Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

Heart My dying friend and a dilemma

I have an old girlfriend recently diagnosed with brain cancer. Way back in 1985, we were an item and had a bad breakup, but over the last 1 1/2 years we've become closer. Put it this way, that's where I developed my board name. From dealing with our breakup and obsessing over the "Going Insane" album. I haven't posted since August (gack!), but I'm ready to meet some new folks for real. I need your help. I was making "mix" tapes way before it was "cool" to do. It was VERY difficult to do back in the mid-80's compared to now.

I have had my own family now for 7 yrs. My fiancee have the longest engagement ever and I am stepdad to three terrific kids. My ex is married and had two children. I also knew her current husband from way back then(we both did) and I hated his guts(still really dislike him). I want to compile a disc of solely FM/FM solo material for her. I need ideas.

Example: Storms

I would put that beautiful song on there for sure. But what else? I don't want it to be all dark and foreboding, but I don't want it to be like every thing is all sunny.

Also, morally, is it ok for me to do this. I know this sounds corny, but I liken our relationship as a Stevie/Lindsey thing.

Any suggestions song wise or content wise would be SO appreciated.

And again,
I'm going Insane
Old 03-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You need Tusk and lots of it (the album..)

And of course its ok to be friends with this lady. When a person is very ill, they need all the friends they can get. And you have to also make sure she is aware how much you care. But if the occassion ever rears its head that you pick her over yer family in some kind of siutation, take a step back and access the situation.

You also need Fireflies.

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 03-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

man...I understand you 100%. I have been (or I am, does time matter?) through a relationship like this and I can figure out what you're telling.
I don't think there's room here for guilty. It's a feeling you can't help and plus, we are talking about an ill person who deserves all the love, caring and atention of the world.

I agree with DigYourGrave. You need tons of tusk. Also Go Insane, Wild Heart, Rock a Little, tango in the night and out of the cradle, I think.

Storms is a good option, as well as beautiful child, play in the rain, no spoken world, rock a little, wild heart, nothing ever changes, trouble, you and I part IandII, when I see you again, alice, battle of the dragon, joan of arch, talk to me, loving cup, say we'll meet again, etc etc...

I hope everything will be ok. Don't be afraid of spending time with her, or letting your feelings show. It's better to regret something you did that something you could have done but you didn't dare.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that I would leave off Loving Cup if I were you.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps end the cd with Don't Stop or Songbird, but definitely end with a Christine McVie song!!!!

and yes, I completely understand you, and I hope everything is all right, the mac definitley gets me through all the times like this.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

prayers and best wishes to you and your friend
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

beside beautiful music, do you know Bruce Lipton or Gregg Braden. Maybe introduce them to yourself and then to you friend, theres a great chance for a change for the better.

peace and love
Ralph
Old 03-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

aw you're so nice to do that for your friend

Rock a Little and Go Insane [the songs] for sure

i love Play in the Rain too