. They fell into formula. Lindsey needs to find another group of people who actually care about creativity. This group is really done and has been since the 1980s.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:02 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I just feel sorry for Lindsey. Creativity is like a river. You have to let it flow to grow. Some band members just didn’t care about the artistry anymore. They stopped the flow. They fell into formula. Lindsey needs to find another group of people who actually care about creativity. This group is really done and has been since the 1980s.
On this we agree 100 percent. LB wanted FM to be creative. You know who just wanted to tour and get adulation and cash. I think if LB wasn't so great to be around the last year or so, THAT was the reason why. He does NOT want to be just an oldies act.

Last edited by secondhandchain : 05-13-2018 at 01:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:35 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
That's called playing both sides of the fence in my world. If she sees it the way a lot of fans, at least on this forum see it, she would have done something to stop it.....or jumped ship. Otherwise she's agreeing with the bands' decision.
I agree completely. She's THE ONE who could have stopped this sh*t show from happening. I've never been more disappointed in any human being. My lifelong favorite is no longer that.

Where's the bitch that doesn't take any sh*t, that slaps you and chucks a glass of wine in your face, and tells you that you're wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt? What happened to her? Oh yeah, she's old now...but still....she COULD have stopped it.

It'll be too late for another Buck Vie, by the time this crap tour is done.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-13-2018, 02:14 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree completely. She's THE ONE who could have stopped this sh*t show from happening. I've never been more disappointed in any human being. My lifelong favorite is no longer that.

Where's the bitch that doesn't take any sh*t, that slaps you and chucks a glass of wine in your face, and tells you that you're wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt? What happened to her? Oh yeah, she's old now...but still....she COULD have stopped it.

It'll be too late for another Buck Vie, by the time this crap tour is done.
I hope you're wrong. If there's one reconciliation Lindsey makes, I hope it's with Chris. They are so good together.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-13-2018, 02:15 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,851
Default

From Lindsey's perspective, I think this sums it up.

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-13-2018, 02:27 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I hope you're wrong. If there's one reconciliation Lindsey makes, I hope it's with Chris. They are so good together.
I know. Me, too. But I'm so mad at her for not saving the day. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. She dropped the damned ball!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-13-2018, 04:36 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I know. Me, too. But I'm so mad at her for not saving the day. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. She dropped the damned ball!
Disappointment would become our middle name
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-13-2018, 05:57 AM
bwboy bwboy is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well when he first left after Tango (and this was much closer to the worst times in their history) she was jumping with joy then flash forward a couple of years and she's crying that their relationship is dead and that he no longer speaks to her. So honestly anything is possible, especially with someone like Stevie who changes her mind a lot and is naturally dramatic (I also believe she's not been in a normal headspace since TP died). But it's true that their age isn't helping.
I thought Stevie was upset when Lindsey left the band- wasn't his leaving what led to their physical altercation? If he was leaving and she was happy about it, then why did she try to talk him out of it?

I could be wrong, but that was always my impression.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 AM
bwboy bwboy is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah unless they were bringing back Peter Green himself Fleetwood Mac should have disbanded at the moment that they decided to fire one of the five.To carry on now as is is an unfunny joke.
As someone said in a different thread, following this logic, FM should have broken up when Bob Welch left the band... and if that had happened, we wouldn't be having this discussion because Lindsey and Stevie wouldn't have had the opportunity to join. And you even say yourself, "unless they were bringing back Peter Green himself," which implies you would have accepted his return to replace Lindsey.

Before, I would have agreed with you about their legacy possibly being tarnished. However, a FM tour consisting of Mick, John, Dave Mason, Billy Burnette, and Bekka Bramlett is much different than a FM lineup consisting of Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn. Especially with Mike Campbell, right there with Christine and Stevie.

Is it unfortunate? YES! But this lineup tarnishing their legacy? Don't see it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-13-2018, 06:47 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well when he first left after Tango (and this was much closer to the worst times in their history) she was jumping with joy then flash forward a couple of years and she's crying that their relationship is dead and that he no longer speaks to her. So honestly anything is possible, especially with someone like Stevie who changes her mind a lot and is naturally dramatic (I also believe she's not been in a normal headspace since TP died). But it's true that their age isn't helping.
I agree with this--if anyone doubts or was on the fence about that....I offer up her Musicares speech. That said, and I don't mean to sound morbid, but I would hate to think of her "headspace" if g-d forbid, something happened to Lindsey before she can patch things up with him.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved